Profile for Tellboy > Reviews

Sealy Posturepedic 400 g Zonal Support Pillow
Offered by UK-Bedding

3.0 out of 5 stars I found the support rating 7 too hard., 28 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have cervical spondylosis a neck pain caused by age-related ‘wear and tear’ to bones and tissues. During sleep I wake up frequently with neck pain and have to reposition my head so a disturbed night is normal. I have tried various special shaped pillows such as a neck support "peanut pillow" but found over the years that two individual cheap hypo allergenic synthetic pillows gave me the best neck support as a side sleeper. Pillow prices seem to range from £5 to £125 and the advantage of a cheap pillow is that they can be changed frequently too. This pillow design had a firmness ratio of 7 on their scale of 1 to 10 and I found it both too hard and too high for my neck and actually induced neck pain in all my sleep positions. It is difficult buying online to get the support rating correct first time and it is not the sort of thing you could exchange for a softer rating. I would like to try a softer rating. The pillow is well made but I find the washing instructions a bit confusing as 75 % of the pillow is not removable from the case. I can't quite see how you could hand wash and tumble dry it full of hollowfibre.

2 XA4 Dry Wipe Magnetic Whiteboard Mini Office Notice Memo White Board Pen & Eraser Shopmonk
Offered by 5starwarehouse (UK Seller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the price, 24 April 2015
No idea how they sell a pair of them for this price with free postage.
As good as others that are over £10 that are magnetic. The only difficulty was that Pen Cap is very tight but I didn't expect a free pen really
I only wanted an A4 size so it is ideal.

Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 301 - Black
Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 301 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars You need some patience with the nag screens to start with....then OK, 19 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Using this Remanufactured Cartridge in a HP Deskjet 3050a printer you are initially presented with " Black Cartridge is Counterfeit or used".
There is a label on the cartridge saying it will show as empty on the printer utility and this was the case on the small graphic screen on the printer.
As the printer is a multi function scanner, copier,printer any cartridge change prompts an alignment test. This worked correctly as normal.
When you come to print the first sheet using a PC you are presented with another nag screen asking , "was this cartridge sold to you as a new, genuine HP Branded Cartridge that has not been previously used ?". Answering No seemed to then enable normal printing to carry on.
Powering off the printer then on again did not generate all the warnings but whether they will appear periodically later we will see.
For the price and the output quality which seems the same as the overpriced original is worth the initial hassle.

Lexar Professional JumpDrive P20 32GB USB 3.0 (400MB/s) Retractable Design Flash Drive Memory Stick - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A very fast USB 3.0 Flash Drive and encrypted if you wish..., 16 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Lexar P20 JumpDrive 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Dive in a number of reviews concerns were expressed about it being plastic and flimsy. It did not find this to be the case unless it has recently been redesigned as it about 75% metal with the sliding mechanism being black platic.. I don’t tend to retract USB drives but to me it seemed solid enough you just need to depress it to start the sliding action.
It is certainly the fastest USB stick I have used but I am using it it in USB 3.0 ports and transferring between Samsung solid state drives and this stick. Transferring to and from normal mechanical drives will reduce speeds of course.
The 400MB/s read and 150 MB/s write are more lab test based for single large files.
Even so when moving typical files on a PC which are small and numerous and within folders I could notice the difference. Single ISO files of about 3GB were 176 MB/s read and 100 MB/s on my PC.
The free EncryptStick Lite Software is easy to use and could be fairly useful.,
Some caution is needed as this is not on a protected partition. If you format the drive you will lose the program so copy it elsewhere.

Lexar Professional JumpDrive M20 16GB (120MB/s) USB 3.0 to Micro USB Mobile Flash Drive Memory Stick - White/Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars File transfer from USB 3.0 to Micro USB 2 without cables., 5 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Lexar 16GB USB 3.0 Jump Drive is like a conventional USB memory stick but has a standard size USB male connector at one end and a Micro- USB at the other end.
On Devices that support OTG (On the Go) connection and fitted with a Micro USB slot you are able to easily transfer from a PC or Laptop to a tablet.
I used it on a Nexus 7 2013 and instead of the Astro File Manager App recommended found the Nexus Media Importer App from the Play Store much easier to use.
You can achieve the same thing with a normal memory stick and an OTG cable but this solution is very neat. The Micro USB into a Nexus 7 does feel a bit loose but works OK.
Initially sliding the switch to extend and retract the connectors was very difficult and I thought the switch would break but after a few cycles this eased.
At the full extent of travel it will click to lock in position.
As other reviewers have mentioned it did seem a bit flimsy
Transferring files was fairly fast but numerous small files take longer than 1 single large file on which the transfer speed of 120MB/s is quoted.

