Profile for Tellboy > Reviews

(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Omron MIT5 Connect Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron MIT5 Connect Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Blood Pressure Monitor let down by the software functionality..., 1 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Omron MIT5 Connect Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is a quality product which stores and retains readings for two users. I have used similar Omron products and this one seems to be an improvement taking readings with an indicator telling you the Velcro sleeve is correctly fitted.
The very shiny finish is a fingerprint magnet and fairly slippery having dropped it a couple of times.
It would rate 5 stars just as a blood pressure monitor but at present the software seems to be in need of some updates.
The MIT5 Connect enables you to upload your data, via Bluetooth through your smartphone, to OMRON’s Bi-LINK software using IOS or Android.
It was listed that this would also work on an iPad to upload and store your blood pressure readings in the OMRON cloud and gain a good understanding of your health condition over time. Simply use your Bluetooth enabled iOS or Android device (iOS 7 or later or Android 4.3 and above required) to upload data to your online account. Despite creating a Bi-Link Account on a PC and managing to connect using Bluetooth on both an iPad Air 2 and a Nexus 7 I found it impossible to achieve this. On the iPad the App requires you to accept a very lengthy terms and conditions but there was nowhere to click to "accept" so at that point you are locked out. On the Android device a Nexus 7 trying to log in to my online account the on screen keyboard obscures both the user name and password boxes and just typing in blind did not seem to work.,
I am sure that a software update on both Apps will resolve these in the future but as of August 2015 I have not managed to use this feature.

Rio Sonicleanse Pure Facial Cleansing Brush
Rio Sonicleanse Pure Facial Cleansing Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have useful facial cleansing brush, 25 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Rio Sonicleanse Pure Facial Cleansing Brush is an attractive design and of a clover pink colour. It is streamlined yet textured where your fingers grip the device. The instructions are concise yet easy to understand along with diagrams for its use.
This model comes with a USB charger but you can purchase one with a cradle charger if you prefer. The first charging up lasts for two and a half hours when the light flickers, then it stays on when charged and ready for use.
The cleansing brush may be used in the shower or bath but as part of my routine I found it most effective when I wash my face first and rinse, then wash again leaving the soap suds on. After dampening the cleanser I use it as per the instructions. There are two speeds leaving the switch lit up during use. The cleanser is timed for 60 seconds and the instructions indicate the routine to follow. The cleanser has slight interruptions during use to indicate that it is to be moved to the next part of your face.
Having rinsed and dried my face I found that my skin was much cleaner, smoother and tauter. I am very impressed and use it routinely every day. My pores are cleaner than ever too, as I have tried various cleansers and the Sonicleanse is the only thing that has not irritated my skin. My make up does not clog up my skin now!
The outer brush can removed so that you have closer contact with the indentations around the nose area. There are warnings for its safe use and should only be used for its intended purpose. My cleanser has the softer version of brush but you can purchase the stiffer one and replacement brushes when required.
The SONICLEANS PURE is a must have for a woman’s daily cleansing routine!

Tefal IS8360 Instant Control Garment Steamer
Tefal IS8360 Instant Control Garment Steamer

4.0 out of 5 stars The Tefal Steamer is a good time saver device!, 14 July 2015
Tefal IS8360 Upright Clothes Steamer 1700w

Setting up the Tefal clothes steamer was quite straight forward. It is a good weight and sturdy on the floor. The instructions are quite comprehensive though on study realised there was no crease attachment included, which would have been handy.
The Tefal steamer can be adjusted to the height of your choice it has an integrated hanger as well as a hook for using a coat hanger. Getting the appliance ready for use is easy, though I would strongly advise deciding on the use of the brush attachment beforehand as the steam head gets very hot. The water container is easy to fill though you should ensure the screw top is fully tightened before use.
I would also recommend that you practice putting on and removing the steam head before use as it can slip if not put on correctly. The Auto Off safety feature is really good as it stops the steam when you are changing items. I found that there can be a lot of moisture from the steaming in the room and an open window will help to stop it from condensing.
I found the Tefal steamer easy, but can take time getting used to it, when steaming clothing with sleeves. The glove included is a little cumbersome on fiddly items but then it is steam resistant. I used the steamer on various items of clothing and fabrics. When the steamer is on full it is amazing to notice that the steam penetrates through several layers of fabric particularly linen trousers. I also used the steamer to freshening clothes from the wardrobe before wear though I would allow them to air as there is still some moisture remaining in the fabric.
All the attachments for steaming clothes can be removed and the appliance can be moved around with the handle so it can be used for steaming beds to kill house dust mites and bedbugs. I freshened up some of my curtains successfully.
The Tefal Steamer is useful to have set up, ready to go, as I have in my spare room so that I can use it when I wish.

