Profile for Richard > Reviews

Richard

Infected Nations
Infected Nations

4.0 out of 5 stars Evile - Infected Nations Review, 4 Dec 2009
This review is from: Infected Nations (Audio CD)
I picked this album up yesterday at my local HMV (the CD+DVD version) after never hearing them (but hearing of them) before, and I instantly loved it from the first play. Evile play really good music; which means that in general, the riff to word ratio is pretty low! - However this is not a problem at all. Overall, the album is a very good length, coming in at a very respectable 63 minutes - ideal for long journeys. The album comes across as very thrash, but with more of hard rock style of vocals with solid drumming and guitar work, always a slight downer for me is lack of a noticable bass guitar...I mean, the bass was good, it just didnt stand out. I see this album as being good background music too. If you pay attention to the album, its great, but its just as good for having in the background.

Pick this album up if you're looking for good solid thrash riffs/music.

Dead Space (Xbox 360)
Dead Space (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead Space. Dead Fun., 27 Aug 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Space (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
My first impressions after buying Dead Space were instantly 10/10. Smooth motions, film like game play, intense ambient sounds, sweet weapons and stunning graphics. Let it be known that this is one gory game. Dismemberment, blood, guts and strong violence are part of daily life while you struggle to survive in the dead husk of the once magnificent Ishimura space ship.

I'm currently timidly progressing through the 4th level of the game and so far it has been a pleasant, if not tense trek. Unless the missions start getting shorter I predict that this game has a lot of life in it (despite being a lone survivor on a dead alien infested ship anyway)...So far the game play has been solid, and on normal difficulty the game thus far has been challenging but not too difficult. I think I've died 3 times thus far and 2 of them deaths are due to one of the puzzle rooms...This is not a bad thing. Another great point is that the guns are beautiful; each having different and useful roles. They all seem quite believable and they all pack a rather large punch.

With a lot of nifty downloadable content (which is all reasonably cheap) and an anime (which isn't spectacular but helps with the narrative) that goes hand in hand with the game, I think this is a great game for anyone looking to immerse themselves in to a good, solid/dependable game. Another note would be that the achievements are fairly accessible to obtain, which is a plus for any respectable Gamer score junkie's!

This game is quite easily related to that of Bioshock, although in my opinion, both are quite separable and both stand steady on their own - So if you like Bioshock, you'll love this...And if you buy and love this and haven't played Bioshock, then I would definitely suggest it!

All in all Dead Space is easily a 5-star game. Well worth the reasonable price here at amazon.co.uk!

Army of Two (Xbox 360)
Army of Two (Xbox 360)
Offered by Startup Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Two, 31 July 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Whether you're playing alone or ripping it up on split-screen co-op, Army of Two will leave you craving for more - and at Amazons price of £10.99 this game is a must-have for anyone wanting a game that clearly has quality to it.

Straight off the bat - this game is really, really good. The characters are believable, the dialogue is well thought out (no cheesy one liners here!) and the game play is fairly solid.

Pro's:
- Impressive graphics
- Good enemy A.I. (so long as you play on normal difficulty or higher)
- Clear storyline. Great characters. (complete with great cut-scenes)
- Great Co-Op shoot 'em up.
- Moderately easy to gain achievement points.
- Original and fun ideas for Xbox Live play.
- Re-playability
- 2 content downloads - one is FREE and adds 2 extra levels to the game.

Con's:
- Some levels have annoying bits of clipping which can make some enemies frustrating.
- Xbox Live ranked matches can be few and far between.
- Story can seem somewhat short for obsessive gamers.

Conclusion:
I gave this game 5 out of 5 simply because I could only really find one fault with the game that I felt could affect someone buying it and that is the fact that Xbox Live gamers might find the online matches sporadic (unless you have 3 other friends who own the game). This has not affected the 5 stars I have given this game simply because it does not best reflect how good the quality of the game is.

I would definitely recommend this game. I love it! With a sequel on the way, there's a lot of promise in a good series of games here and if you're in need of an extra online gamer for Army of Two, count me in! (Gamertag: CyberChristFF)