Profile for Tellboy > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 413

Tellboy (Manchester)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mr. Beams MB371 Remote Controlled Battery-Powered Motion-Sensing LED Outdoor Security Spotlight

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly waterproof battery powered bright light you can use anywhere, 28 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The container came with the LED spotlight, instructions for assembly, remote control with bracket and screws with rawl plugs. The instructions come with brief guidance regarding the correct use of batteries. The diagrams easily explain the assembly of the LED spotlight with different instructions for the remote control.
We are really impressed with this LED spotlight as not only is it for outdoor use and waterproof but can be used indoors. It is very robust and quite heavy with the batteries inside which, are not included. The assembly was straight forward and once the remote control was mastered to our needs we were very happy with it.
The spotlight has several settings that can be accessed with the remote control. Our favourite setting is the motion sensor, as we have decided to place the spotlight in our dark hall. The light switch for our hall is some distance away from the living room and difficult to see. The spotlight, we found, is ideal for us when it lights up as we pass it on the way to the light switch.
Within the package was a leaflet which advertises different lights with various uses one of which we are considering buying. It explains the lights are battery powered, easy to install 20 year LED life, energy efficient with auto cut off. For the technical minded this model of spotlight 140 lumens bright with a range of 400 square feet or 37 square metres
. What more do you want!

Igenix IG2070 Manual Microwave 700 W - 20 L, White
Igenix IG2070 Manual Microwave 700 W - 20 L, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I thought but it does an excellent job, 27 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I knew the size specifications on ordering the microwave and had some concerns such as; would my usual plates fit in it, whether it was robust for daily use and whether the turntable dimensions were adequate.
On opening I read the instructions and the warnings were quite clear on the use of the microwave with differing foods and liquids and its maintenance. The assembly was simple and the microwave was ready for use.
The operating instructions were clear and appropriate with good simple diagrams. The mechanical timer is basic but adequate. There is also a troubleshooting page and best of all a convenient 01’ telephone number and a UK address so you can deal with the company directly which is what they advise.
The MAFF rating on my new microwave was very handy when microwaving frozen and fresh products, as my old machine did not have one because it is so old, in fact over 30 years old.
My usual plates fitted just within the turntable as did my microwavable cover which I am pleased with. On its first use I noticed that the turntable was a little jerky which concerned me, as the food may not be heated properly. However this was not the case. The food was hot but my soup had to be stirred as the centre was not heated fully. I noticed the door was quite stiff to open and close and caused the whole unit to move on my surface due to its light weight. . Not suitable for a slippy, shiny surface
As the microwave is at the lower range of cost, it is of value to some people; its size for a compact kitchen, mechanical timer for older people who are not digitally savvy and its economical price.

Belkin Slim Style Cover for iPad Air 2 - Black/Grey
Belkin Slim Style Cover for iPad Air 2 - Black/Grey
Offered by save4shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for the iPad Air 2 latest model if you want to use the Auto-Brightness Functionality, 18 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The iPad Air 2 has Ambient Light Sensors (ALS) in a different position to the previous iPad Air model.
There are 2 sensors and these are located 5 mm in from the edge and 15.7/ 14.4 mm from the top and bottom edge on the left hand side in Landscape view.
This means that the rubber corners retaining the case are completely covering the sensors and when the iPad Air 2 is set to Automatic Brightness the screen can not respond to the sensors and the brightness gradually goes down as though it is being used in a room with no lighting.
The information specifying where apertures should be positioned is contained in the Apple.Com - Case Design Guidelines for Apple Devices.
I have contacted Belkin UK Support advising them of this design information but to date no response
The Automatic Screen Brightness feature makes this case unsuitable by design for any iPad Air 2 model.
The previous iPad Air is a single sensor in the centre next to the front camera and not compromised.
I use my iPad Air 2 in brightly lit rooms, normal living room and very often in darkness so find the Auto -Brightness set to ON in control in Settings - Display and Brightness essential..
If you don't want to use this feature and set Auto-Brightness OFF or have an original iPad Air then I would agree with some of the positive reviews I have read and agree the magnetic catch is not strong enough to reliably hold the cover in place every time it is closed to activate the sleep function.
Sometimes it switches off the screen sometimes it doesn't.
I wont be using it on the latest iPad Air 2 model.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2015 3:09 PM GMT

Belkin Chambray Cover for iPad Air 2 - Black/Grey
Belkin Chambray Cover for iPad Air 2 - Black/Grey
Offered by save4shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for the iPad Air 2 latest model if you want to use the Auto-Brightness Functionality, 18 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sometimes it switches off the screen sometimes it doesn't.
I wont be using it on the latest iPad Air 2 model.

