Profile for Tellboy > Reviews

Content by Tellboy
Top Reviewer Ranking: 455

Tellboy (Manchester)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
High Speed - SD / SDHC Memory Card Reader Writer for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras - Supports both Windows & Mac - Backward USB Compatible - AAA products - 12 Month Warranty
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery and works fine., 22 Nov 2014
The most difficult thing is getting the cap off before you can use it. I have previously tried two other types of SD readers which look similar and also are still listed at the same sort of price. Both these failed after a few months and at the price not worth making a fuss over.I thought I would try this one and notice it has a 12 month warranty. Delivery was free and arrived the next day. It works OK.

MOFRED® Black & Tan Apple iPad Air (2013-2014 Version) Leather Case-MOFRED®- Executive Multi Function Leather Standby Case for Apple New iPad Air with Built-in magnet for Sleep & Awake Feature -- Independently Recommended by "The Daily Telegraph" as #1 iPad Air Case!
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price and better than others costing more., 22 Nov 2014
The latest iPad Air 2 is a bit loose in the case although I ordered the correct one. This means that sometimes the magnetic sleep on the cover does not always align and the screen was still on. It is obviously not a high quality product at a price of about £15 but better than others I have considered at twice the cost.
The matt finish is showing finger marks but overall it is a good protective iPad Air 2 case.
I find it odd that the cases which are different sizes are all under one listing and although I have the iPad Air 2 the review is headed for the earlier 2013 model. It appeared that I had ordered the wrong one initially.
It would be less confusing to list each iPad model separately.

Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
Offered by ENTITY-Trade Park

1.0 out of 5 stars Two faulty ones, 22 Nov 2014
I thought I was just unlucky when one stopped working after the second one died after a few months too I thought it was not worth trying again.

Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - 1 year - 3 users (PC)
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - 1 year - 3 users (PC)
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars My experience so far is almost entirely good..., 14 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Reviews of Anti-virus products or the more expensive total protection products such as this seem to get extremes of scores from 1 star to 5 star where perhaps the installation has caused total chaos and apparently reduced the PC to a crawl or on the other hand saved the PC from a possible disaster from malware or a rootkit attack.
I tend to believe reviews carried out in laboratory conditions by independent magazines such as PC Pro or PC Magazine who have said that Bitdefender is regarded as one of the best technical Windows internet security suites and this version Total Security 2015 lives up to that reputation.
I have installed it on a desktop PC running Windows 8.1 having disabled the Microsoft Defender product and found the installation straightforward with some disappointment that their own adware pop ups appeared within minutes. I hope this does not continue as it seems that every piece of software installed lately tries to import toolbars and applications you have not asked for. Apart from this the browser iseems to be as usual with no added buttons or toolbars or visible presence until an untrusted site is accessed and then sand boxed for protection if you proceed.
I have noticed no reduction in performance and I do like the default auto pilot protection setting. There are a number of features I would not want to use until I have researched them a bit more such as auto completion of credit card transactions and internet banking protection.
It is also worth looking around at pricing as even Bitdefender itself give a 50% discount price to trial users if you download and install the 30 day trial edition of this software and then buy it from their own link.
I have more than 3 PC's and add a word of warning regarding software licenses. When I Installed the very similar McAfee Product almost a year ago I found that 1PC that was dual booting into either Windows 7 or Windows 8 used up two licences. This fact was not known by their Sales Team but confirmed by their Technical Support. I will be asking the same question with this software but expect it to be the same.
The only time I had problems with Betdefender software was when I installed a trial version Internet Security 2015 removed it because I realised I had an unused licence on the 2013 version which I installed and my PC went into a loop of trying to repair the installation but never did. I had to do a system image restore and lost a lot of current data. Do not try that.
I have a reply regarding the licensing for a PC so it is different to McAfee.
We would like to inform that you in the case of dual boot you need only one Bitdefender license key.

CLIX Remote Dog Trainer
CLIX Remote Dog Trainer

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work so far..., 6 Nov 2014
This review is from: CLIX Remote Dog Trainer (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a Jack Russell that came to us age 5 and although we have had him for 3 years he is perfectly well behaved except for the first 5 minutes he has an extender lead clipped on. he regards this as just a game of tug of war. All dog trainer tricks have been tried and work for a day or two but every day we start with a battle.
Day 2 using this device which is not an electric shock but either a vibration or a high pitch sound is working along with a command "leave". I do hope I can say the same in a couple of weeks so I will update this review.
The collar is really a bit too large for a small dog and a considerable length of the strap can be cut off and he does not seem bothered about carrying around the box which is a fairly large on a small dog.
Anyway so far..so good..I do hope it works
Update 13th November. Despite the advice to reinforce the vibration with a command he is ignoring it more and more and attacking the extender lead but it is still working slightly better than our usual contest of tug of war on the doorstop. The high pitched sound alternative just makes him jump to one side looking frightened so not used now.

