Profile for C. Hookey > Reviews

Content by C. Hookey

C. Hookey (west midlands)

Pro Baseline Football / Bike 2-Way Pump With 4 Needles & Hose
Pro Baseline Football / Bike 2-Way Pump With 4 Needles & Hose
Offered by The Online Stores
Price: 2.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 8 Oct 2012
I bought this for a science activity where we made a rocket out of an empty pop bottle. It worked fine and seems well made.

Lego Ninjago Lloyd ZX 9574
Lego Ninjago Lloyd ZX 9574
Offered by JustLego
Price: 28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys delighted, 8 Oct 2012
This review is from: Lego Ninjago Lloyd ZX 9574 (Toy)
Mt 8 and 10 year old boys are addicted to Ninjago at present - 8 year old chose Ninjago as his birthday party theme, and both boys had entirely ninjago birthday lists! As far as I can see, it is just about the same as all the other Ninjago spinner kits, but they are very keen to have as many different ones as possible, and spend considerable periods of time playing with them together, so no complaints from me (except the usual fairly steep lego prices!)

Doctor Who Personalise Your Sonic Screwdriver Set
Doctor Who Personalise Your Sonic Screwdriver Set
Offered by Top Toy Chest
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but hasn't maintained interest, 30 Oct 2011
Boys loved playing with this, changing the look of their sonics, etc. My 7 year old's review is "It is really really good" But after a few days it has gone in the cupboard and not yet come back out!I'm fairly hopeful it will recapture interest at a later date.

Treasure Island (BBC Audio)
Treasure Island (BBC Audio)
by Robert Louis Stevenson
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 7.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Great listening, 12 April 2011
A great retelling of a classic story which kept my husband and I, and our 8 and 6 year old sons, happily entertained on a couple of long car journeys.

James and the Giant Peach
James and the Giant Peach
by Roald Dahl

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bed time reading, 12 April 2011
A classic - fun for me as well as my 6 year old. Attacked by sharks, transported by seagulls, what will happen to James and his giant insect companions next?

Merlin - Complete Series 1 Box Set [DVD]
Merlin - Complete Series 1 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Morgan
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 11.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Good family viewing, 25 Feb 2011
My husband and I and our 2 boys 8 and 6 have really enjoyed this series. It is well made, fast moving and full of magic and swords - perfect for boys!

Transformers The Movie [1986] [DVD]
Transformers The Movie [1986] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Chain
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Good movie but a bit dated, 8 Oct 2009
My 7 year old enjoyed this but it was a bit slow moving for my 5 year old who got bored half way through and didn't want to watch it again