Profile for Electric Marylin > Reviews

Electric Marylin (U.K.)

Hope's Relief Goat's Milk Body Wash
Hope's Relief Goat's Milk Body Wash

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive skin, 9 May 2013
This is great for those of us who need a gentle body wash, only a small amount needed for a good lather. I will buy it again.

Umbra Waste Paper Bin - Skinny Red
Umbra Waste Paper Bin - Skinny Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small spaces!, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Umbra Waste Paper Bin - Skinny Red
If you lack room this skinny bin is great. Made of sturdy plastic. The handle comes in handy to lift out of tight spaces.

Generation Indigo
Generation Indigo

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Generation Indigo (Audio CD)
I wasn't around for X-ray Spex so not familiar with Ms Styrene's earlier stuff, I wish I was. A friend of mine recommended I buy this.

Its a Superb album! I basically haven't stopped playing it since I got it 3 days ago. Every song on the album is great, Its mega!

So refreshing to hear great uplifting pop with no compromise on lyrics. It's the soundtrack of my Spring. To everyone reading this review, buy it, you will be very happy you did and it will be the soundtrack of your Spring.

Poly, thank you!

The Orb And Youth Present: Impossible Oddities: The Story Of WAU! Mr Modo
The Orb And Youth Present: Impossible Oddities: The Story Of WAU! Mr Modo
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Orbtastic, 12 Nov 2010
As a massive fan of The Orb and someone lucky enough to have witnessed the acid house explosion first hand I was seriously looking forward to receiving this album. I'm pleased to say I wasn't disappointed as soon after putting CD1 in the player, the memories came flooding back! It's often forgotten that Alex Paterson was a DJ at South London squat parties in the 80s playing full on acid house before he went on to become the pioneer of ambient and chilled music as The Orb. I particularly enjoyed the dubbier tracks from Indica All Stars and Sound Iration which still sound relevant and fresh today. The Sun Electric track "O Locco" is also a killer that sounds like something Theo Parrish or Omar S would release today.

The added inclusion of the fold out poster with old DJ charts and press cuttings from back in the day plus the iconic cover and poster design from Jimmy Cauty, KLF and the Orb mix on disc three makes this a collectable slice of British dance music history well worth a purchase at under a tenner. What a treasure trove!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars " BRILLIANT', 23 May 2009
Don't hesitate, this is the best brush there is. Had an old style Philips Sonicare and thought it was time to upgrade. So I tried the Oral B Triumph for a change plus the good reviews it had, but it wasn't for me. This brush has a slim brush and handle which I find easier to use. My teeth have never looked cleaner! Well perhaps when I'd just left the hygienist they had. I'm happy with it and feel the upgrade was well worth it.

This Record Is Not To Be Broadcast - 75 Records Banned By The BBC 1931-57
This Record Is Not To Be Broadcast - 75 Records Banned By The BBC 1931-57

5.0 out of 5 stars How Times Have Changed, 18 May 2009
I'm glad this Cd has been reissued, I missed it the first time around. In this age of anything goes it's unbelievable that these songs were banned by the Beeb.

Britain Learns To Rock!
Britain Learns To Rock!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Move It", 18 May 2009
This review is from: Britain Learns To Rock! (Audio CD)
This is a great introduction to British Rock and Roll in it's infancy. With informative sleeve notes.

The 1958 British Hit Parade Part One: January - June
The 1958 British Hit Parade Part One: January - June

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Oldies, 18 May 2009
It's great to see this terrific series has been kept running by the new label Fantastic Voyage. Can't wait for 1959.

The First Three Albums
The First Three Albums

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Friends Revisited, 18 May 2009
This review is from: The First Three Albums (Audio CD)
It's great to be able to get Buddy Holly's first three albums on CD. My vinyl became worn out long ago. Cheers!