Profile for Some Guy Called Some Guy > Reviews

Content by Some Guy Calle...

Some Guy Called Some Guy (London)

Acid Country
Acid Country

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Heaton, 12 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Acid Country (Audio CD)
Being a life long fan of Paul Heaton's work through the Beautiful South (I discovered the Housemartins after and I love their body of work too) I waited so long for this album and it didn't disappoint me in the least. Some of it does sound different from his previous work, but the songs are all great or better than great. It's pace is slower than The Cross Eyed Rambler, but Acid Country is just as good. I was going to put "I can't wait for album number three/four (depends if you count's Fat Chance as canon)" but with TCER and this to listen to, time is gonna fly by.

Geek the Girl
Geek the Girl
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazinlgy moving, terrifying album, 3 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Geek the Girl (Audio CD)
Terrifying not just because of THAT track, but also because of how honest and raw it is. A little jollier than some of her work, but still just as intense. Her voice on the first track, so broken and hurt... yet I can't stop listening to it.

Manchester
Manchester
Offered by themusicmerchant

5.0 out of 5 stars A grower, 8 May 2006
This review is from: Manchester (Audio CD)
When I first heard this single I wasn't immediately impressed. It seemed a little weak but soon I couldn't get it out of my head and now I know all the words and listen to it alot. It's a great single and I can't for the new album, I have a feeling it's going to be a good'un. The B-side is also quite good and sees the South going in a new direction. Good music by a superb and hideously underrated band.