Profile for Speedigee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Tempest:- BBC Shakespeare Collection [1980]
The Tempest:- BBC Shakespeare Collection [1980]
Dvd ~ Cedric Messina
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, 9 Feb. 2015
I liked this performance even though I am sure it was produced on a limited budget but it was no less enjoyable for that and the director certainly made a good job of his limited resources. Sir Michael Hordern was magnificent, ably supported by the other principals. Yes the sprites were a bit camp, but then Shakespeare is all about interpretation.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2015 4:13 PM GMT

King Lear [DVD]
King Lear [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laurence Olivier
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult choice, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: King Lear [DVD] (DVD)
Performance-wise, choosing between Olivier and McKellen is difficult. They and their respective teams of top class actors all give a first class performance. Fortunately I have both versions and the deciding factor for me is that the McKellen is in Blu-Ray, whereas Olivier is not. The difference in this respect is quite striking.

King Lear [1988] [DVD]
King Lear [1988] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Magee

2.0 out of 5 stars I was not impressed with this version of King Lear ..., 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: King Lear [1988] [DVD] (DVD)
I was not impressed with this version of King Lear. There were many cuts and tinkering with the orders of events and characters. I much preferred the offerings from Olivier and McKellen. I also found it difficult to follow Magee's dialogue, especially during his mad scene on the moors.

King Lear (Blu Ray) [2008] [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
King Lear (Blu Ray) [2008] [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ian McKellen

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful performance, 3 Feb. 2015
Wonderful performance by all concerned. Sound and video quality excellent. An interesting interview with Ian McKellen.

[Manufacturer Discontinued, New Version Priva II] Avantree Bluetooth transmitter with aptX low latency for wireless watch TV / movies. Connect to two headphones simultaneously - wireless transmitter - Priva

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally works well, 2 Feb. 2015
Once pairing is achieved this device does do a good job of transmitting a Bluetooth signal from my TV to my headphones. But initially I found the setting up to be somewhat problematic. Clearly other people have had similar difficulties. The instructions did not seem very clear and I had difficulty in finally establishing a foolproof procedure for pairing each time I used the system, as the device does not seem to have any pairing memory. When I finally achieved pairing, I always felt it was more by good luck than good judgement. Thereafter it worked well - until the next time I switch off!

The procedure that I established for myself is as follows: Set phones to pairing mode. Then switch on the Priva, which automatically goes into pairing mode. Wait for between seven and ten seconds, then bingo, pairing is achieved.

The alternative method recommended by Avantree, which reversed the process and switched the Priva to pairing mode before the phones, took far longer (up to a minute) and sometimes did not work. Perhaps it is a feature of my particular phones?

The first sample I received was faulty - there was no output from the right-hand channel - which was confusing when I was trying to set up the pairing. `Was the device really faulty or was it my headphones, or possibly my pairing procedure'. I was finally convinced it was the device at fault because my phones worked ok with my iPhone. However, I obtained a replacement Priva and all is now well and, when pairing is achieved, the device works well enough. Generally there is no loss of synch but this can be variable and occasionally a small time delay does occur. All in all, a difficult experience, requiring patience and much head scratching, made more confusing by receiving a faulty item in the first place.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2015 3:27 PM GMT

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing experience, 1 Feb. 2015
This is quite a well made and attractive device. Unfortunately I could not get it to work, ie it would not pair with my Bluetooth headphones. The flashing light indicated that it should be in pairing mode as were the headphones, but the pairing never happened. There was reference to setting the device to '0000' pairing mode, which I did not fully understand and anyway I could see no way of doing that. A disappointing experience. I reluctantly requested a refund.

iClever Bluetooth Transmitter, Wireless Portable Bluetooth Stereo Music Adapter Dongle with apt-X and apt-X Low Latency Technology for TV Desktop Laptop Tablet MP3/MP4 CD DVD and more other 3.5mm Audio Devices

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, 1 Feb. 2015
The seal was broken on the box which left me with the impression that this was a previously returned item. I could not get it to work, ie it would not pair with my headphones. They did offer me a replacement but by that time I had obtained a different device. I settled for a refund.

Bose ® AE2w Bluetooth Headphones - Black
Bose ® AE2w Bluetooth Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones, 29 Jan. 2015
Excellent headphones! Lightweight to wear. Comfortable on the ear. Detailed sound quality. Extended top end. Tight bass. I've run out of superlatives! Oh, and the Bluetooth is excellent with my iPhone and Bluetooth enabled TV. The only criticism is that the rechargeable battery does not last very long between charges. That apart, highly recommended.

2 Metre Premium Toslink Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Cable - Digital audio cable , Compatible with PS3,Sky HD, HDtvs, Blu-rays, AV Amps, Superior-grade optical fiber to deliver better clarity and transfer digital signal
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not such good value, 26 Jan. 2015
I thought initially that this cable represented very good quality for the price. It worked at first but then I experienced crackling and drop out in the sound. I fitted another cable and all was ok. Regrettably I will have to ask for a refund.

Hamlet (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1996]
Hamlet (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Branagh

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 21 Jan. 2015
Awesome! This production of Hamlet really is terrific and well worth seeing. Well acted by all concerned. This is the full production, fully four hours in length, but there is an intermission at about two and a half hours which provides a natural break. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20