Profile for Tellboy > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 432

Tellboy (Manchester)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nero Video Premium 2 (PC)
Nero Video Premium 2 (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nero Video Premium 2 (PC) or Nero Video 2015 some initial installation confusion explained.., 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Nero Video Premium 2 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have a PC with a DVD drive you won't encounter this problem but a lot of modern devices don't come with one now.
I wanted to install Nero Video Premium 2 on an Intel NUC (a small fast desktop unit). An Intel NUC like many laptops and devices does not have a DVD drive.
Most Software I install means I need to go online and download a trial version and use the serial number within the software package.
The Nero.com site did not list Nero Video Premium 2 as a downloadable product.
I went to an old Desktop PC and copied the 1.95GB of installation files to a 8GB memory stick and then started the install from there.
All installation menus from then referred to Nero Video 2015 and not Nero Video Premium 2 at all.
In hindsight I could probably have downloaded the Trial version of Nero Video 2015 and the serial number would then allow the extra features to be added on the first update. This seems to be the way Nero added features in its previous suites of programmes.
As expected after 2 restarts a 226MB update carried out but the start still says "Welcome to Nero Video 2015"
I found all this unnecessarily confusing making an installation without a DVD drive more complicated than necessary.

Although this is a Video Editing Suite the Nero Home will as always want to catalogue every media file including Music and populate the Nero MediaBrowser.
I am using Windows 7 64 Bit but the programme installed as a x86 32 bit emulation mode
Having used Cyberlink Powerdirector for my video editing it seemed difficult finding my way around the help files but there is a free manual as a Nero Video android app.
So far I have found slide show production very easy but any movie editing a bit less intuitive
I don't have a PC with a Blu-ray player but it seems to me that this software needs yet another purchase to upgrade to Platinum.
It seems decidedly odd that you can burn your videos on a Blu-ray disc but need to pay for an upgrade to play them.

White Shower Screen Seal for Folding Doors - 2 metre
White Shower Screen Seal for Folding Doors - 2 metre
Offered by Bargain Buddy

5.0 out of 5 stars I am hopeless at DIY but this was easy.., 13 Mar. 2015
I was going to buya new screen. The fold up 4 panel shower screen looked so complicated to replace but only took a couple of minutes..

Kong Small Squeaker, Pack of 6
Kong Small Squeaker, Pack of 6
Offered by Paradise Pets

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for spoilt dogs...., 13 Mar. 2015
I can almost keep up with my Jack Russell now. He destroys the squeaky toys as I mend them.
I don't know how he ruins the squeaker inside the tough plastic toys
I only need the squeak not the balloon as I cut open the Kong animal toys and weld them up again with a soldering iron.

Dell 470-13630 Adaptor from Mini DisplayPort to VGA Black
Dell 470-13630 Adaptor from Mini DisplayPort to VGA Black
Offered by PC 247

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont go for cheap options...., 13 Mar. 2015
You can find similar descriptions of this adaptor for about £4 with reviews from 1 star to 5 star. The 1 star review all claiming they did not work or they stopped working. When using an adaptor you want it to work 100%. I nearly discarded a monitor that I thought was faulty using a cheap DVDI to VGA adaptor . This Dell product was bought because I have always had confidence in Dell products.
It is being used to connect an Intel NUC to a ATEN KVMP switch setup. KVM switches can be notoriously fickle when changing over between different PC's but at least I know this time the Adaptor is not at fault.

3 Key Turner Aid in Red
3 Key Turner Aid in Red
Offered by Lifeswonderful - Comfort Mobility Wellbeing

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good for just one key..., 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: 3 Key Turner Aid in Red
If you only have one key on it is difficult to use as the key is too loose even though fully tightened. I packed out the other two spaces with thick washers and it was then easier to locate in the door lock. There is a hole to hang it up by but this needed a plastic tie in it to fit on the door key hooks.

Scotch Easy Tear Clear Tape 19mm x 33m, tower of 8 rolls
Scotch Easy Tear Clear Tape 19mm x 33m, tower of 8 rolls

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt Easy Tear for me.., 13 Mar. 2015
I thought this was Magic Tape when I ordered it but that was my fault.
What I don't find is the "Easy Tear"...it doesn't seem like it to me.
Still need a pair of scissors..

