Profile for Tellboy > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 411

Tellboy (Manchester)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
King of Flash iPhone 6 Black 4.7" 2014 Premium Quality Sports Armband for Jogging, Running, Gym, Cycling with Key Pocket - Universal Size
Offered by KING OF FLASH

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful but Functional, 14 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is best described as cheap and cheerful and you would expect it to retail from the shop where everything costs a Pound. it is not making any fashion statement but it is functional and secure. in the absence of any instructions at all I gather that the two slots marked A & B are probably for fitting either on the upper arm or the smaller diameter used on your wrist. there is an opening to hold a key but as this is open with no fastening I would not confidently use that and expect the key to be still there after jogging. the slight rubbery and stretch material it is made of does hold an Iphone secure so that would be no problem

Samsung UE40H5500 40 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 100 Hz TV
Samsung UE40H5500 40 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 100 Hz TV

1.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic TV according to reviews but the one I got would not receive HD UK Channels, 13 Jun. 2015
This order is turning out to be a total nightmare.
This TV has 5 star reviews and many good reviews in magazines.
I place a normal Amazon Order but after ordering found it was being supplied by Firma Onyx-Online GmbH
Bochumer Str. 258 DE-45661 Recklinghausen. On arrival it came with a UK plug adaptor but the only countries in the AutoTune Set Up were Eastern European starting with Bulgaria through to Poland not even Germany was listed and certainly not the United Kingdom.
Tuning by selecting "Others" gave some oddly numbered UK channels which were digital but not HD at all with Channel number 1 as a music channel. Repeated Autotunes failed to give a normal FreeView Terrestial Program Guide at all and no HD.
I expect this particular TV tuner only works in Eastern Europe and should not be sold in the UK. It was imported into Poland from a manufacture in Slovakia. Edited 29th June 2015 ...It was confirmed that it did not have a UK HD Tuner
I am currently having difficulty getting it returned as DHL will not accept the printed return label on my return request and want £58 carriage back to Germany. Edited 29th June 2015 It turned out that Parcel Force are the UK handling agents for DHL Bundespost and I have spent ages building up phone call charges trying to resolve the return. The TV is on its way back to Germany and a refund promised.
I will update this review if I manage to get a UK version and the 1 Star is just a warning to be careful where you place your order.

WD-40 400ml Specialist Motorbike Chain Lube
WD-40 400ml Specialist Motorbike Chain Lube
Offered by ONE SAFE SOURCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Nozzle design seemed a bit odd.., 11 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The viscosity of this WD40 Chain Lubricant is less than a typical 3:1 oil.
The only issue I have with it is that the nozzle is not actually a spray nozzle it just sends a stream of oil. I found it easier to just empty a small quantity into a jar and apply it to the chain of a mountain bike with a paintbrush.
I am not sure if this is by design or a faulty plastic nozzle. An ordinary WD40 nozzle did not fit to enable me to try that.
Some aerosol tins of the normal WD40 come with a plastic straw that fits to the nozzle and I found that this also fits this nozzle making application much easier.
I am also using it on a garden hedge trimmer.

AmazonBasics Everyday Double Fitted Sheet, White
AmazonBasics Everyday Double Fitted Sheet, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made pure cotton sheet..., 31 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The double fitted sheet is a pure white 100% cotton sheet. It is made in Portugal which is renowned for its cotton goods. The sheet feels smooth, of good quality and has an expensive feel to it.

The whole of the perimeter of the sheet is elasticated and sewn beautifully without threads or creases protruding. It looks easy to fit on a standard double bed. However before using new sheets of any kind it is advisable to wash before use. The washing tag recommends up to a 60% wash, which is ideal for hygiene. It is fine in a washing machine but not tumble dried. My experience with pure cotton sheets is they crease as they dry. To make life easier I shake and fold flat to dry before ironing.

If fitting directly onto a deep coloured/patterned mattress I would advise an under sheet or mattress protector so the colour does not taint the pure white sheet.

I am delighted with this product as I do use 100% cotton or cotton percale bedding.

TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch
TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars A Positive Speed Increase., 29 May 2015
My Router has Gigabit connection but my old separate switch was a 10/100. Replacing my old switch with this TP-Link TL-SG1008D has increased transfer speeds to my NAS Device on a 12GB Folder from 8.5 MB/second to 41 MB/s.

WD My Cloud Business Series DL2100 4 TB (2 x 2 TB) 2-Bay Pre-configured NAS with WD Red drives

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, Neat NAS Drive from Western Digital, 27 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing to note is that this My Cloud DL2100 2 drive x 2 TB NAS is more compact (6x4x9 inches) than earlier twin Western Digital NAS Drives. It is now slightly smaller than a Synology DS214 Play which I also use..

Following the Quick Start Guide once connected to your network and powered on all you need to do is type in the address in your Browser and it is configured and running as a Raid 1 NAS Drive within minutes. It was the easiest set up I have experienced on a NAS Drive.
With RAID 1 either hard drive can fail without loss of your data with the limitation that the storage volume is 1.96TB. Other RAID configurations can be set and the menu explains the advantages or disadvantages of your selection.

