Profile for Tellboy > Reviews

Tacwise 18G 50mm Brad Electric Nail Gun
Tacwise 18G 50mm Brad Electric Nail Gun

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Heavy Duty Nail Gun for DIY, 19 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Tacwise 18G fires nails of 18SWG (Standard Wire Gauge) which are 1.2mm diameter and varying lengths to suit the job.
I tried the 35mm and 15 mm length nails. The first thing to note is that for precision you need to press the trigger and at the same time apply some weight with the other hand on the body of the nailer as any slight recoil will mean that the nail is not flush with the surface and you would then need a hammer to finish off
At a weight of 2.5Kg two hands are certainly easier in any event to position it. Loading the nails is the easiest I have experienced on a power nail gun. A safety feature in the head means that nails will only fire once it is depressed on the work surface which was reassuring having once accidentally fired a cable tack into the back of my finger. A hard rubber nose is fitted to prevent surface damage on the wood and a belt hook is built in. I have not tied the 50 mm nails but the sizes I tried fired into hardwood show how powerful the machine is. A heavy duty carrying case completes the outfit.

Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment
Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment

5.0 out of 5 stars The active ingredient is Fipronil which I know from past experience works on our dog..., 17 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When the parcel arrived, it was very large and double wrapped, but having considered the contents I realised the product contained chemicals and also included alcohol and therefore was probably a requirement and justified. The product was slightly less expensive than the usual treatment I use which is prescribed by the Vet though it does contain the same active ingredients. However my normal product also states that it ‘kills biting lice’ which Flick doesn’t.
My dog has regular treatment as we live in a semi rural area which is also farmed. He was due for treatment when we got Flick and before treatment I read the enclosed leaflet. This was vital, as there were warnings about its use around other animals, children, dogs that slept with owners and how to administer the solution.
The sachet and pipette are packaged in such a way so as to avoid accidental misuse..
Unfortunately the Flick pack did not contain coloured stickers to put on calendars to remind owners when to treat with Flick in the future. Personally I think continuous treatment is important with fleas and ticks as their life cycle is difficult to break and they continue both on the dog and within the house.
I found the sachet containing the pipette a little difficult to tear back, but the instructions prompted the use of scissors which was good. The pipette was fine to open and my dog, being used to treatment, was comfortable with my administering the solution. The see through pipette clearly showed me when it was completely empty which is useful for the correct dosage. He always gets a treat afterwards! I found it easy to use.
As my dog has had continuing treatment, with another product, it will be difficult to gauge Flick’s effectiveness immediately and only time will tell. Here’s hoping I don’t spot any fleas or ticks in the 3 month supply period.

McAfee Internet Security 2015 - 3 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]
McAfee Internet Security 2015 - 3 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars I am happy to keep using McAfee products...just shop for the best price, 31 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Within the frustration free packaging is not an installation CD but just a card giving you a download link and your licence number for a 12 month period.
Even when you install software with a disc you are invariably prompted to download the latest version immediately so I am always happy with this arrangement.
Some people are fairly vocal about the lack of a disc in reviews.
Various PC magazines run Top Ten charts of Anti Virus and Internet Security software. These vary a lot and you are left not knowing which is the best one to use. I have tried Kaspersky, Bit Defender and McAfee in the paid for category finding all of them satisfactory and Avast Free which is always rated highly. Symantec Norton and Bullguard are usually well rated in independent tests with McAfee usually grouped with all these.
Last year I used the McAfee 1914 Total Protection 3 licence product but this had a sting in the tail for me as I have 3 desktop PC's which are dual booted into either Windows 7 or Windows 8 on start up selection. I suddenly found out that I had run out of licences and according to McAfee Support I needed 6 licenses and not 3 as I thought (their Sales team were not aware of this.)
Bit Defender licensing is more practical and is confirmed as 1 licence per PC.
McAfee Total Protection doesn't include a huge number of features over and above what's found in this McAfee Internet Security product and as I wasn't using them anyway I will be using this package instead for 2015 having had a problem free 2014.
Don't forget in Windows 8 to go to Control Panel and disable Microsoft Defender prior to running the installation routine. My only other contact with McAfee support was to do this as in my case the installation routine did not detect that another anti virus product was running and it was the cause of some sudden unexpected shutdowns when moving files.
Pricing seems to fairly flexible amongst suppliers so check around before buying

Update. I recently installed Windows Technical Preview i.e Windows 10 Beta and after installation McAfee had disappeared without trace. On trying to install it again I got a message that it is not compatible and could not be installed. This is no crtiicism of McAfee as Beta testing is full of problems and why it is done. I expect by the time Windows 10 releases ot will be perfectly OK.

QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (Apple iOS and Android) by Qardio
QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (Apple iOS and Android) by Qardio
Offered by ONLINE STORE US

2.0 out of 5 stars I can't get it to pair up with any of my iPads only a Nexus 7 andriod but borrowed an iPhone and it works, 23 Dec. 2014
This device the QardiArm is not standalone as it has no display so only works with an Android or iOS device through an App.
It says QardioArm works with Apple iOS (iPhone 4s or later, iPad 3rd gen or later, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod Touch 5th gen or later) and Android smartphones and tablets (see getqardio. com/devices for a list of compatible devices). Requires Bluetooth 4.0 and either iOS 7.0 or or later or Android 4.4 "KitKat" or later.
At present (Dec 2014) the Qardio App in the iTunes Store is only listed for the iPhone not the iPad. I have tried an iPad Retina and an iPad Air 2 with the latest ios 8.1.2 and can't get it to pair up. Bluetooth is normally no problem on other devices.
I just can't pair it with an ipad even though all the sales material says it works with various iPads , don't believe it. Even if you can get the iPhone app to behave on the iPad , pairing with the device is nearly impossible. Got it to pair once, took a couple of measurements, then tried to display the results but the app messed up again and was unreadable. Then I lost the pairing and couldn't get it back.
I have proved the device is fully functional as it did pair up with an Android Nexus 7 2013 running Android Lollipop but pairing up was very difficult with repeated resetting through the bluetooth reset hole with a paperclip before I got it to finally pair.
You can't progress into the App until this is achieved and even then I got a message "Unfortunately Qardio has stopped" and then after exiting a number of times got a normal BP reading which was stored in the App.
I do understand that the device switches on when the inflatable cuff strap is opened up and the batteries were checked as being OK.
Had I only had an iPad it would have been impossible to set up and perhaps a dedicated iPad App will resolve the problems bit I would have thought it should pair up regardless on Bluetooth. I have watched the YouTube video that is sent to other iPad owners by Customet Support that have had the same problem and I am doing it correctly exactly in sequence and in contact as shown in the video.
So far very disappointing.

QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor
QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor

2.0 out of 5 stars I can't get it to work on my iPads only on an Android Device., 23 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At present (Dec 2014) the Qardio App in the iTunes Store is only listed for the iPhone not the iPad. i have tried an iPad Retina and an iPad Air 2 with the latest ios 8.1.2 and can't get it to pair up. Bluetooth is normally no problem on other devices.
i just can't pair it with an iPadeven though all the sales material says it works with various iPads , don't believe it. Even if you can get the iPhone app to behave on the iPad , pairing with the device is nearly impossible. Got it to pair once, took a couple of measurements, then tried to display the results but the app messed up again and was unreadable. Then I lost the pairing and couldn't get it back.
So far very disappointing.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2014 11:13 AM GMT

LE Lampux 12V Flexible LED Strip Lights, LED Tape, Warm White, 300 Units 3528 LEDs, Non-waterproof, Light Strips, Pack of 5M
Offered by Neon Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars You need a mains adaptor...how to calculate what you need., 23 Dec. 2014
You will need a power supply. Either a 12 volt battery or a mains adaptor. it is important that you have one that can supply the correct current at 4.5 watts per metre so for a whole 5 metre length that would be 24 watt. Adaptors are usually marked as DC output in Amps.
Watts= volts x amps so an adaptor of 12 volts and 2 amps would be correct. If it is rated higher it is OK as it will only use the amount of cirrent needed. if you have an adaptor rated lower than 2 amp you can just reduce the length of the LED strip by cutting with scissors at the positions marked on the roll.. 1 spare power connector and two ordinary connectors are supplied. when joining two cut lengths togethor or connecting a power cable it is important to connect positive to positive or the second strip will not light up. I bought it just to experiment with and have succesfully cut and rejoined strips using both the connectors and if you have good eyesight and a steady hand can you solder the tiny copper dots together. The illustration shows aLmost a cream coloured glow but most reviewers think it is a brighter white. I am not sure how good the adhesive backing is as I have not tried sticking it to anything.