Tefal FV5390 Aquaspeed Steam Iron, 2600 W
Tefal FV5390 Aquaspeed Steam Iron, 2600 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Ironing is almost...but not quite...a pleasure, 12 July 2015
Tefal FV5390 - Aquaspeed Steam Iron 2600W
Ironing is the least pleasant chore in my household so anything that can make it easier and quicker gets my full vote of approval and the Tefal Aquaspeed does it for me.
The Tefal iron has a good length of cable which helps when situating ironing boards into a comfortable position within reach of a mains socket. I like the design and the three way colouring which is, contemporary with fashion. Although not over light to hold, it is sturdy, balanced and comfortable, with its features within easy reach particularly the concentrated shot of steam which lets you iron without looking for the power zone button. It is easy to fill and holds more water than the standard irons.
It has an integrated stand which on first appearance does not look sturdy but I found no problems with it. When packing the iron away I found that the iron incorporated the cable without touching the ultra glide surface. This means the cable can be put away quickly so that it is not in a hazardous position.
I have always been a fan of Tefal irons particularly with the Ultraglide Diffusion Soleplate. It certainly glides over fabrics with ease to make ironing faster and easier. When using the Tefal iron on various fabrics I found the temperature control suited my needs especially on linen fabrics. I found to my amazement that, when ironing trousers I did not need to do the other side as the steam and heat were so effective. Pure cotton fabrics did not need ironing twice and the surface was left smooth.
Yes it is faster and more efficient to iron with than my previous irons and I am delighted with the Tefal iron it has renewed my enthusiasm to do my ironing! There are so many other features which make this product a come and buy me!.

Tefal Prelude Stainless Steel Kettle, 1.7 Litre, 3000 W, Silver
Tefal Prelude Stainless Steel Kettle, 1.7 Litre, 3000 W, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Well designed and efficient fast boiling kettle., 7 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When you unpack the kettle the mains connection lead may seem to be very short and it may be suitable but the length is easily extended by unwinding and extra coil within the base. The kettle sits a little higher on the base mains pick up point than similar kettles and swivels easily. An odd effect due to this is that the kettle when filled to 1 litre and boiled will just rock slightly like a mini earthquake before cutting out.
You might expect the power to cut off a second or two earlier than it does but the water is definitely at boiling point.
The water level can be seen on two sides . often they only have one, and the power switch illuminates when on.
Our sink is shallow and usually difficult to fill a jug kettle under a mixer tap so we tend to fill from a jug of water. This kettle is not as tall as some and with the fully opening lid can be filled normally.
A scale filter is positioned up near the nozzle and is easily removeable.
Shiny, stainless steel kettles are in abundance and this Tefal Prelude 1.7 litre model has a toaster to match.

Braun Silk Epil 5-541 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with Shaver Head
Braun Silk Epil 5-541 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with Shaver Head

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one I have tried..., 5 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Braun Silk Epil 5-541 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator with Shaver Head tested by family member.
Having used epilators before I was dubious about using this model, however I need not have worried.
On opening the package and handling the BRAUN epilator I could tell this was a quality item with a 2 year guarantee. I put it to charge as per the instructions and was pleased to read that it only took one hour to charge up. The light indicator flashes when charging but stays on when fully charged up. The charge lasts for half an hour of use which I found adequate for my use.
I always feel that a diagram of the different parts, with labels, would be useful to prevent careless handling and dismantling of the epilator. I used the epilator on my legs which were dry and the hair was a suitable length. At first I felt it was a little uncomfortable but realised that it would improve with further use. It was easy to use as the button for switching not only lit up the indicator but also showed there were two speeds. I tried both speeds at a right angle to my legs but preferred the slower speed so I knew exactly which parts of my legs were done. Obviously further use and confidence would make use of the quality cutting and the faster speed. After only two weeks my legs are still smooth. The BRAUN epilator says that you get 4 weeks of smooth skin and I can believe it!
I must admit after the first full use I did get a rash and used a dermatological moisturiser and it cleared up overnight. I’m glad that after use there is a stiff brush which cleans off the hairs as some shavers have soft brushes which are of no use. Following a wet use the epilator can also be cleaned under running water.
This model has four extras a shaver head with trimmer, a trimmer cap, a high frequency massage cap and skin contact cap. The epilator is easy to take apart and replacing with another attachment is simple as it clicks together to indicate it is ready for use. I practised the change over of each of the extras so that I became familiar with them so as not to misuse the epilator.
This is a must have for every woman on the go, who needs to guarantee that she has 4 weeks free from using a razor!
I am delighted with the BRAUN Epilator as I can throw away my razors for good!

