Profile for E. Taylor > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Breathtaking: Boxed Set: Seven Bestselling Novels of Love and Suspense
Breathtaking: Boxed Set: Seven Bestselling Novels of Love and Suspense

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable by Sherry Gammon, 4 Mar. 2014
After reading Unlovable last year, it instantly became a new favourite, so I have been eagerly anticipating book 2 ever since.
Where book one focused on Maggie and Seth, Unbelievable is Lilah and Cole's story. And I was not disappointed.
At first I was unsure that I could love a couple as much as Maggie and Seth, but I did! I loved that as characters they were so different, and yet they really did seem to go together, balanced each other out. Lilah being a flamboyant character, and Cole being slightly more steady (although not on his feet!) they gave each other what the other was missing and it was beautiful.
Ah Cole...adorable, hunky, klutzy ER doctor...need I say more? No. Exactly. Love that dude.
I really felt for Lilah- she's being forced by her drug-dealer father to gather information, but she starts to make friends and really falls for Cole (I mean, who wouldn't?!) so she finds herself in an impossible situation.
Just as in book 1 Sherry Gammon really hooked me in, I couldn't put it down. For 24 hours my life consisted of nothing but this book. The twists and surprises kept me on the edge of my seat with this one.
I was so pleased that we still got to see the characters that I loved so much in book 1, and I can't wait for Booker's story...I have a few theories going and I can't wait to see if I'm right or not ^_^
A fabulous continuation of the series, that is right up there with my favourite contemporaries! 5/5 stars!
If you haven't checked out this series, you really must!

Womens 18k Rose Gold Plated 39cm Necklace With 16mm Locket Charm Round Pendant Many Styles Available
Offered by SouthernSeasTrading

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique!, 10 Jan. 2014
I was drawn to this necklace by it's simplicity and the fact that it's a rose gold colour, as I recently received a rose gold watch as a gift but had nothing to match it.
Having never seen a pendant like this one, I immediately loved it.
The product picture is beautiful, but its even MORE beautiful in person.
The service was fantastic! Came very quickly and I'm more than happy with it.
Now really want one in a different colour....

Dare You To (A Pushing the Limits Novel)
Dare You To (A Pushing the Limits Novel)
by Katie McGarry

5.0 out of 5 stars 5/5! A must read!, 1 July 2013
Cover: I love the image on this cover- as we know I'm a sucker for cutesy, romantic covers. But I'm not such a fan of the red. I prefer the blue on the US cover. Really want a US edition.

Pushing The Limits was one of my favourite reads of 2012, so naturally Dare You To is one of my most eagerly releases of 2013.
Beth was a difficult character to like in Pushing The Limits, she comes across as a bitch for bitches sake, but actually we in Dare You To we see that it's a defense mechanism. Beth has been hurt and let down repeatedly and subsequently finds it hard to trust and love people- instead acting like a hard ass. You really grow to love her and understand her.
Ryan was interesting too. I really thought I'd find it hard to root for them as a couple because I love Isaiah. But I freaking loved Ryan too!
He's a jock. Automatically Beth hates him. They're complete opposites.
Ryan loves baseball, but he may just be good enough to be a writer. At least his teacher thinks so. He's always just wanted to play pro ball but winning a writing competition gives him choices. Also...his family life may not be as perfect as it projects.
While Beth and Ryan should be opposites...there are also similarities, and a fierce attraction that can't be ignored.
Katie McGarry tackles realistic issues but also creates a beautiful romance that results in an un-put-downable read, that had me hooked from beginning to end. I love alternating character perspectives in YA contemporaries and Katie McGarry is one of the best at it!
I think that Pushing The Limits has the edge slightly. It would take a lot to beat that one, but Dare You To was amazing too! And I just can't wait for Isaiah's book. I need that!!!

Die For Me: Number 1 in series
Die For Me: Number 1 in series
by Amy Plum

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5/5 stars!, 8 May 2013
~Originally posted on blog~
I was excited to read this book from the sound of the blurb, that plus the gorgeous cover I was hooked in.

Cover: A truly lovely cover! Beautiful shades of pink coupled with the Parisian images and the black scrolling makes for a fantastic YA Paranormal cover.

Plot: I love the plot of this book! Amy Plum has definitely tried to stand out from other YA paranormal fiction with an original storyline and a paranormal being that isn't a vamp or a werewolf :O

Kate is grieving for the loss of her parents that died in an accident and has moved to Paris with her sister to live with their grandparents. There she meets Vincent, a beautiful boy that she feels she could grow to feel so strongly for and she doesn't know if she can open herself up to the risk of loosing someone that she loves again plus finding out that there's nothing normal about Vincent and how he lives his life. Can Kate cope with what Vincent is? And can she open her heart and learn to love again?

