Profile for A. F. Moss > Reviews

Content by A. F. Moss

A. F. Moss (Luton, England)

The Silence of Our Friends (Kindle Single)
The Silence of Our Friends (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 8 Feb. 2014
Ed West writes of one of the greatest tragedies of the age - the persecution of Christians in the Middle East. Countless thousands are being driven from their homes where their communities have lived for centuries, with many being killed. However the governments of the West say and do absolutely nothing. The Silence of our Friends indeed! This is a book that will upset and make you angry. Let's hope that enough people get its message and prompt Government not to be silent any more.

Barton Hollow
Barton Hollow

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably beautiful, enchanting music, 8 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Barton Hollow (MP3 Download)
I heard "20 Years" on the radio and loved it so much, I downloaded the album right away here from Amazon MP3. Since then,it has been continuously playing in my car. The melodies are all terrific. The harmonies are wonderful. The duo's singing interweaves marvelously. I went to see them live in London and those that were there were completely blown away. I'm so glad they had more exposure on Jools "Later" programme. They were great on that too. My family cannot stop singing "I've Got This Friend". In fact each song is a gem, in my opinion. I've have never been so excited about a new act for years. The album is the best I've heard in years. I would thoroughly recommend this album to all lovers of music. No doubt about 5 stars at all!

The Josiah Generation: New Dawn, New Rules, New Rulers
The Josiah Generation: New Dawn, New Rules, New Rulers
by Olly Goldenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, inspiring and challenging book, 30 Aug. 2011
This is an easy-to-read, exciting and inspiring book. Taking the story of Josiah, the author gives us insights into what God is doing among children today. This is no theory book though. The highlights of the book are the testimonies drawn from the author's over twenty years experience in childrens' ministry. Many of these are simply jaw-dropping. The foreward challenges us: "to recognise that a new generation is in our midst. The Josiah generation has the potential to reform their nation for God. You have a part to play as you recognise and release that potential, instead of leaving the children to fall prey to the world and to the enemy". There's no doubt that this book helps us - that is parents, ministers, childrens' workers - to do this. The book is endorsed by the National and the London and SE directors of New Wine, amongst others. To add a personal note, the author, with his team, led my daughter's age-group at a Christian Camp this summer (Aug 11). At the end of the Camp, there were many encouraging reports of what God had done among the group. The author deserves a wide audience - so that we may follow his example in encouraging children to be all that God wants them to be.