Profile for Nna Toure > Reviews

Content by Nna Toure

Nna Toure

Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels)
Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels)
by Lisa Kleypas

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly boring, 17 Jun. 2016
I'm ususally a fan of Kleypas, but I was very disappointed in this novel. It might have been better if the book actually started when they met, instead of rushing us to the point when the book starts. I feel like nothing actually happened in this book, I was bored and had trouble finishing it.

Merry (Romance With a Rogue Book 1)
Merry (Romance With a Rogue Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 1 Jan. 2016
To me this does not qualify as a book: it's an extremely short story with almost no character development (no time for it I guess) where the two main characters fall in love at first sight and decide to get married. The End. Seriously?

Dragons Realm
Dragons Realm

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 13 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Dragons Realm (Kindle Edition)
This book just did not work for me AT ALL! The writing was very good and I might try another book by this author for this reason, but this story was terrible. The main character is constantly mistreated by the dragons, but still manages to fall in love with one. I found the way the women are portrayed in the book completely revolting: submissive, eager for any type of attention and grateful when they are mistreated just a little bit less. I like Alpha and dominant heroes just fine, but abusive ones are just not sexy to me. I thought the whole thing was ridiculous!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2016 3:14 PM GMT

WANTED - A BRIDE FOR VIR
WANTED - A BRIDE FOR VIR

2.0 out of 5 stars he seemed to just like the heroine because she got a makeover, 17 Dec. 2014
The story was simplistic and made no sense to me. The hero came accross as extremely shallow with no redeeming quality whatsoever, he seemed to just like the heroine because she got a makeover.

Dark Gold: A Carpathian Novel (The 'Dark' Carpathian)
Dark Gold: A Carpathian Novel (The 'Dark' Carpathian)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, 14 July 2011
This is the first book of the series I am reading and frankly i was not impressed. Aidan Savage comes accross as an insensitive jerk and the main character is not given any opportunity to stand up to him. After being with him less than 24 hours Savage can basically make her do anything he wants almost and she does not seem that upset to me. I just could not find a reason to keep reading and stopped halfway. If you want to read something really good dealing with fantasy and romance as well as a good part of suspense and action, i recommend the "Lord of the fadind Lands" series. Give Dark Gold a miss.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2013 10:07 AM BST