Flexi Vario Cord, Small, 8m, Anthracite for dogs up to 12kg
Flexi Vario Cord, Small, 8m, Anthracite for dogs up to 12kg

5.0 out of 5 stars The detachable end fitting is just what I needed., 13 Mar. 2015
Our Jack Russell regards it as a game for the first few minutes of any walk to attack the lead resulting in the nylon webbing near the hook being finally detached. He has even bitten through the cord in one bite which then retracts inside and they are not able to be dismantled to repair them.
It was getting expensive on retractable do leads and the ones from Poundland were not good enough.
This one now has a first line of defence as the piece he destroys first can be interchanged. I also bought the elasticated end fitting which he seems to accept more and is more comfortable on both of us in the first couple of minutes. Oddly he walks perfectly on a lead once we have gone through this pantomime routine and even advice from dog trainers have failed to cure.

Oral B Vitality Plus Floss Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral B Vitality Plus Floss Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly smaller and simplified rechargeable toothbrush by Braun., 13 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This rechargeable electric toothbrush in the Braun Oral-B Range is in this model more compact than other models in the range. Although it uses the same charging device as previous models the brush itself has no lights to indicate that it needs charging in use or that it is charging or fully charged.. It will give about 20 minutes from fully charged or about 5 days use.
The absence of lights does not matter too much to me as I am happy to use it until it fades to a stop.
The Floss Action in the description is due to the design of the head which is a bit more elaborate than the normal head but any of the alternative heads can be fitted.
As with other models you are encouraged to spend 2 minutes and a tactile feedback is given when this has elapsed by the motor action changing.
Two minutes cleaning your teeth does seem longer than you think is necessary but not your Dentist.
A small pause in switching off does not seem to reset the two minutes enabling you to reposition the brush and carry on with the timer. .
Oddly the on/off rubber button has also been repositioned slightly lower than any other Braun model and not quite under your thumb when held naturally.
The claim that the MicroPulse bristles will clean between teeth will probably not be good enough for my Dentist who will still want micro brushes and dental floss used

AmazonBasics Dog Waste Bags with Dispenser and Leash Clip - Pack of 300
AmazonBasics Dog Waste Bags with Dispenser and Leash Clip - Pack of 300

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Dog Waste Bags..dispenser a bit awkward, 8 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The dispenser is very easy and simple to load when following the instructions which are in 6 languages with the appropriate diagrams. The bags each have a written warning regarding the safe use of them to avoid suffocation. The open end of the bags, are labelled for speed of opening. So far so good!
To clip the dispenser with the leash clip onto to the lead is more difficult as it was stiff and awkward. However with a bit of strength it was managed. Putting the unit to use was cumbersome as to pull one bag out and tear on the perforations wasn’t easy as you need both hands to tear off, while holding the lead. I have found it easier not to use the dispenser. Perhaps it will suit someone who has a dog that waits while you are preparing the bag our dog is far too impatient are ready to go immediately.
Thank goodness the bags are black so the contents cannot be seen. The bags are quite large and when the dog waste is in they are difficult to tie up quickly. They may have been easier with handles as part of the bag.
They are basic black dog waste bags just as described and they serve their purpose.

Mr. Beams MB371 Remote Controlled Battery-Powered Motion-Sensing LED Outdoor Security Spotlight

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly waterproof battery powered bright light you can use anywhere, 28 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The container came with the LED spotlight, instructions for assembly, remote control with bracket and screws with rawl plugs. The instructions come with brief guidance regarding the correct use of batteries. The diagrams easily explain the assembly of the LED spotlight with different instructions for the remote control.
We are really impressed with this LED spotlight as not only is it for outdoor use and waterproof but can be used indoors. It is very robust and quite heavy with the batteries inside which, are not included. The assembly was straight forward and once the remote control was mastered to our needs we were very happy with it.
The spotlight has several settings that can be accessed with the remote control. Our favourite setting is the motion sensor, as we have decided to place the spotlight in our dark hall. The light switch for our hall is some distance away from the living room and difficult to see. The spotlight, we found, is ideal for us when it lights up as we pass it on the way to the light switch.
Within the package was a leaflet which advertises different lights with various uses one of which we are considering buying. It explains the lights are battery powered, easy to install 20 year LED life, energy efficient with auto cut off. For the technical minded this model of spotlight 140 lumens bright with a range of 400 square feet or 37 square metres
. What more do you want!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20