Profile for M. P. Rinaldi > Reviews

Celicious Notecase W2 Wallet Stand Case for Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 - Red
Celicious Notecase W2 Wallet Stand Case for Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 - Red
Offered by TechDecor UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case ofr the Lenovo Yoga 10, 27 Aug. 2014
Excellent case. This the second we have bought. Does everything they say it should. Looks good, feels good etc.

RTX Wireless Phone Jack
RTX Wireless Phone Jack
Offered by liGo

5.0 out of 5 stars It DOES work with the new Amstrad 1 T-byte SKY HD Box, 6 Sept. 2010
[[ASIN:B000NJQHL4 RTX Wireless Phone Jack

I found this worked straight out of the box with my new 1 T-byte Amstrad Sky+ HD box. It seems that the the thing to remember is the comment made by several other reviewers that there is a basic error in the instalation instructions. When connecting the Sky box to the receiving unit the switch on it needs to be set to 'S' (speech mode) not 'C' (computer) as indicated in the instructions.

I connected the transmitter unit to the ADSL filter on my telephone/broadband socket with the lead and adaptor supplied then plugged the transmitter into the mains socket. Took the receiver downstairs, plugged the Sky box telephone lead into it and then plugged it into the mains. After a couple of seconds the required yellow (looks more amber to me) light came on. That was three days ago. As checks, I have disconnected the telephone lead from the Sky box, which is immediately noted by the on-screen display 'no telephone line connected'. On reconnection, when I go back into the on screen menu it confirms telephone line is now connected. I have connected a telephone to the receiver and been able to make and receive calls without problem. The instuctions state that that it can also be set up to run off an ADSL filter attached to a broadband hub, which I have no reason to doubt because as a temporary measure I had been running the Sky box off an extension lead from just such an arrangement. The transmitter and receiver are no larger than typical transformer plugs for phone chargers etc, which is really a small sacrifice to make when you don't have the bother of hard wiring etc. All in all it's worked perfectly for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Ideal Tool, 24 July 2010
HP Simple Save Portable HD/320gb 2.5 Inch USB2

I have now owned one of these for 6 months and cannot fault it. I use it to back up three desk tops and two laptops. Two of the desk tops are five years old (a Dell and a Packard Bell both running XP) and have had no problems what so ever. I was really pleased, when shortly after buying it an ageing Acer laptop (also running XP) decided to turn up its toes and because we had everything backed up on the Simple Save we had an easy task transfering all the data etc to another machine (the aged Packard) without any apparent loss.

It can take a while to do the initial backup for each machine (it creates individual backups for each machine so it's an absolute dodle to retrieve anything) after that it just adds anything new that you have saved on the computer, which if you backup once a week will take a couple of minutes. During the process it shows you the type, number and size of file that it is saving fr you. I have encountered no issues using the Simple Save with Windows XP, Vista and 7 (we have a laptop running Vista and a desltop running 7). Its instalation and operation are as it says in the name, simple. it is light weight, portable and is a smart looking unit.

I like it so much that I have just ordered a second one to be exclusively used for my work laptop.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2011 9:25 PM BST

Humax Freeview playback Digital TV Recorder PVR-9150T 160GB Twin Tuner PVR
Humax Freeview playback Digital TV Recorder PVR-9150T 160GB Twin Tuner PVR

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece of Kit, 11 Oct. 2008
Have now owned a Humax 9150 for two weeks and would echoe all the previous positive comments. It is incredibly easy to set up and operate. Everything is logically laid out so learning the operations quickly becomes intuitive. Picture quality is excellent. Yes there is a some fan noise but nothing worse than you experience with a PC. As another reviewer says you only really notice it when the TV is switched off, which is when you should have the Humax in standby mode anyway. It is also set up to check for software updates daily. Ours is in the bedroom so it was a bit spooky to find it switching itself on every morning at 4 AM. This was quickly remedied by changing the setting to later in the day.

I have no hesitation in giving this piece of kit 5 stars for performance and price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2008 8:11 PM GMT