Vax Air Base U88-AM-Be Upright Vacuum
Vax Air Base U88-AM-Be Upright Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this Vax model Air 3 once I got used to the swivel, 31 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was unfamiliar with this swivel type of floor cleaner and chose to read through the instructions first. The machine overview was extremely helpful in that it showed the front and rear with component parts pictured and labelled. There are also very clear instructions and diagrams for the use of the VAX Air 3 on how to keep it functioning correctly. There is a six year guarantee which impressed me.
All relevant parts such as levers, functions and switches are coloured orange. As well as being shown in the instruction booklet the machine has printed labels on it. This is excellent as you don’t get this kind of detail on other appliances.
Upon switching on the VAX Air 3 for the first time I found it to be quiet, much lighter than my own machine and easy to move on the floor. I must admit that its manoeuvrability was my main concern. I soon got the hang of it by reclining the machine and turning the handle to the right, the machine moved to the right and so on.
The cyclonic suction was very good and the rotating brush has stiff bristles, which even picks up animal hair. I was very impressed! The VAX Air 3 cleans the carpets under the radiators much better than my other manufacturers machine. I particularly liked the upholstery tool which easily fitted into awkward areas as well as taking animal hair off cushions.
Like all new appliances you have to become more familiar with it as you use it. I found it very easy to detach and empty the dirt container. There is a clear guide which indicates when and how to do this and when to clean the filter.
The VAX Air 3 is more robust than I first thought, as the swivelling part felt decidely strange at first. I will need an additional 2.3 metre stretch hose in order to reach to the top of my flight of stairs. Additional tools can be bought separately.
I really like the VAX Air 3 and I know I will enjoy using it too. I do not hesitate to recommend the VAX Air 3 highly.

Labgear LPCT Compact Log Periodic Aerial - 4G
Labgear LPCT Compact Log Periodic Aerial - 4G

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure a Log Periodic is OK for your area of TV reception, 30 Oct 2014
Check your postcode and transmitter info online and it will tell you the type of aerial you need.
Google for the Wolfbane Coverage Predictor
I thought a loft aerial would need a high gain aerial and after a frustrating weekend getting no signal and a reading of signal strength of about 10% on the TV. I did not realise that too much gain would saturate and actually give no signal and thought the high tech aerial was faulty. As I live in a strong signal area a log periodic aerial such as this was what I actually needed. Even just holding this tiny cheap aerial near the TV gives 100% signal strength and quality so was the answer in my case but may not be where you live. That is why aerial reviews go from 1 star to 5 star I expect. One thing to be careful with is to only connect the F connector finger tight or only connect it once. if the connector on the aerial is allowed to unscrew from the locknut I think the internal connections break off and result in no signal.

Kenley 42 Element TV Aerial Full Kit - for Digital HD Freeview 4G LTE - High Gain 16.5db
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

3.0 out of 5 stars In my case the signal strength was too much, 30 Oct 2014
Google for Wolfbane Signal Predictor and enter your location.
I thought a loft aerial would need this high gain aerial and after a frustrating weekend getting no signal and a reading of signal strength of about 10% on the TV. I did not realise that too much gain would saturate and actually give no signal and thought this high tech aerial was faulty. I actually got 100% when I just used the dipole with the F type connector without all the rest of the aerial array connected at all which seemed odd.
As I live in a strong signal area a log periodic aerial was what I actually needed. Even just holding a tiny cheap outdoor aerial of this design from Screwfix near the TV gives 100% signal strength and quality so was the answer in my case but may not be where you live. That is why aerial reviews go from 1 star to 5 stars I expect. You need the correct one. I hope this helps if you get no signal you may have the same problem.

Labgear LABLPC 400mm 9dB Compact Log Periodic 20 Element Aerial Attenuators
Labgear LABLPC 400mm 9dB Compact Log Periodic 20 Element Aerial Attenuators
Offered by Teckstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Check your postcode and transmitter info on an internet transmitter site., 30 Oct 2014
Google for the Wolfbane Coverage Predictor

August DTB110-IEC - Freeview TV Signal Booster - Amplifier for Television Aerial Reception

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes it does work.., 29 Oct 2014
This gadget does work according to the signal strength meter on the Panasonic tuning menu in setup.
Some reviewers were not sure but the percentage increase in signal strength and signal quality does register.
I was trying to get a better signal on a bedroom portable TV with a portable aerial and it is now not perfect but much better.
My TV has a USB port so no need to have a power plug.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20