Profile for Bryan Johnson > Reviews

Content by Bryan Johnson

Bryan Johnson (London)

Page: 1 | 2
7dayshop Aero Freedom Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless Headphones Headset with Mic for Handsfree
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Of course, for this sort of price, can we really expect perfection?, 16 Oct. 2015
For the price, I suppose this is an above product. My complaints are with a few of the basics that probably should have been sorted before leaving the factory:

The mic only occasionally works and most people I called - when connected to either my phone or my Mac - could barely hear me.
The noise cancelling, as noted by other reviewers, is not as good as Bose. My real concern is that when the feature is enabled, the music bass drops out almost entirely and the treble goes way up.

On the plus side, the case is excellent and battery life sufficient for a long flight.

Silverline Silverstorm 263570 Electric Breaker, 1500 W
Silverline Silverstorm 263570 Electric Breaker, 1500 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, well built, highly functional, 1 Jun. 2015
This is a professional grade tool at a fraction of the cost of more entrenched names.

It has been tested on:
- Stone
- Hard-pack soil
- Concrete
- Brickwork

It has succeeded in every situation.

Monoprice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphone - Silver
Monoprice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphone - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds tin-like, 1 Jun. 2015
Without using these headphones on a device that allows for changing EQ settings, nothing sounds very good. Imagine if you had you ears full of water and then listened to music, that's kind of like what it sounds like.

Further, the design isn't fantastic, as the shell feels cheap and is, frankly, too large.

Would not recommend, sadly.

Full Moon Soup
Full Moon Soup
by Alastair Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the truly fantastic children's books of all time, 1 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Full Moon Soup (Paperback)
I have been reading this, on average, once a week to my daughter who started reading it at age 3 and continues reading it now that she's 4.5.

This book is part of a very small subgenera of children's books of picture books without any words to tell the story. While it may seem that it would be difficult to tell the story, the author does a wonderful job in creating a hugely rich story with many different sub-plots.

I would estimate that we have 'read' this book over 50 times and we continue to find new story lines and details that we haven't seen before.

Some might judge the story a bit scary, with werewolves, aliens and ghosts, but because there are no words, it's up to us adults to tell the parts of the story that we want to tell each time.

My only complaint is that the author appears to have given up writing children's books, which is a huge shame, as this is a very small subgenera and his book stands, in my estimate, at the very top.

Draper 57569 Mini Round-Point Shovel with Fibreglass Shaft
Draper 57569 Mini Round-Point Shovel with Fibreglass Shaft

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to excavate 40 tonnes of tough earth, 1 Jun. 2015
I purchased several of these for a major excavation project and found that they could stand up to some serious abuse. I would say that that each of the two shovels I purchased each dug out 20 tonnes of earth.

The blades do eventually become duller than before starting the digging, but can't fault the build quality or the design.

Lightning Cable Syncwire Apple iPhone Charger -[Apple MFi Certified] Lifetime Guarantee Series- for iPhone 6S Plus 6 Plus SE 5S 5C 5, iPad 2 3 4 Mini, iPad Pro Air 2, iPod - 3.3ft/1m White
Offered by Syncwire

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong customer service if something does go wrong, 1 Jun. 2015
Updated: Syncwire emailed me over a year after posting a disappointed 2-star review and offered to send me another cable. So, while the first product was faulty, their customer service is faultless.

As for the replacement product, it does seem of higher quality than my previous purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2015 3:08 AM BST

Medisept Alcohol Prep Pads
Medisept Alcohol Prep Pads

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what was expected and needed, 1 Jun. 2015
Absolutely no complaints. Does what it was supposed to do and at a much more reasonable price than alternatives.

TeckNet Classic M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Red
Offered by Hippidion.Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Dongle breaks after 6-9 months of use, but I still have bought this a 3rd time., 29 May 2015
As other reviewers have noted, the mouse has very good functionality - and I won't reiterate their comments here.

However, I will point out that the small dongle that attaches to the computer can and does become damaged after 6-9 months of laptop use. Essentially, it eventually falls apart. This is sad, because the mouse still works perfectly fine. Unfortunately, there is no way to buy a small replacement dongle, rendering the mouse unusable. Despite this, I have still purchased this mouse for a third time. And, in another 6 months, I will probably buy a 4th mouse when the dongle for this one breaks.

So, 4 stars only for the lack of durability for a small piece that, frankly, you leave in your laptop and then break.

NERF Dart Tag Sharp Shot
NERF Dart Tag Sharp Shot
Offered by King Of Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Adults should not be allowed to buy this, I mean, we're adults., 29 May 2015
This review is from: NERF Dart Tag Sharp Shot (Toy)
Okay, so the product has a child pictured on the front. I suppose that children might either buy or - more likely - be given Nerf dart products.

Why, though, is this labelled a child's product? This was purchased for my 30+ year-old brother for Christmas and age does have its advantages. Playing against small children, they don't have the aim or coordination required for effective head shots. Yes, children are smaller, nimble but have not seen Predator or American Sniper.

Also, children can be told by adults to stop playing and shooting each other in the house and in close proximity to Victorian china. Adults, on the other hand, don't have other adults to tell them not to do this.

My conclusion, therefore, is to not allow adults to buy this product for themselves or other adults. It results in too many hours or unsupervised fun and/or irreparable damage to decorative platters.

10x Decorative Washi Rainbow Sticky Paper Masking Adhesive Tape Scrapbooking DIY
Offered by JUYUAN-EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent craft material for toddlers, 29 May 2015
This was purchased as craft material for a pre-schooler and has not disappointed in that respect. The colours are relatively vibrant (not neon, but bold) and the tap durable, yet easily torn into pieces by small hands.

I have come downstairs on several occasions to find the little one creating greeting cards for the girls next door. I mean, if you're going to create greeting cards for no particular holiday or celebration, at least use quality tape to give your cards borders.

Page: 1 | 2