Profile for A. Smith > Reviews

Content by A. Smith

A. Smith (Lancs, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Everyday Chicken Cookbook: Traditional, Contemporary, Classic and Adventurous Idea for Chicken and Turkey, with Every Recipe Shown Step-by-step in Over 2000 Colour Photographs (The Every Day)
by Simona Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite cookbooks of all time, 25 Jun 2014
Bought this book 4 years ago, thought I wrote a review for it as it is my favourite cookbook.

If you love chicken then this is your cookbook, you will not be disappointed at all. It is well written, with many pictures. You will find recipes for casseroles, chicken with rice, chicken cooked the french way, Chinese way, other Asian ways, spicy, non-spicy, wrapped, etc.

We have tried many recipes from this book, and there are pretty tasty.

Highly recommend this.

Food Mixer Dust Cover Blue - Suitable For All Kenwood Chef & Andrew James Food Mixers
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big...., 23 Jun 2014
The cover is too big for my Andrew James mixer, so it doesn't sit very well over it.

I still use it though, because it's functional - keeps my mixer free of dust.

NO COLD CALLERS DOOR STICKER/SIGN (NO JUNK MAIL, NO RELIGIONS) 21cm x 5cm
NO COLD CALLERS DOOR STICKER/SIGN (NO JUNK MAIL, NO RELIGIONS) 21cm x 5cm
Offered by Alex Whyte
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 23 Jun 2014
Had mine for over 6 months now, the sign still looks good, and no problem with the sticky bit whatsoever, so I'm happy with the purchase.

(It hasn't stopped ignorant people from posting junk mail through my letter box though)!

Tefal Ideal One Egg Wonder Frying Pan - Non Stick - 12cm
Tefal Ideal One Egg Wonder Frying Pan - Non Stick - 12cm
Offered by SelectiveGoods
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for dry frying spices or heating small amount of condiments, 22 Jun 2014
I didn't buy this to fry eggs, because for me this is way too small to fry egg in (make sure you look at a ruler/tape measure before buying this - it is small). But I do cook a lot of Asian food that requires spices like coriander seed, slices of gallangal, candle nuts, etc to be dry fried before blended.

The pan does the job well, and it is well balanced (doesn't tip over when put on a flat surface), easy to clean/wash, and only requires a small space in my kitchen cupboard.

A good buy.

(notes: I have used this to fry an egg, but it is not that easy to use a spatula to flip it anyway; so I prefer a bigger pan)

2 bay Warehouse Racking 5 Tier Shelving Heavy Duty 265kgs per Shelf
2 bay Warehouse Racking 5 Tier Shelving Heavy Duty 265kgs per Shelf
Offered by The Northshore Outlet
Price: 89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, one was difficult to assemble, 22 Jun 2014
Good strong product, stands well in my garage; however assembling wasn't without difficulties.

The product was delivered in 2 separate boxes. Came with installation manual, however the manual which was on a piece of paper wasn't readable as the paper was torn in places. And for us it was a job for 2 people.

The first one was very straightforward to put together, but the second one was bent in a few areas, made it quite tricky to assemble. It needed a bit of force to try and straightened it, and the top board still doesn't sit properly. I decided not to return it because it would've been too much hassle, besides I could still put heavy items on it with no problems.

Would still recommend it.

Le Creuset Stoneware Small Utensil Jar, Almond, 1.1 Litre
Le Creuset Stoneware Small Utensil Jar, Almond, 1.1 Litre
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product, 22 Jun 2014
As with other Le Creuset products, this Utensil Jar is of good quality and the design is chic. The colour is very neutral and fits in well with my other appliances.

The size is not too small, but not big enough to hold all my bits and pieces. I would've loved it if they also make a bigger one in this colour; which they didn't have when I bought this.

4" Raised Toilet Seat
4" Raised Toilet Seat
Offered by aids4mobility
Price: 11.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, does its job, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: 4" Raised Toilet Seat
This item is a necessity for me who had major spinal surgery and have difficulties sitting on low toilets. 4 inches is quite significant, so you might want to test whether this extra height is suitable for you or not.

The only reason I didn't put 5 stars is because it tends to move from side to side; and I didn't fix it on to the toilet, because it would've made cleaning the raiser as well as the toilet difficult. It might have been better if it was a better fit.

BETTY DAIN The Socialite Collection Shower Cap Safari Spots (Model: BDC5250)
BETTY DAIN The Socialite Collection Shower Cap Safari Spots (Model: BDC5250)
Offered by BeautySupply
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shower Cap, 22 Jun 2014
This Shower cup is big, comfortable, lovely design, and the material is comfortable and feels expensive. I've had it for 5 months now and really love it.

It was shipped from USA and took a while to get to my house, but well worth the wait. Highly recommend it!

Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Pink
Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 22 Jun 2014
Got this one when it was heavily discounted and makes my life a lot easier. It is light, good suction, easy to maneuver, last quite long (a few times of hoovering my rooms, and doesn't take forever to charge up.

Yes, it has got it limitations, as it doesn't do stairs or corners; but I've had an upright Dyson and all-in-one Vaxc and they have their own problems (and the Vax was just rubbish, no suction power when changed into a stairs vacuum).

So now I find the combination of this and an Electrolux Stairs and carvac cleans the house a lot better, with less effort.

Lakeland Dry-Soon Electric 3 Tier Heated Indoor Clothes Airer (Under 5p / Hour!)
Offered by Lakeland
Price: 92.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very good quality and pricey!, 22 Jun 2014
First of all, I bought this because I wanted to safe my energy usage during winter months, but it takes a long time for the clothes to dry, especially the thicker ones. Not sure I achieved my intentions, I then only hung thin laundry on it.

Secondly, within a month of owning this, my cat (small cat) was climbing this when it wasn't in use (folded) and it slipped; and when it reached the floor, one of the top flaps snapped off luckily on the side with non electric cable through it. I couldn't believe something this pricey is not made more robustly.

I can still use it to hang laundry, but I should've just gone for a much cheaper non electric version, because I still had to hang my thicker clothes on the radiators.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6