Part of the Setup involves registration and as with other Western Digital Products especially Red Drives it may flag up a Warranty Expiry Date before the purchase date.
Their Standard reply is....We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, we will be more than glad to assist you with this issue.
Please send me a copy of the proof of purchase of the 4 TB My Cloud DL2100 that shows the purchase date. I can then forward the proof or purchase to the back office with the request to update the warranty period for this drive

The Drive is much quieter than other drives I have used such as The My Cloud EX4 which had constant disk activity and flashing LED's on all 4 drives and never seemed to go into StandBy Mode. Apart from a burst of Fan Noise on start up this model settles down quickly and is consuming 15 to 18 Watts during file transfer.
No Backup Software is loaded or comes on a CD with the Drive but this DL 2100 drive does qualify for a free upgrade to Smartware Pro if it is downloaded from the Western Digital Site. I have tried this Backup Software before and didnt like it much and ended up preferring to do my own manual drag and drop using Windows Explorer. Having just tried the latest version my opinion is still the same.

Data Transfer speeds when connecting the PC and this NAS Drive with a Gigabit Router Connection are very good on large single files achieving up to 95 MB/seconds. On all NAS drives copying large folders with many sub folders and multiple files will reduce this considerably down to single figures at times.

I particularly like the easy access to music and pictures using my iPad through the Free WD My Cloud IOS App without having to subscribe to any
Cloud Subscriptions.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Multi Device: 5 Device, 1 Year [Frustration-Free Packaging] (PC/Mac/Android)

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistently rated as the No.1 Internet Security option.., 26 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A magazine article with Microsoft recommending that a Third Part Anti-Virus be installed instead of using Microsoft security essentials prompted me to look at the league tables of products. Even the Free Ant- Virust Avast and AVG were rated higher than Microsoft Essentials which came tenth.
The clear leader in different magazines of tests carried out was Kaspersky Ant-Virus.
This package has 5 licences spanning PC, Mac, Android Devices and IOS but you should note that all expiry dates of 1 year run from the date of the first installation.
I have found it to be unobtrusive with only the very first scan taking over an hour and detecting 5 potentially unwanted programs.
The only criticism I have read is that the "Safe Money" utility is not working correctly on some Internet Browsers so for the moment this has been switched off.

Philips DVT2700 Voice Tracer Digital Recorder with Speech Recognition Software and 2 Microphone Stereo Recording

3.0 out of 5 stars Installation and Set up was not easy...., 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking software over different versions for a few years but with a headset and carefully positioned microphone because you have to go through a very tedious voice. training process to create what is called a "user profile"
This carefully backed up and updated profile is no use in this Dragon Naturally Speaking v12 DVR (digital voice recording) as after a lengthy conversion from v11 when I tried to use it got an error message saying "the user profile you have selected using an acoustic model is incompatible with this DVR edition".
So it was starting from scratch and finding that the installation is from a DVD when I don't have a DVD drive on my Intel NUC PC.
Unlike other software providers there is no download link from their site to which you just input the serial number so it was a case of finding a DVD drive and copying over to a memory stick. During installation a nag screen to register the product came up but after opening up Internet Explorer the boxes for email address and password were greyed out and you could not input your details anyway. This is followed by a request to activate the product and an immediate offer to upgrade and then the request to create a profile using the Philips Voice Recorder.
The leaflet specific to the recorder is just a diagram of functions which I found OK for just recording and playback and connecting.
There is a pdf file user manual on the recorder itself explaining the more complicated set up options but I found just being able to Record, Pause, Stop and then connect the USB to the PC was enough once you knew where the mp3 file was located on the file system on the Philips Recorder. Once I had done about 10 minutes reading and creating the voice profile by connecting and selecting Transcribe I found using the software fairly easy having used other acoustic versions. it was not totally accurate in printing out my recorded text but I am aware this takes a number of hours and a lot of patience. What I don't understand is that on my iPad I have the free Dragon Dictation App in IOS and immediately after installing it I could just talk without a carefully controlled microphone , without training and it has better accuracy than this DVR version at this stage. If you have the patience to work with Dragon Naturally Speaking Software I would recommend you find out the location of your User Profile in ProgramData/ Nuance/NaturallySpeaking12/Users and make sure you have a backup copy. I have had to reinstall the Software and start from scratch myself in the past.

Pest-Stop PSIR-SH2 Small House Pest Repeller - White
Pest-Stop PSIR-SH2 Small House Pest Repeller - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure it works at all ..am I too sceptical ?, 19 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It has two deterrent functions, Electromagnetic and Ultrasonic but the instructions printed on the box and in a strip leaflet inside are very confusing.
It is effective against insects and rodents clearly stated but the box states safe for Pets and "even if you have a rodent pet". How does that work then ? It is also ticked as being safe with a green tick for House Flies according to the diagram along with dogs and cats birds and lizards..
My Dog reacts to it being switched on, so as far as I can see the Pet safe position on the switch just turns it off leaving the Electro Magnetic
We definitely have mice in the garage as they are eating the bird food we store there. After 3 days switched on in there the mice are still eating the bird food and we left a door open so they could run up a white flag and escape, I wish I could be convinced it works but so far I am not.

Rexel A4 100 Pocket Clearview Display Books - Black (3 Pack)
Rexel A4 100 Pocket Clearview Display Books - Black (3 Pack)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap in quality but not in price...disappointing, 13 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have an Art portfolio in a series of ordinary four ring binders with crystal clear heavy gauge pockets. Transferring the work across to this presentation folder I immediately noticed that the pockets are a much lighter gauge in fact I would describe them as flimsy but they are also matt and cloudy and not what I would have expected from the description as "clearview". The pages once loaded are easier to turn than a ring binder but with 200 glossy inkjet A4 sheets the whole book has no rigidity and is even difficult to fit into the outer box sleeve which is also made of plastic and too flexible. There is no pocket on the outside to label the contents if put in a bookcase . I think 100 pockets holding 200 sheets is probably too many for this design and the smaller capacity would be more manageable but I would definitely want much more substantial and clear pockets in something described as a presentation or display book..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20