Profile for Gary G. Lewis > Reviews

Foxy: My Life in Three Acts
Foxy: My Life in Three Acts
by Pam Grier

5.0 out of 5 stars Fearless and Foxy, 6 Feb. 2012
Entertaining, fascinating, inspirational and just a blunt no holds bar book.

One of those books that surprises you from the very first chapter right through its conclusion.

A woman that has truly lived and reveals it to the reader in no uncertain terms.

Loved it.

The Diary of a Young Girl: The Definitive Edition
The Diary of a Young Girl: The Definitive Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Just real, 7 Dec. 2011
Every home should have a copy of this iconic book. It showed me the importance of living life to the full as life is short.

Be Your Own Life Coach: How to take control of your life and achieve your wildest dreams (A Coronet paperpack)

5.0 out of 5 stars The book that turbo charged me, 20 Nov. 2011
A terrific read.

First read this book in 2006 and the positive knock on effect is still with me today.

I have bought this book many a times as my friends always "borrowed" mine permanently! In one case one of my friends bought me a box of Thornton's chocolate as compensation due to Fiona's book changing her life.

Every home should have a copy.

How To Build Self Confidence & Increase Self Esteem
How To Build Self Confidence & Increase Self Esteem

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but Powerful, 20 Nov. 2011
This is a simple and delightful short publication that encourages in concise terms on how to make the most of life.

I loved it.

Gold Rush
Gold Rush

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold Rush, 6 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Gold Rush (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed Gold Rush. A fascinating insight into mindset and emotions it takes to be a great Olympian and its aftermath.

Gold Rush does not just focus on Johnson but includes frank contributions throughout the book from the likes of Rebecca Addlington, Usain Bolt, Seb Coe, Chris Hoy, Sally Gunnell, Ian Thorpe plus others.

Gold Rush has sure whetted my appetite for the 2012 games which is 10 minutes from my door!

The Haymakers Survey: Our Secret Inheritance
The Haymakers Survey: Our Secret Inheritance
by Billie Shears

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Read, 8 July 2008
I gather this is the writer's first novel. If this is true then what a fine piece of storytelling!?

I found it entertaining with a serious message relevant to today's society.

The story was not just on environment issues but also a vivid reminder of some of the great artists of the early 19th century that Britain has produced.

It has rekindled my interest in environmental issues and that of early 19th British century art.

Definitely a ticket to ride.