Profile for Mr. Rj Morris > Reviews

Content by Mr. Rj Morris

Mr. Rj Morris

Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player with 4.2 inch Display - White (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars converted samsung user (from iphone), 17 Aug 2012
I was lucky enough to recieve this as a gift from a friend who works for samsung. He often boasts about how the android platform is the way forward and that companies like samsung produce products as good (if not better) than apple. I was sceptacle but happy to get one for free!

My main concerns initially were how I would transfer all my music from my iphone, I was convinced it would be impossible - I was wrong... you simply download an app for free on the player and then go to a website and download software onto your pc or laptop and BOOM.. piece of cake. first task passed.

my next challenge was to use the free sat nav app that comes FOC with the player (historically I have always used my iphone -copilot) It did VERY well. got from bournemouth to a flat in the middle of bristol with no problems what so ever :). struggled a bit with entering the postcode at first but once that was sorted it was plain sailing..

Next test was conducted in the gym. How would the experience differ from the iphone.. well the main difference is the Volume (alot LOUDER!). i Often have the volume on full blast on the iphone but barely need more that halfway with the samsung (full blast would cripple my brain)

Other positives - you can increase memory capacity to around 40gb on this product by adding a 32gb memory card - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Class-Micro-Extreme-Speed/dp/B005FY61EK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345206604&sr=8-1.. I picked up mine for £20 which basicly means for around £170 you can have a 40gb mp3 player!

What else.. I have always bought my music from itunes and subsequently come close to bankruptcy. Using this player has opened my eyes to a number of way more "affordable" methods of listening to your favourite tunes...

And lastly - this product comes with 2 free games (fifa being one which is awesome), 3 covers (I have'nt used mine but nice touch anyway) and some decent samsung in ear headphones (better than the standard apple ones anyway)

If I had to be critical in anyway it would be that this product is only available in white (but this can be changed by using the fascias) and that it feels a bit plasticy compared to my sturdy iphone...

Anyway.. in conclusion, I am officially stepping away from the iphone gang and joining the galaxy gang. Its way more affordable and in my opinion, just as good! If not better!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2013 11:15 AM GMT

iSimple IS5601 Portable megaPhone Amplifier for iPhone - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by TotallyGadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet effective!, 9 July 2012
Bought this item so that I could watch sky Go in the study (whilst working) as a stand/speaker solution. Does the Job brilliantly. My only critism is the price.. £14.99 seems a bit too expensive in my opinion?

All in all great product though

S & D Starking iDice Docking Station for iPod, iPhone and iPad 2/3 - Black
S & D Starking iDice Docking Station for iPod, iPhone and iPad 2/3 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars classy looking.. front room speaker (not bedroom), 19 Jun 2012
Initially I had purchased this product for my bedroom as a solution for my ipad (dock whilst watching sky go, alarm clock, play music etc). When the product arrived (i purchased black one) I quickly upgraded it to the lounge and dismissed my older bose station (the sound on the idice is far superior!). It looks great and blends nicely into the interior of my front room (doesnt look tacky as I first thought it would). It has a smart glossy finish and represents the fact that I'm a bit of a gambler :)

Its the first dock I have bought specifically for my ipad and I am suitably impressed. I would like to buy another but can't find the pink one (for my gfriend) available anywhere?

Great product comes highly recomended.

Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD with ControlTalk Headphones - Black
Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD with ControlTalk Headphones - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE, 9 Mar 2012
these are fake! do not buy!

Only amazon listings are safe with Beats product. Do not waste your money on this counterfeit product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars be careful!!!, 30 Mar 2010
There are a HUGE amount of fake BEATS products coming out of china... I would only recomend buying from a trusted source (ie amazon). sometimes if the price seems too good to be true then it usually is!

I have a genuine pair of these and they truly are astounding!! best purchase of 2009 for me.. :)

Kit Mobile USB Mains Charger - MP3 Players, Mobile Phones, PDAs and Digital Cameras
Offered by Modern-Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 15 Oct 2009
use this to charge my camera, sony walkman, girlfriends ipod, and xmini2! great price