AmazonBasics Portable External Battery Charger 2,000 mAh (Ultra Slim)
AmazonBasics Portable External Battery Charger 2,000 mAh (Ultra Slim)

4.0 out of 5 stars The 2000 mAh model is more a top up device than a full external charger, 14 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Amazon reviews for this item are a bit confusing as all models of the AmazonBasics Portable Power Bank are listed.
This review is only for the 2000 mAh model so called "Credit Card" size although it is actually about 15% larger and thicker of course.
It seems you need to decide whether the convenient size is the most important aspect or whether you may be better off with a larger capacity.
I have found that once fully charged it managed to boost a Nokia 808 Pureview Smartphone from 34% to 100% in 25 minutes with still some charge left. The charge capacity in the sales brochure does indicate that it is more of a top up device as even an iPhone would not be charged from 0% to 100% in one go.
The 5v 1.0A rated output on the 2000 mAh model is intended for smaller devices and restricted to a micro usb connector unless an adaptor is purchased such as a lightning to micro usb on the later iPhones.
Although this the smallest model is not intended for use on larger tablets I found that a full charge would boost the battery on a Nexus 7 2013 which has micro usb connection by about 25% in half an hour.
Charging the External Power Supply once discharged until the red light stops flashing takes more than an hour using an AC adaptor rated at 5V 1.3 Amp.
The 5600 mAh model may be more useful with a 2.4 Amp output , not much more expensive but physically larger.

TensCare Perfect Tens
TensCare Perfect Tens

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with the results I have had so far.., 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
PerfectTENS is for relief of muscle and arthritic pain.
This unit is for drug free pain relief. The package has reasons on the back for why you may want to try it and includes everything you need to start treatment.
The instructions specify that they should be read carefully. They are comprehensive giving out the dos and don’ts which are vital for safety reasons, particularly if you are pregnant, have a pacemaker and undiagnosed pain.
The instruction booklet contains diagrams and pictorial representations to help you assemble the unit and the care of it. It is guaranteed for 2 years. The illustration I found very helpful was the one that showed the placements of the sticky pads for the most effective treatment so that you do not place them incorrectly.
Other instructions explain how the PerfectTENS works and that through its use of gentle stimulation endorphins are released, which are the body's natural painkiller. Having had acupuncture I can say that the unit achieves similar effects without visiting a practitioner. There are two pages of cautions and warnings which must be heeded to avoid incorrect use.
There is a chart and guide that explains the different settings and what they are recommended for. If you have not used a tens machine before then it states to start at the lower setting A. Other settings go up to H and M for manual. The controls are fully explained as you need the right treatment for maximum effect for yourself as the memory can be programmed and saved for future use.
Using the PerfectTENS you are free to move around as the unit can be clipped onto a belt or trousers. To avoid accidental pressing of functions it has a programme lock illustrated on the screen. The sticky pads have a connecter to the unit with wires you can use two or four of them depending on need. Using two pads the wires need to connect to channel one or two, not both.
Some of the treatments do not require anyone to assist you and I found it easy to set these up for example, my wrist and knee. Assistance is definitely needed for the correct placing of pads for shoulder and back pain. As you get used to the treatment you can adjust the strength of the pulses to suit. I got relief even though I have arthritic pain. I am very pleased with the results I have had so far.

Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp
Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars A compact easy to use infrared lamp for treatment to a small area., 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I have lower back pain due to degenerative arthritis I am familiar with anti inflammatory medication, topical creams and already know that heat or a warm summer day always helps.
One of the reported benefits of infrared heat is that it helps to relieve pain better than the more topical, less absorbent heat that we sometimes try like the heat that comes from a hot water bottle or those microwaved bean devices.
Because the method is much more direct and efficient, it is thought to be a superior pain relief method to just using conventional heat.
I have tried this lamp for almost a week just once a day for the recommended 15 minutes at a distance of 30cm with the lamp being light and portable enough to rest at the correct height on a settee while I watch TV.
As the condition comes and goes without explanation I can't be absolutely sure it is just the lamp giving me pain relief but It is looking promising.
The lamp is simple to use, just plug in and press a button and being a Philips product has a good set of instructions

AATU 80/20 Chicken Dog Food, 1.5 Kg
AATU 80/20 Chicken Dog Food, 1.5 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars A High Quality food which is well received by our Jack Russell., 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At first the packaging may seem confusing due to the illustration. I thought it was food for Chickens not dogs.
A very neat velcro type fastener keeps it sealed.
This 1.5 kg bag of AATU 80/20 Chicken is quite expensive compared to our Jack Russells's normal Bakers Dry Biscuits at 15% but you seem to be getting much better quality ingredients
AATU 80/20 Chicken contains 80% high grade chicken ( it says 50% fresh and 30% dried) and there is also a combination of 8 Vegetables, Fruit, Herbs & Spices. The size of the shapes is fairly small.
When you read the packaging on most dog foods you realise that there is not very much meat in most of them..
We have generally fed our dog with a small amount of tinned dog meat and then additional biscuits but this seems to be a better idea.
He doesn't leave any and we are careful to feed the correct amount for a 7Kg dog on instruction from the Vet and this can be worked out from the packaging.

Tacwise 18G 50mm Brad Electric Nail Gun
Tacwise 18G 50mm Brad Electric Nail Gun

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Heavy Duty Nail Gun for DIY, 19 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Tacwise 18G fires nails of 18SWG (Standard Wire Gauge) which are 1.2mm diameter and varying lengths to suit the job.
I tried the 35mm and 15 mm length nails. The first thing to note is that for precision you need to press the trigger and at the same time apply some weight with the other hand on the body of the nailer as any slight recoil will mean that the nail is not flush with the surface and you would then need a hammer to finish off
At a weight of 2.5Kg two hands are certainly easier in any event to position it. Loading the nails is the easiest I have experienced on a power nail gun. A safety feature in the head means that nails will only fire once it is depressed on the work surface which was reassuring having once accidentally fired a cable tack into the back of my finger. A hard rubber nose is fitted to prevent surface damage on the wood and a belt hook is built in. I have not tied the 50 mm nails but the sizes I tried fired into hardwood show how powerful the machine is. A heavy duty carrying case completes the outfit.

Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment
Flick Spot-on Flea Treatment

5.0 out of 5 stars The active ingredient is Fipronil which I know from past experience works on our dog..., 17 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When the parcel arrived, it was very large and double wrapped, but having considered the contents I realised the product contained chemicals and also included alcohol and therefore was probably a requirement and justified. The product was slightly less expensive than the usual treatment I use which is prescribed by the Vet though it does contain the same active ingredients. However my normal product also states that it ‘kills biting lice’ which Flick doesn’t.
My dog has regular treatment as we live in a semi rural area which is also farmed. He was due for treatment when we got Flick and before treatment I read the enclosed leaflet. This was vital, as there were warnings about its use around other animals, children, dogs that slept with owners and how to administer the solution.
The sachet and pipette are packaged in such a way so as to avoid accidental misuse..
Unfortunately the Flick pack did not contain coloured stickers to put on calendars to remind owners when to treat with Flick in the future. Personally I think continuous treatment is important with fleas and ticks as their life cycle is difficult to break and they continue both on the dog and within the house.
I found the sachet containing the pipette a little difficult to tear back, but the instructions prompted the use of scissors which was good. The pipette was fine to open and my dog, being used to treatment, was comfortable with my administering the solution. The see through pipette clearly showed me when it was completely empty which is useful for the correct dosage. He always gets a treat afterwards! I found it easy to use.
As my dog has had continuing treatment, with another product, it will be difficult to gauge Flick’s effectiveness immediately and only time will tell. Here’s hoping I don’t spot any fleas or ticks in the 3 month supply period.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20