Profile for Tellboy > Reviews

Content by Tellboy
Top Reviewer Ranking: 527

Tellboy (Manchester)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kong SQUEEZZ JELS FROG Squeaky Bouncy Play + Fetch Dog Toy Large (PSJ12)
Kong SQUEEZZ JELS FROG Squeaky Bouncy Play + Fetch Dog Toy Large (PSJ12)
Offered by Pet Supply Company USA
Price: 5.91

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is Jack Russell proof......almost, 19 Mar 2014
My Jack Russell has been trying since Christmas 2013 to destroy the squeak in this toy.
Most latex toys last 3 or 4 minutes.
Other Kong toys have lasted a couple of days but this one seems to have survived every day until today 19th March 2014.
I have always managed to repair them with a soldering iron and re-welding the seams but once that has happened they don't last much longer.
I will order a couple more identical colour of this frog version to maintain the illusion that I can always get it squeaking again for him.

Geemarc CL100 Loud Big Button Corded Telephone- UK Version
Geemarc CL100 Loud Big Button Corded Telephone- UK Version
Price: 33.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes it both rings loudly and really amplifies the speech, 16 Mar 2014
A number of "hard of hearing" phones just ring loudly but this one bought for an elderly person does both.
To ring loudly you add batteries which are not supplied. I have all the controls set to maximum as the person it was bought for has the TV volume set to 95% even with hearing aids and she can even manage to use this phone with that going as well.
I couldn't get a dial tone as I did not realise that the handset did not have the lead connected and this was still in the box.
I was just picking up the handset minus the cable.
The addition of all the quickdial buttons which are for once easily set up was a bonus.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2014 10:40 AM BST

Intel BOXD54250WYK3 - D54250WYK Next Unit of Computing (NUC) Kit Core i5 (4250U) 1.3GHz Gigabit LAN (HD Graphics 5000) with Type G Power Cord
Offered by maXeedo - Our products are imported from Germany - continental power plug - german keyboard-stil (QWERTZ)
Price: 296.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Set up was not easy but now OK, 11 Mar 2014
It is not easy to set up unless you know some limitations.
The intel msata wireless and bluetooth card on the recommended list is very quick to drop both the wireless and bluetooth connections so you are constantly pairing up. Setting up via the Ethernet connection was easier.
You may find that you see no BIOS on start up. This is because a minimum resolution of TV or monitor is needed even to display the BIOS.
I have had no success dual booting Windows 7 and 8 on different drives but succeeded by partitioning the mSata drive.
It does not work on my ATEN KVMP switch. When you shutdown using it You just get Windows starting again.
A problem is known where connecting a USB device such as an external drive causes no display. You need to uncheck the USB box in the BIOS once you have set up your OS on a USB key or remember to disconnect external devices. Keyboard and mouse are OK on USB.
Apart from that it is fairly silent in use.
I used 64Bit Windows and 8 Gb Ram and 240Gb Crucial msata drive with an old laptop drive on the Sata 2 connection.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Set up was not without problems but now OK, 11 Mar 2014
I have the H version but all the same components which was about the same price at time of purchase.
It is not easy to set up unless you know some limitations.
I have had no success dual booting Windows 7 and 8 on different drives on the H device but succeeded by partitioning the mSata drive.
Apart from that it is fairly silent in use.

Intel BOXD54250WYK3 NUC Ultra Compact Barebone PC (Intel Core i5 4250U, 1x mSATA, 2x SO-DIMM DDR3, USB 3.0, Mini HDMI, Mini Display Port)
Price: 270.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too easy to set up but now OK, 11 Mar 2014
It is not easy to set up unless you know some limitations.
I have had no success dual booting Windows 7 and 8 on different drives on the H version of this model but succeeded by partitioning the mSata drive.
Apart from that it is fairly silent in use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2014 4:11 PM GMT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Set up was not easy but now working OK., 11 Mar 2014
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 9:47 AM BST

A Short Book About Drawing
A Short Book About Drawing
by Andrew Marr
Price: 10.50

4.0 out of 5 stars I realised that this book was something special as soon as I picked it up......, 27 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A Short Book about Drawing
By Andrew Marr

I realised that this book was something special as soon as I picked it up. It is tactile with the texture of fabric and before I opened it I knew it would fulfil my expectations.

Andrew Marr obviously used his drawing skills from an early age to express his feelings and to depict what he saw. His recovery from a massive stroke was tempered with the fact that he did not lose his skills of drawing and painting but that he used it as a form of healing, therapy and at times dealing with loneliness when away from home.