Characters:

Kate- Trying to adapt to live without her parents but finds herself depressed and the only comfort is escaping in books. Kinda introverted.

Vincent- He hasn't been interested in a girl for a veryyyyy long time *cough* but when he meets Kate he has a spark in his life again.

Georgia- Kate's older sister. Polar opposites. Total extrovert and party girl.

Lucien- Same 'being' as Vincent but a more twisted version.

Writing Style:
I found that I was able to read this book really quickly, I read it in two days but it could easily have been one. The chapters very short and so that helped the pacing.

Rating:
4.5/5 stars because I loved that the plot stands out among other YA paranormal books and that even though this is the first in the Revenant Series the end wasn't a cliffhanger and the ending was great.

Shamballa Bracelet Multi Coloured Disco Ball Friendship Bead Unisex Bracelets Swarovski Crystal Beads
Offered by GreatDeals4you

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 18 Aug. 2012
I've wanted a Shamballa bracelet for ages now, but I didn't really want to pay a lot for one, so when I saw this I knew I had to order it. I was amazed with this seller! I ordered on the 7th August and was wearing it by the 9th. The quality is great and definitely recommend to anyone looking for one.

Single White Vampire: An Argeneau Vampire Novel
Single White Vampire: An Argeneau Vampire Novel
by Lynsay Sands

5.0 out of 5 stars Vamp Rom Com, 20 Oct. 2010
Single White Vampire- Lynsay Sands
I love Lynsay Sands! Easy books to read just for fun. They may not have the most amazing plots but who cares! They're great comic vampire books.
Single White Vampire sees the turn of Lucern, the oldest of the Argeneau brothers. He's not sociable, has a temper and just comes across as miserable. Kate is his editor and barges in to his life and turns it upside down. It's a great case of opposites attract and they really do make a great couple and the hilarity is a bonus...she drags him a romance conference and chaos ensues...
A fun read for fans of vamps and romance but won't mind that these aren't taken too seriously.

Hush, Hush
Hush, Hush
by Becca Fitzpatrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush, Hush, 20 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Paperback)
Hush Hush- Becca Fitzpatrick
Yet another teen paranormal romance...But I must say I enjoyed this one immensely. It was a fast paced read and it was compelling enough that I couldn't put it down and finished it in a day.
The hero...you either love him or hate him. A dark, bad-boy type hero called Patch.
A good read for fans of the genre.
I read this a while ago but am only now putting up a review but I am about to read Crescendo which I think will be an amazing sequel and have been looking forward to it's release for ages.

Demon From the Dark (Immortals After Dark 10)
Demon From the Dark (Immortals After Dark 10)
by Kresley Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Demon from the Dark, 20 Oct. 2010
I love Kresley's paranormal fantasy series! I was hooked from book one and there isn't one of the books that I don't like and this continues with Demon from the Dark.
At the end of Pleasure of a Dark Prince, immortals were disappearing and obviously in this book we find out how and why and by whom ...
The couple of Carrow and Malkom I really liked. A party witch that had to curb her ways when her little niece Ruby is left orphaned and a Vemon that that has to overcome so much to be with Carrow.
Betrayal of course had to be thrown into the mix...couldn't possibly be simple for Malkom and Carrow.
Overall this book is a great next instalment of the immortals series- great couple and great plot. This hasn't taken the place of my other favs in the series (Bowen and Mariketa) but its close.
I am definitely looking forward to the next book- Regin's!!!!

Crave: Number 2 in series (Fallen Angels)
Crave: Number 2 in series (Fallen Angels)
by J. R. Ward

4.0 out of 5 stars Crave, 20 Oct. 2010
I wasn't sure when I heard that J.R. Ward would be releasing a Fallen Angel series...not that I thought it would be bad but I did think `How could anything ever beat the Black Dagger Brotherhood?' And with Covet I was pleasantly surprised and Crave was just amazing. While the BDB are still my favs Ward has created another series with the same calibre writing and amazing characters.
The battle of good and evil, heaven and hell, angels and demons is the basis of this series and so far soooo good.
The connection between Isaac and Grier drew my in immediately and the struggles and revelations they go through are staggering...
Evil demons and the good guy angels battling for souls but also a great plot then this is a series for you. Great paranormal fantasy series especially for those fans of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Hostage to Pleasure
Hostage to Pleasure
by Nalini Singh
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Hostage to Pleasure, 20 Oct. 2010
Who would have guessed that psy-hater Dorian would end up mated to a psy??? I know! Me neither.
Although this aspect of the plot is predictable it still is an amazing instalment of the Psy-Changeling series.
Series should be read in order for this book to make any real sense and the series as a whole is definitely worth reading for fans of paranormal/fantasy/romance.

Page: 1 | 2