Profile for Tellboy > Reviews

Content by Tellboy
Top Reviewer Ranking: 512

Tellboy (Manchester)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Aten CS1732B 2-Port USB 2.0 KVMP Switch with OSD
Aten CS1732B 2-Port USB 2.0 KVMP Switch with OSD
Price: 74.00

3.0 out of 5 stars First Check your Graphics Card outputs to avoid a nightmare setup, 17 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Make sure you aware that this device, The Aten CS1732B 2 Port KVM switch has VGA (analogue) connections.
My Desktop PC's both have ATI Radeon HD3800 Display Adaptors (Graphics Cards) with dual white output DVI connections not the blue VGA you see on older computers.
I did not realise that and then had to go out and buy two DVI to VGA adaptors.
This is not as easy it as might appear as there are about 4 types and I had bought the wrong ones.
A DVI-D adaptor did not work on my Monitor and eventually ended up buying another 2 DVI-A adaptors. These did work but of course the expensive digital monitor reports it is now running as an analogue monitor.
I now realise that other KVM switches do come with DVI cabling and connections and would have been less hassle and the monitor would then autorun in digital as designed.
I think this equipment must be a fairly old design as another cable supplied for firmware updates has a COM connector which most computers dont seem to have now.
As a functioning KVM switch it works well on Windows 7 and Windows 8 without any software installation whereas a Belkin KVM device I bought during Windows Vista was not supported for either version and would not reliably switch between PC's.

Omron RS2 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron RS2 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Much easier using this wrist type of monitor than conventional models., 14 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The OMRON RS2 Intelli sense WRIST BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR is a must have for anyone who needs an easily accessible way of taking your blood pressure.
We had used the same manufacturers type of meter on the upper arm but this was considerably easier to use. The only difference is to keep the wrist at the same height as the heart during use.
On opening the package the instructions and container are easily accessible. It is vital to read the instructions first as they are logically set out and easily understandable. The symbols on are easy to recognise as are the very useful safety information being concise and useful.
Opening the plastic case, which is compact, is quite stiff until you press on the indentation to release the catch. Easy access to battery compartment though it could be limiting for arthritic sufferers. Once installed the monitor is ready to go.
Again following the instructions for an accurate reading, regarding the positioning of the wrist monitor, hand and arm it is just a matter of pressing the on switch and off it goes. As a patient, my blood pressure is monitored regularly and the monitor results compare very well with my doctors figures so as to give me reassurance in between visits.
The memory switch is also useful for a limited overview of results over a period of days. There are features that give warnings when in use, for example when the heart is beating abnormally or the monitor is not correctly positioned.
I find this product less cumbersome than my usual blood pressure monitor and is so compact for easy storage. I am delighted with it and would not hesitate to recommend this to my family and friends.

Panasonic KX-TG6812EB Twin DECT Cordless Telephone Set
Panasonic KX-TG6812EB Twin DECT Cordless Telephone Set
Offered by liGo
Price: 36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, easy to use product., 28 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Apart from one thing below it was very easy to set up with the added bonus that the phone numbers you enter just appear on the second handset which before on earlier models were transferred wirelessly to the second handset through a menu.
I also like the selection of ringtones so I can set it differently to the one you always hear on the television and you are not sure if it is yours. The volume of the ringtone is also adjustable.
I dont know how many ringtones there are as the list goes on for ever.
I would have preferred a wall mounted cradle but it does seem to be stable emough.
Only thing I dont like is the glossy black upper half (like almost everything at the moment) which soon gets covered in fingerprints.
Initial setup was a bit confusing as I was looking for the grid like settings button in the guide on the phone but this is actually an onscreen icon that is only visible when the handset is removed from the cradle and disappears in the cradle. The set up guide is telling you to charge it first and the handset is telling you do the setup first. Once i found this out is was easy.
I like the push button "find the misplaced handset" feature. I could do with that on my TV remote.
There are less buttons to cause confusion than my previous Panasonic so a pleasure to use.

Roberts ECO1BK Ecologic 1 DAB/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built-in Battery Charger - Black
Price: 48.98

1.0 out of 5 stars 12 months and 1 week later....failed, 27 July 2013
This was my second Roberts radio and the ON/OFF switch has started playing up just like my previous model.
Roberts Customer Service initially said it was not a known fault until I pointed out all the 1 star reviews.
They then offered a repair at 45 as long as I pay postage.
No thanks.
Why cant a more positive switch be fitted as this annoyingly keeps switching itself back on as I walk away despite Roberts explaining to me I may not be switching it off correctly by pushing the button centrally.

Uniross Performance 4 X AA 2300 Series Rechargeable Batteries
Uniross Performance 4 X AA 2300 Series Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by Talk Time
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely better than most ...goes...on and on and on...., 27 July 2013
I am running a small Roberts DAB radio on NiMH batteries with a built in charger and was expecting and got about 10 hours using it outside. Changing to Uniross 2300 mah ( although they actually are marked 2200) gives me 22 hours outside listening to the cricket on Test Match Special.
Come to think of it The way Australia are playing in this Ashes series I don't really need the whole 22 hours do I .

