Profile for Irene Hortop. > Reviews

Reap The Harvest
Reap The Harvest
by Margaret Dickinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful trilogy., 24 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Reap The Harvest (Paperback)
I have just finished 'Reap The Harvest' the last in the trilogy which begins with
Plough The Field and then Sow The Seed. The writer takes you right into the minds of
the characters and the places during and after WW 2. I was totally enthrallled, sometimes sad
and sometimes happy.
I look forward to reading many more of her books, she is now one of my favourite authors.

Annie
Annie
by Valerie Wood

4.0 out of 5 stars Really liked it., 6 July 2011
This review is from: Annie (Paperback)
I have just finished 'Annie' and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Novels set in this period make you
grateful for the current times, such poverty way back then.
So I really recommend the story of Annie, though I do agree with the reviewer who said the dialect
was a little over the top, often slowing down the reading. But being a Northener I managed :-).

Janet Woods Collection 3 Books Set Pack RRP : 20.97 ( A Handful of Ashes, The Stonecutter's Daughter, Where Seagulls Soar) (Janet Woods)
by Janet Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars Janet Woods three books pack., 3 May 2011
I received Janet Woods 3 books very promptly. I actually wanted 'A Handful Of Ashes', the sequel to 'Beyond The Plough' which I read recently. Having the opportunity of buying 'A Handful Of Ashes' and two other Janet Woods books I bought all three. The other two being 'The Stonecutter's Daughter' and 'Where Seagulls Soar'.
I have now finished the saga of Siana and her trials and tribulations, fantastic books indeed. I now look forward to reading the latter two books. I love reading Janet Woods books and was very pleased to see that she lives close to me in Perth, Western Australia, but visits her home county in the UK quite often.
I will be buying more of her books from Amazon UK in the near future.