Profile for Jon_G > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Laser 5258 Valve Spring Compressor
Laser 5258 Valve Spring Compressor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful tool, 9 Dec. 2013
This is a useful tool. Like any universal tool, it is difficult to make it do every car but it still seems to work well and is very robust and well made. Quality of the box is good too. Generally impressed. I could not get the screws in both sides of the head, and relied on one side. On one side, I had to raise the height of the tool with plates so that the tool's legs cleared the fuel rail - removing it would have been another way but I didn't want to do that. I think this is a better tool than those that you need to exert pressure on as you need your full concentration to get the valve cotters in and out. By the way, getting seals off seems to vary from easy to very difficult.

Canon Powershot SX160 IS ( 16.6 MP,16 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Canon Powershot SX160 IS ( 16.6 MP,16 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 Oct. 2013
Very happy with this camera. Good picture quality and the colour balance I have come to expect from Canon. Movie quality pretty good too. This is a total bargain now at the price presumably because there is a new model. I prefer the way this uses AA batteries because I have loads of them and also when either the camera or the batteries die, I don't have to throw the other away if that makes sense. Happy here. Better low light performance would be good but I appreciate I'd have to pay for it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2013 9:29 AM GMT

Draper 37329 2.5-12 mm Bar-Type Tap Wrench
Draper 37329 2.5-12 mm Bar-Type Tap Wrench

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 21 April 2013
Good product, no problems. Not the sort of product that a long review can be written but would recommend easily.

Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Digital Camera - Black (14.1 MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD with Wide Viewing Angle
Offered by ASK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, 21 April 2013
Good camera for the price, massive images, little bit noisy. Looks smart and easy to use. Quick to start up too.

Braun Oral-B EB20-4 Precision Clean Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads (Pack of 4) (Packaging May Vary)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 8 Dec. 2012
Very good not cheap though. I would never be without an electric toothbrush now, feels different without it. Thanks for reading.

The Boat That Rocked [DVD] (2009)
The Boat That Rocked [DVD] (2009)
Dvd ~ Philip Seymour Hoffman
Offered by 247dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed, 22 Sept. 2012
I enjoyed the surreal nature of the film and the good cast. It has a great atmostphere some of the time, but something about it didn't work for me - I know it is all in fun but perhaps I am just not uninhibited enough for it somehow.

Olivia Long Life Sweet Dreams
Olivia Long Life Sweet Dreams
by Tara Nolty Johnston

5.0 out of 5 stars A read that won't be forgotten, 16 April 2012
This book has a wonderful surreal quality, and conveys vividly the sense of mystery and suspense that night brings. The identity of the tooth fairy remains a mystery, and it is that quality of suspense made so intense by the vibrant images that my daughter enjoyed most of all. A memorable read that will remain with her. Good fun too!

Brothers Keepers
Brothers Keepers
by Donald E. Westlake

5.0 out of 5 stars After all these years, I still like this book, 18 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Brothers Keepers (Hardcover)
Personally, I think Westlake wrote some very good inspired books and crafted some relatively dull ones that just don't work. This is one of the former and however improbable the plot, I think he gets away with it and that the book remains very readable today. I recommend it for the hardened enthusiasts and the newcomers alike.

6 ROLLS BROWN/BUFF PACKING TAPE, PARCEL TAPE
6 ROLLS BROWN/BUFF PACKING TAPE, PARCEL TAPE
Offered by Alex Shanks Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars seems ok to me, 18 Dec. 2011
Tape seems to work fine to me and rolls are long so price not too bad. I think it is polypropylene which is supposedly inferior to PVC tape but must be environmentally better so I'm happy enough.

Search Engine Optimization For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
Search Engine Optimization For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
by Peter Kent

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding clear guide, 16 Aug. 2011
This is an outstanding clear guide to a complex subject. It is easy to read and the general techincal level was about right for me. I have made great use of it and have adopted as much of the detail as I can. I admit it could perhaps have been slightly shorter, but it is a minor criticism.

Page: 1 | 2