Profile for somebodyelse > Reviews

Content by somebodyelse

somebodyelse

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Kershaw Camp Tool Trader.
Kershaw Camp Tool Trader.
Offered by Asaz
Price: 76.00

5.0 out of 5 stars GGrereat kitchen knives, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Kershaw Camp Tool Trader. (Misc.)
I have a set of these and the only fault I can find with them is the set could do with another handle.

I stopped using my normal kitchen knives t years ago in favour of these and I have not looked back. When friend have visited they have been so impressed they have been converted and bought there own sets.

The blades are made of an exceptional quality steel that hold an edge well but not so hard they chip.

I hope this review helps, one point these knives are not particularly long so if you need/prefer longer bladed knives these are probably not for you.

Silverline 589681 Digital Multimeter AC and DC
Silverline 589681 Digital Multimeter AC and DC
Price: 5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 12 May 2014
I have one of these, I bought it to replace a very similar one.

However when this one arrived I found it have a buzz function for continuity (I had not noticed this on the advert)

This is far from the best multi-meter on the market but I would rather have this in my toolbox and a space safely packed in the car than have an expensive Fluke meter.

Note this is not supplied with a battery.

Still a good buy though.

Draper Expert 26482 185 mm Ergo Plus VDE Fully Insulated Pliers
Draper Expert 26482 185 mm Ergo Plus VDE Fully Insulated Pliers
Price: 29.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Multi-tool hmmmmmmmmm, 12 May 2014
This is a good attempt at a multitool.

Firstly I have been spoilt by having Bahco ergo sidecutters and pliers.

After using these they are handy to have if you want a tool that does lots of jobs although not to the highest standard.
I was impressed with the M3.5 & M4 bolt shear.

The sidecutter ability is impeded as when you open the jaws to accept a cable it slides into the crimp part of the jaws and crushes the cable rather than cut it, also when you position the cable correctly more force is required than I expected to cut the cable.

The wire striping function is good on single core cable but on multi-core you are left wanting when you realise it has cut out a number of strands. This function does work well and quickly with single core wire though.

The Crimp function! the advert implies it is for automotive style insulated crimps. It is not it is designed for what are called bootlaces or ferrules these are sleeves put on multi-core conductors to prevent the strands being pulled out when you tighten a screw down on to the conductor. When used on the insulated automotive style crimps, the jaws severely deform the insulator to the point I query the insulators integrity.

The cable-tie cutter it works, although it seems to require more force than expected to cut a cable-tie.

I haven't yet used the function for bending a eye for an earthing point.

All in all this is useful and is good to have when you don't have space or weight to carry many tools but given the choice I'd rather have my set of Bahco ergo pliers and cutters.

"Update, I used the bolt shear on steel bolts (not patteress box screws) the bolt shear was not up to the task, it does work well on the soft top plate screws"

Timex Originals Watch with Cream Dial and Grey Nylon Strap - T2N654PF
Timex Originals Watch with Cream Dial and Grey Nylon Strap - T2N654PF
Offered by Kay's Watch Shop
Price: 42.49

2.0 out of 5 stars What a shame, 23 April 2014
I bought this watch in a shop.

Tried it on it fitted wonderfully, looks good and the strap is very comfortable although like another review it is a little short.

This gets I 2 star for me because the ticking of the watch is so LOUD I have to put it in my sock draw to suppress the ticking bomb sound to go to sleep. I can even hear the ticking whilst sitting in traffic with the engine running and I have a noisy rattling diesel car!

Lovely watch but it is quite loud.

Lansky Sharpeners PS-MED01 Blade Medic - Black
Lansky Sharpeners PS-MED01 Blade Medic - Black
Offered by Shop Radiance
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 22 Dec 2013
Firstly this is a good sharpener that sharpens both plain and serrated blades BUT it misses its mark and could be so much better.

-This is so heavy for what it is, it feels like it is made of lead,
-The pivot for the diamond rod is plastic could be a bit stronger,
-The diamond rod locks in position when new but wears quickly and no longer locks,
-The Carbide V quickly chips and looses it's efficiency when trying to recover a blunt kitchen knife. I have used some other Carbide sharpener's that are better.
-When using the Carbide V it is very difficult to push and pull a blade through the V, if you persist to pull the blade through it only sharpens one side of the edge. The it is easier to clamp the blade in a vice (sharp edge up) and carefully push and pull the sharpener that way. This is the easiest way I've found to use the Carbide V but not it is NOT the SAFEST and I try to avoid doing it as is you slip you could badly cut yourself.
-The Ceramic V is good the aggressive for a ceramic V although it dirty's quickly and is difficult to clean.
-The ceramic bar for serrated edges is not firmly fixed into the handle and rattles around, it does a good job of dressing up a serrated edge however it is a little short for the purpose.

If all these points were resolved this would easily be the best and most versatile sharpener I have used however with these faults I won't be throwing out my wet stones yet.

The real bonus of this knife sharpener has is if you have a chipped blade on a kitchen knife it sharpens inside the chip you don't need to sharpen the blade back to a clean edge.

R7s J118 36 SMD LED White Halogen Flood Light Lamp Bulb 8W
R7s J118 36 SMD LED White Halogen Flood Light Lamp Bulb 8W

4.0 out of 5 stars R7s J118 36 SMD LED White Halogen Flood Light Lamp Bulb 8W, 13 Dec 2013
This is a good bulb and fits the standard 110mm flood light. It is a good bulb not quite as bright as I expected it to be I'd say it is equivilant to a 100 watt Halogen.

However there was a note on the packaging about customs as this came from outside the UK

Pop Up Portable Mini Travel II Capsule Rechargeable Speaker For Iphone 5, iPod, Ipad and MP3 Players
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, 20 Sep 2013
This is a great little speaker.

The only problems with it are:-
1. If it runs out of charge it switches off ( you can charge and use it at the same time.
2. The audio jack cable is a little short and you may wish to buy an extension.

Other than that this is a great little speaker and amazingly loud whilst retaining the clarity of sound.

Update: I have since found there are other speakers similar to this physical but also have Bluetooth capability, might be worth a look.

Zombieland [DVD] [2010]
Zombieland [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Woody Harrelson
Offered by Rapid-DVD
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutal zombie killing comedy., 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Zombieland [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I think the title says it all.

This is a brutal zombie killing comedy, that is good fun.

This is a serious compliment from me as I don't really like Woody Harrelson.

Bill Murray is pretty good.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Smiley's People Double Pack [DVD] [1979]
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Smiley's People Double Pack [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Alec Guinness
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget James Bond, George Smiley is the man., 20 Sep 2013
Forget James Bond, George Smiley is the man.

There is not much action in this but this is a good film.

Lloytron L1101BK 20 Watt Halo Reach Task Lamp, Black
Lloytron L1101BK 20 Watt Halo Reach Task Lamp, Black
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Desk light, 20 Sep 2013
Nice desk light.

Easily adjustable, not to bright just.

Best bit no hum/buzz from the transformer.

This is my second, my first one broke after 6 years of service.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7