LE Lampux 12V Flexible Waterproof LED Strip Lights, LED Tape, Warm White, Super Bright 300 Units 5050 LEDs, Light Strips, Pack of 5M
Offered by Neon Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars You will need an adaptor....how to calculate what you need, 23 Dec. 2014
Watts= volts x amps so an adaptor of 12 volts and 2 amps would be correct. If it is rated higher it is OK as it will only use the amount of cirrent needed. if you have an adaptor rated lower than 2 amp you can just reduce the length of the LED strip by cutting with scissors at the positions marked on the roll.. 1 spare power connector and two ordinary connectors are supplied. when joining two cut lengths togethor or connecting a power cable it is important to connect positive to positive or the second strip will not light up. I bought it just to experiment with and have succesfully cut and rejoined strips using both the connectors and if you have good eyesight and a steady hand can you solder the tiny copper dots together..I am not sure how good the adhesive backing is as I have not tried sticking it to anything.

LE Lampux 12V Flexible LED Strip Lights, LED Tape, Daylight White, Waterproof, 300 Units 3528 LEDs, Light Strips, Pack of 5M
Offered by Neon Mart

4.0 out of 5 stars You will need an adaptor .......and how to work it out.., 23 Dec. 2014
Watts= volts x amps so an adaptor of 12 volts and 2 amps would be correct. If it is rated higher it is OK as it will only use the amount of cirrent needed. if you have an adaptor rated lower than 2 amp you can just reduce the length of the LED strip by cutting with scissors at the positions marked on the roll.. 1 spare power connector and two ordinary connectors are supplied. when joining two cut lengths togethor or connecting a power cable it is important to connect positive to positive or the second strip will not light up. I bought it just to experiment with and have succesfully cut and rejoined strips using both the connectors and if you have good eyesight and a steady hand can you solder the tiny copper dots together. I am not sure how good the adhesive backing is as I have not tried sticking it to anything.

LE Lampux 12V Flexible LED Strip Lights, LED Tape, Red, 300 Units 3528 LEDs, Non-waterproof, Light Strips, Pack of 5M
Offered by Neon Mart

4.0 out of 5 stars You will need the correct adaptor and how to work it out...., 23 Dec. 2014
Watts= volts x amps so an adaptor of 12 volts and 2 amps would be correct. If it is rated higher it is OK as it will only use the amount of cirrent needed. if you have an adaptor rated lower than 2 amp you can just reduce the length of the LED strip by cutting with scissors at the positions marked on the roll.. 1 spare power connector and two ordinary connectors are supplied. when joining two cut lengths togethor or connecting a power cable it is important to connect positive to positive or the second strip will not light up. I bought it just to experiment with and have succesfully cut and rejoined strips using both the connectors and if you have good eyesight and a steady hand can you solder the tiny copper dots together. The illustration shows a deep red but the LED colour is much more of a red tinted white light when viewed directly. a deeper blue is obtained if the LED's are hidden and you view reflected light from a surface..I am not sure how good the adhesive backing is as I have not tried sticking it to anything.

LE Lampux 12V Flexible LED Strip Lights, LED Tape, Blue, 300 Units 3528 LEDs, Non-waterproof, Light Strips, Pack of 5M
Offered by Neon Mart

4.0 out of 5 stars You need the correct power supply....how to calculate it.., 23 Dec. 2014
Watts= volts x amps so an adaptor of 12 volts and 2 amps would be correct. If it is rated higher it is OK as it will only use the amount of cirrent needed. if you have an adaptor rated lower than 2 amp you can just reduce the length of the LED strip by cutting with scissors at the positions marked on the roll.. 1 spare power connector and two ordinary connectors are supplied. when joining two cut lengths togethor or connecting a power cable it is important to connect positive to positive or the second strip will not light up. I bought it just to experiment with and have succesfully cut and rejoined strips using both the connectors and if you have good eyesight and a steady hand can you solder the tiny copper dots together. The illustration shows a deep blue but the LED colour is much more of a blue tinted white light when viewed directly. a deeper blue is obtained if the LED's are hidden and you view reflected light from a surface..I am not sure how good the adhesive backing is as I have not tried sticking it to anything.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20