Kensington SafeGrip Rugged Case for iPad Air 2 - Red
Kensington SafeGrip Rugged Case for iPad Air 2 - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Not an entirely complete solution for protection., 3 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The case is designed for the latest iPad Air 2 and not be suitable for any other model.
Most families seem to buy the latest model of iPad and then pass on the older model to the children.
The case is brightly coloured, lightweight and manufactured from a hard foam rubber with all the connection positions in the correct place and not covering the ambient light sensors in the corners . (these control the screen auto brightness if this is selected) .
The apertures for the switch, headphone and charger are large enough for adult fingers too.
The carrying handle which folds back seems to make a stand for viewing in landscape but this is not very successful. It is very wobbly and just a slight nudge causes it to fall over screen first and land fairly heavily on to the table.
Illustrations showing the swinging carrying handle in use by a child show that the screen the most vulnerable part is still exposed to possible impact damage despite a provided adhesive screen protector.
I would say that for carrying an iPad around the house it is suitable for children but not at all suitable for carrying off to school.

Samsung UE40H5500 40 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 100 Hz TV
Samsung UE40H5500 40 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 100 Hz TV

1.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic TV according to reviews but the one I got would not receive HD UK Channels, 13 Jun. 2015
This order is turning out to be a total nightmare.
This TV has 5 star reviews and many good reviews in magazines.
I place a normal Amazon Order but after ordering found it was being supplied by Firma Onyx-Online GmbH
Bochumer Str. 258 DE-45661 Recklinghausen. On arrival it came with a UK plug adaptor but the only countries in the AutoTune Set Up were Eastern European starting with Bulgaria through to Poland not even Germany was listed and certainly not the United Kingdom.
Tuning by selecting "Others" gave some oddly numbered UK channels which were digital but not HD at all with Channel number 1 as a music channel. Repeated Autotunes failed to give a normal FreeView Terrestial Program Guide at all and no HD.
I expect this particular TV tuner only works in Eastern Europe and should not be sold in the UK. It was imported into Poland from a manufacture in Slovakia. Edited 29th June 2015 ...It was confirmed that it did not have a UK HD Tuner
I am currently having difficulty getting it returned as DHL will not accept the printed return label on my return request and want £58 carriage back to Germany. Edited 29th June 2015 It turned out that Parcel Force are the UK handling agents for DHL Bundespost and I have spent ages building up phone call charges trying to resolve the return. The TV is on its way back to Germany and a refund promised.
I will update this review if I manage to get a UK version and the 1 Star is just a warning to be careful where you place your order.

WD-40 400ml Specialist Motorbike Chain Lube
WD-40 400ml Specialist Motorbike Chain Lube
Offered by ONE SAFE SOURCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Nozzle design seemed a bit odd.., 11 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The viscosity of this WD40 Chain Lubricant is less than a typical 3:1 oil.
The only issue I have with it is that the nozzle is not actually a spray nozzle it just sends a stream of oil. I found it easier to just empty a small quantity into a jar and apply it to the chain of a mountain bike with a paintbrush.
I am not sure if this is by design or a faulty plastic nozzle. An ordinary WD40 nozzle did not fit to enable me to try that.
Some aerosol tins of the normal WD40 come with a plastic straw that fits to the nozzle and I found that this also fits this nozzle making application much easier.
I am also using it on a garden hedge trimmer.

AmazonBasics Everyday Double Fitted Sheet, White
AmazonBasics Everyday Double Fitted Sheet, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made pure cotton sheet..., 31 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The double fitted sheet is a pure white 100% cotton sheet. It is made in Portugal which is renowned for its cotton goods. The sheet feels smooth, of good quality and has an expensive feel to it.

The whole of the perimeter of the sheet is elasticated and sewn beautifully without threads or creases protruding. It looks easy to fit on a standard double bed. However before using new sheets of any kind it is advisable to wash before use. The washing tag recommends up to a 60% wash, which is ideal for hygiene. It is fine in a washing machine but not tumble dried. My experience with pure cotton sheets is they crease as they dry. To make life easier I shake and fold flat to dry before ironing.

If fitting directly onto a deep coloured/patterned mattress I would advise an under sheet or mattress protector so the colour does not taint the pure white sheet.

I am delighted with this product as I do use 100% cotton or cotton percale bedding.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20