Startech.com 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x 3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - M/F
Startech.com 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x 3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - M/F

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the opposite of a splitter..., 31 Mar. 2015
My Intel NUC had a combined single 4-position 3.5mm audio out and microphone in port. My Headset had two distinct 3-position 3.5mm audio ports, This allows you to connect a microphone as well as external speakers or headphone. Also works on my iPad.

Nero Video Premium 2 (PC)
Nero Video Premium 2 (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nero Video Premium 2 (PC) or Nero Video 2015 some initial installation confusion explained.., 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Nero Video Premium 2 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have a PC with a DVD drive you won't encounter this problem but a lot of modern devices don't come with one now.
I wanted to install Nero Video Premium 2 on an Intel NUC (a small fast desktop unit). An Intel NUC like many laptops and devices does not have a DVD drive.
Most Software I install means I need to go online and download a trial version and use the serial number within the software package.
The Nero.com site did not list Nero Video Premium 2 as a downloadable product.
I went to an old Desktop PC and copied the 1.95GB of installation files to a 8GB memory stick and then started the install from there.
All installation menus from then referred to Nero Video 2015 and not Nero Video Premium 2 at all.
In hindsight I could probably have downloaded the Trial version of Nero Video 2015 and the serial number would then allow the extra features to be added on the first update. This seems to be the way Nero added features in its previous suites of programmes.
As expected after 2 restarts a 226MB update carried out but the start still says "Welcome to Nero Video 2015"
I found all this unnecessarily confusing making an installation without a DVD drive more complicated than necessary.

Although this is a Video Editing Suite the Nero Home will as always want to catalogue every media file including Music and populate the Nero MediaBrowser.
I am using Windows 7 64 Bit but the programme installed as a x86 32 bit emulation mode
Having used Cyberlink Powerdirector for my video editing it seemed difficult finding my way around the help files but there is a free manual as a Nero Video android app.
So far I have found slide show production very easy but any movie editing a bit less intuitive
I don't have a PC with a Blu-ray player but it seems to me that this software needs yet another purchase to upgrade to Platinum.
It seems decidedly odd that you can burn your videos on a Blu-ray disc but need to pay for an upgrade to play them.

White Shower Screen Seal for Folding Doors - 2 metre
White Shower Screen Seal for Folding Doors - 2 metre
Offered by Plumbtap

5.0 out of 5 stars I am hopeless at DIY but this was easy.., 13 Mar. 2015
I was going to buya new screen. The fold up 4 panel shower screen looked so complicated to replace but only took a couple of minutes..

Kong Small Squeaker, Pack of 6
Kong Small Squeaker, Pack of 6
Offered by Paradise Pets

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for spoilt dogs...., 13 Mar. 2015
I can almost keep up with my Jack Russell now. He destroys the squeaky toys as I mend them.
I don't know how he ruins the squeaker inside the tough plastic toys
I only need the squeak not the balloon as I cut open the Kong animal toys and weld them up again with a soldering iron.

Dell 470-13630 Adaptor from Mini DisplayPort to VGA Black
Dell 470-13630 Adaptor from Mini DisplayPort to VGA Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont go for cheap options...., 13 Mar. 2015
You can find similar descriptions of this adaptor for about £4 with reviews from 1 star to 5 star. The 1 star review all claiming they did not work or they stopped working. When using an adaptor you want it to work 100%. I nearly discarded a monitor that I thought was faulty using a cheap DVDI to VGA adaptor . This Dell product was bought because I have always had confidence in Dell products.
It is being used to connect an Intel NUC to a ATEN KVMP switch setup. KVM switches can be notoriously fickle when changing over between different PC's but at least I know this time the Adaptor is not at fault.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20