Profile for KenniPod > Reviews

The Devil's Due [DVD]
The Devil's Due [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zach Gilford

1.0 out of 5 stars Do we really have to award even one star?, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Devil's Due [DVD] (DVD)
Do we really have to award even one star? Hand-held ‘found footage' films should carry a warning, it seems to now be de rigueur for the creatively dead film-maker. if I never see another it will be too soon, clichè? Yes. Well this film is full of them, nonsensical drivel it's only saving grace is the plagiarised ideas and techniques from other films, these film-makers haven't a creative brain-cell to share between them. Derivative s***, the anti-Christ foetus should have shoved the guy's camera where the sun don't shine in the first trimester and spared me the anguish of having to sit through this crap. Don't do it.

Karrimor Orkney 5 Mens Walking Boots
Karrimor Orkney 5 Mens Walking Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Old friends, 13 Dec. 2014
My very loved old friends were left to dry out after a hard wet walk, on my Welcome mat in the corridor outside the front door of my new flat. It seemed like a good idea, the corridor has underfloor heating and is always very warm. They were stolen. Walkers will understand how upset I was. I couldn't sleep thinking someone's out there with MY boots! And so I have to get another pair for hiking over Christmas. This will be my fourth pair of leather Karrimors – I've been hiking for over thirty years now (one pair sacrificed themselves on the Pennines Way in the worst thunder storms I have ever experienced on a hike). I would never consider any other make of boot as they are the most comfortable and hard-wearing, and the only consolation will be how easy they are to weather-in.

Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black
Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black
Offered by Micronutrients Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars great design and froths beautifully, 23 Nov. 2014
Worryingly, having read some of the bad reviews, I hope it lasts, but I couldn’t be happier with it. I BOUGHT IT TO GO WITH MY Tassimo as I don’t like the sweetened milk capsules. There is a repeated warning not to submerge the jug unit at all when cleaning it, so I am being very careful when I do and ensure also that water doesn’t splash the electric fitment in the base of it. The frother is also perfectly obviously going to be quite delicate, as the jug uses magnetism to rotate the frother so it is not fixed into a motor but ‘floats’ inside, which means it is easily removed for cleaning. I think it is a great design and froths beautifully and I hope with the stated precautions it will last!

Gold
Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soul album, 3 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Gold (Audio CD)
This is a great soul/dance album. It's what I hoped Robin Thicke's album might be after Blurred Lines, it is old-school but contemporary and I was surprised at how good his voice is, and also that he won the Netherlands' Pop Idol a few years ago! If he was British I think there would be a buzz around him, as it is, he definitely deserves to be heard more and I hope the album is picked up and becomes the success it deserves to be. TRACKS. LIsten to it all!.

Brooklyn's Finest [Blu-ray]
Brooklyn's Finest [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Richard Gere

5.0 out of 5 stars A Riveting 132 minutes, 1 Jun. 2014
This film probably doesn't get the plaudits it deserves because the plots are perhaps formulaic, and the director takes time to develop the storylines, which may not be to the taste of those expecting an action-packed movie, but I found it a riveting watch. The cast line-up is excellent, Gere, Cheadle and Hawke put in superb performances, and the build-up of tension will leave you on the edge of your seat. There are three separate story threads that gradually intertwine, and the main preoccupation of the film is how three Brooklyn cops deal with the constant stresses and tensions of the job, and how it tragically inveigles itself into every aspect of their lives. I would recommend this film to anyone who enjoys a finely nuanced and intelligent cop film.

Lucy Ladybird
Lucy Ladybird
by Sharon King-Chai

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Lucy Ladybird (Paperback)
A gorgeous book, my little nephew loved it and has the brilliant ap too that is fantastic interactive fun for little ones. It is a very sweet gentle story teaching kindness, sharing, and the acceptance of differences – in fact celebrating differences in wonderfully colourful illustrations. Can’t wait for the next book from this talented author-illustrator.

Joseph Joseph C-Pump Soap Dispenser - Grey/ Grey
Joseph Joseph C-Pump Soap Dispenser - Grey/ Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 1 Feb. 2014
Love it, no touching it with grubby hands, a simple perfect pump action without batteries. One of the best little ideas Joseph Joseph have come up with.

Animal Edison Men's Hat Granite Grey One Size KH2WA017-W19-O/S
Animal Edison Men's Hat Granite Grey One Size KH2WA017-W19-O/S

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hat, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Animal Edison Men's Hat (Apparel)
Great hat, great colours, very comfortable and warm on, only criticism is it is slightly pudding-bowl shaped on, would have been nicer if the forehead edge wasn’t so straight.

Joni Mitchell: The Complete Poems and Lyrics
Joni Mitchell: The Complete Poems and Lyrics
by Joni Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, 1 Feb. 2014
Wonderful book for the content. The interior design (I am a designer) could have been less pedestrian and I would have loved a few illustrations or photos, the Herb Ritt is on the cover gorgeous. it is the complete lyrics Joni Mitchell through to Turbulent Indigo. She is one of the few songwriters whose lyrics read well as poetry off the page without the music, and she is one of the very – if not the – best lyricists, bar non. Sad that the production of this book wasn’t a little more glamorous, but it is an indispensable book for any fan of any distinction.

Andrew James Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Black, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Splash Guard, 5.2 Litre Bowl, Spatula And 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended without qualification, 1 Feb. 2014
This was recommended me, and I would also recommend it without qualification. For this unbeatable price, it is unbelievably solidly built and great quality feel, and the 1500 watt motor is all you need. Extremely chuffed with this mixer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10