Andrew associates happiness with his drawing and painting shown in the way he writes about his work, often linking to historical, philosophical ideals and influences by other artists.

This is a book worth reading as it shows the personal side of a man who is clever but humble.

Synology DS214Play DiskStation 2 Bay Desktop NAS
Synology DS214Play DiskStation 2 Bay Desktop NAS
Price: 277.00

4.0 out of 5 stars You feel very much on your own after initial setup., 26 Feb 2014
A quality product and no documentation except a single sheet quick start leaflet of how to connect the mains and insert the disks.
Ensure that disks you have or are about to buy are on the compatibility list on the synology.com web site.
Once putting in the link on the leaflet into your internet browser it starts as a setup wizard that anyone can follow. I opted for the Synology Hybrid Raid on 2 WD 1TB Green HDD which gives 1 TB storage.
It all seemed so easy and trouble free as it configured itself in 10 minutes and then did some data scrubbing and parity checking in the background allowing the NAS to be used. Remember the password, the IP and the quick connect ID as you are going to be inputting this at every other click for the remaining set up.
I was then at a total loss at what to do and I used to work in IT. Even then things to do with Servers were left to people like Richmond in the IT Crowd.. Nothing seems to show as an application to start using it and every thing I opened in the Control panel asked me to set up something else first with abbreviations I had never heard of.
Nothing showed up in Windows Explorer except DiskStation which just jumped back to where I had been and requesting passwords again.
Once I realised after the initial setup you need to go back to the Synology site and input your model number and download the Mac, Linux or Windows applications to have at least something on the PC desktop like Synology Cloud Station and Folders you can see in Explorer I was on the way but it took a long frustrating way of finding out.
If you find that the power on/off settings which are set in Control Panel Hardware don't seem to work at the right time like mine you need to go to a different icon for regional settings and set it to GMT
I wish it had been easier as the product itself seems to be in a completely different league to the simple WD MyBookLive I had been using which became bricked like many others.

Update 7/3/2014. It took a good couple of days getting it configured and a note of caution to anyone wanting to hand over control of their iTunes Library to the Synology Software App called iTunes Server.
I wasn't exactly sure what was happening when I installed it but after getting it to go ahead and configure after a long period doing something it just greyed out and locked up.
I decided to abandon this and deleted all the music it had tried to copy across before locking up. I normally run Windows for my work stuff and leave the iMac for my Media. A couple of days later I switched on the Mac and my Library was empty of all 35 GB of CD's I had done over the winter put in the library and then given away to the Charity Shop. In a panic I went into Time Machine on the Mac and back a week and my iTunes library was there but after selecting restore a few times it didn't come back.
After hours of fiddling around I found that the music was there all the time but the Synology iTunes Server App had shifted the location in Finder from "Music" to a sub heading in "User" and my Mac Library had lost the location. Dragging the Music folder back to the Root and instantly the Library appeared again and panic over. Hope this info is a help to someone who has the same thing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2014 2:33 PM GMT

Bosch PRR 250 ES Removing Roller
Bosch PRR 250 ES Removing Roller
Price: 88.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool but the attachments are expensive, 25 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Bosch PRR 250 ES is larger than I imagined from the photographs. I was expecting something the size of the electric screwdriver range but it is about twice the size and just mains operated. I found it initially very difficult to press the release button to change the various fittings but after a few changes this seemed to become easier. It is important to unplug and engage the switch to lock the rotation as this makes it much easier. Fitting the sanding roller on to the rubber driving fitment would only be possible with the switch locked as it is a very tight fit. Only three attachments are provided within the cavernous carrying case and you will find they don't last very long before needing replacement. This is when you will find that the initial purchase price plus buying the replacement fittings is going to be an expensive business if doing a large project.
If the fittings were cheaper this would be a 5 star review.
It is a pleasure to use with the fan blown dust being ejected forwards as you work and the option to attach a vacuum cleaner. I hope the price of the most used roller comes down as the pack of 3 comes in three grades of grit and it is probably only 1 grade you need to replace at a time. As of February 2014 these cost 10 for the mixed pack.

WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage - NAS
WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage - NAS
Price: 101.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Same old problems., 24 Feb 2014
I ordered this and then read the reviews. I should have read them first of course. I had a Mybooklive which is the previous NAS model. All the problems I had with that are still happening on this model. Unable to access the dashboard to set it up for remote access no matter what you do. It finally became bricked and at least I was able to retrieve the drive and install it in a USB caddy. I notified Amazon and returned it unopened only losing the return postage. I will buy a proper NAS with drives you can access when things go wrong.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2014 10:25 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20