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Please share my frustration., 27 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had read the 5 Star reviews made earlier and expected it to be very easy to set up.
After about an hour of running up and down stairs between the router and my Panasonic TV using the easy Method One way of connecting I could not get this TP-Link Adaptor N600 to connect with the front blue LED turning blue despite the flashing lights on my Netgear Virgin Media Router and this Adaptor.
On my Panasonic TV I was getting " Wireless LAN Adaptor not connected". Please connect and Press Retry.
Meanwhile this very small lightweight box refused to stand up as the cables tip it over unless it is wedged securely somewhere.
I have always had success connecting wireless printers to my PC using the WPS button.
I then read the troubleshooting guide and find that if you have wireless encryption called WEP you can't connect using this method at all. The getting started leaflet should mention this as step 1 and then suggest Method 2 as I don't want to remove my wireless security to enable this to connect.I understand WEP is not the most secure but my old router does not seem to offer any alternative.
Connecting using a Web Browser ( method 2) using a PC and entering password and connection details did resolve the connection problem and you know you are connected by the blue flashing light which continues to flash so you would be unable to have this on view near a TV but out of sight.
Having set it up on a PC upstairs I did wonder if it would retain the settings once unplugged from the mains and network cable but I can report that luckily it does seem to retain the settings.
I have found that I also have a software fault on the Panasonic TV as it still reports that the "wireless LAN Adaptor is not detected !" although it clearly is, as I can connect to YouTube and other Viera settings. A connection test using the wired rather than wireless ticks all 5 boxes and gives an IP address.
I think it I would have been a better idea and less frustration to use a pair of mains plug LAN connectors.
The guide suggests in the Troubleshooting T1 you can't power up the device using the USB cable but I seem to be able to do just that using a USB2 connection on the TV and not needing the mains plug . All very confusing compared to other wireless setups.
Update . I have contacted Virgin Media and found out how to update my wireless security to WPA-PSK[TKIP] + WPA2-PSK[AES] which is much more secure but having spent a lot of time changing this the Method 1 setup still does not work. i wonder how other reviewers have set it up so easily ?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2013 5:28 AM BST

Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging)
Offered by PineApple Uk
Price: 29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Smaller than you think I expect ?, 22 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you position this Microsoft Wedge touch Mouse on a Standard Square Post It Note you still have about 10mm space around it so it was to me suprisingly small.
It is packaged in a very expensive looking quality design box much in the manner of an Apple product and the mouse itself has a quality feel about it.
You will need a Laptop or PC enabled for Bluetooth or buy a USB Bluetooth such as Plugable Bluetooth 4.0 Adaptor supplied also by Amazon.
It paired up immediately on a Dell XPS Desktop which has Bluetooth built in. Many devices have failed to pair up on this fairly old PC but this one, running Windows 7, I just followed on screen prompts to install software and drivers which is done online only not using a CD.
Be aware that this Mouse is not enabled for Touchpad gestures, just scrolling vertical and horizontal with left and right click. Vertical scrolling direction can be reversed once the Software is installed and is named "Flip Scrolling Direction".
It was not so easily installed in Windows 8 and I had to search for Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse to install the Software and Driver after initially locking up on the Metro Screen installation.
In use I found the default settings very sensitive and had to reduce them. The Mouse does have a postive click rather than a tap gesture.
With the size being so small I found that using a mousemat with a Gel Wrist support was easier on the desktop PC.
I am not sure how long the AA battery will last as switching it off using the same small button you use for pairing is fairly fiddly.
I like it and now use it a lot.
Update
Don't forget if you are trying this Bluetooth device on more than one computer that it will only pair up with one of them at a time.
I didn't remember this and it will of course frustratingly report as "Offline" on one of them if they are both switched on. I wasted a couple of hours re-installing before I remembered this important fact.

Finding Seams on Apples
Finding Seams on Apples
by cricketweb.net
Price: 7.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of information but I found it very difficult to read, 13 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Because the book consists of nine topics (or threads) from the CricketWeb.net site it is not always easy to follow the content easily. It is edited and ordered so that the later response comes below the earlier comment unlike some sites where the later comment is above like an email.
I still found it difficult to follow and unlike a normal book.
Lots of diverse opinions as you would expect but some of the nine topics are now outdated a bit ranging back to 2004 and 2005.

The Ashes According to Bumble
The Ashes According to Bumble
by David Lloyd
Price: 13.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia ain't what it used to be ....until you read this book.., 4 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being the same age as the Author and shared a love of cricket for the same period this book constantly reminded me of how time has flown. I kept thinking, surely it cant be that long ago when that happened but it certainly was.
Having watched cricket in Australia and England this series of facts, figures and memories from the only Test Series that really matters was enjoyable from start to finish.
The book is bang up to date with England having won the test series in India and with the Ashes 2013/14 , home and away matches just starting and being back to back,this time we are in for a stressful time yet again.
I remember Bumble fondly on Test Match Special on BBC Radio and did not follow him across to Sky Sports alas but this book has made up for it.

Ikra Flexotrim ATHS-2440 24V Lithium Ion Cordless Long Reach Hedge Trimmer
Ikra Flexotrim ATHS-2440 24V Lithium Ion Cordless Long Reach Hedge Trimmer
Price: 149.17

3.0 out of 5 stars I found it to be fairly heavy in use, 23 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Ikra Flexotrim ATHS-2440 LI 24v Lithium Ion cordless long reach hedge trimmer weighs 4.4 Kg with the battery and although this doesnt seem too heavy initially I found when extended that this became a fairly awkward amount of weight as the motor is then at some distance from the body and the lever effect is uncomfortable.
The body strap does not reduce the weight at the motor position but at the handle but is helpful.
When retracted I still found it more awkward than conventional electric hedge trimmers.
Another reviewer considered it to be light so he must be considerably stronger.
When running it can manage to cut through fairly thick twigs with ease as the tooth spacing would indicate.
It has two speeds so can be operated fairly quickly if you want.
It came with a UK three pin charger and the operation seems different to the instruction manual. It seems to be charging when the light is flashing green and charged when the light goes out and not red and green as described in the manual.
I think you would only use this for long reach hedge trimming and still need a lighter more convential one for normal use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20