Profile for Andrew > Reviews

Content by Andrew

Andrew

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Standard Edition (Xbox 360)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Standard Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Springwood Media
Price: 13.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great game for Square Enix, 12 Mar 2013
I have played many of Square Enix's games especially the Final Fantasy series, all since Final Fantasy 7 (except the online versions) and generally love them all. This one is a great sequel to it's predecessor, that said, my opinion is that this game is so much better than Final Fantasy 13 in many ways, the story is great and really draws you into it and just makes you want to keep playing to find out how it progresses, whilst I felt that FF13 was so very lacking.

I was happy to see all the characters from FF13 make an appearance in this game, even if only for a short period of time. I find that the game play itself is a lot better than the one before it as on this one you have the choice to go where you wish instead of the never-go-back style of FF13, however it is much shorter than it's predecessor - I clocked it at a little over 20 hours - but still much more enjoyable. I was glad they reintroduced gil (game money) reward for battles as getting large amounts of money needed on FF13 was (in my opinion) incredibly difficult, while on this you could get a large amount from just going through the game levels and not having to go through 100's of battles to earn a small amount. The game itself - I found - was very easy, even on normal mode, you didn't have to spend vast amounts of time killing everything you see to get past any of the bosses, you 'levelled up' very quickly by just going through the game and doing the occasional side quest, the real difficulty lies after you complete the game to get the original ending. I'll try not to spoil anything for anyone, but after you complete the game you have the chance to redo all boss battles using something called 'paradox scope' and this basically puts the game on super,super hard mode, as I generally like to call it, but by doing so you can unlock more interesting things - i.e levels/weapons/endings - that are unavailable without doing so.

My opinon is that you could play this game without having to play the first to understand what is going on, as I don't think there were to many references to the first that you wouldn't understand without having played FF13, so you could play this as a stand alone game, but I would recommend playing FF13 beforehand to fully know the back story and why things happened the way they did.

Raiken Apparel Flex Fleece Full Zip Hoody Hooded Top Mens Size M - Black
Raiken Apparel Flex Fleece Full Zip Hoody Hooded Top Mens Size M - Black
Offered by ETHIC-STAR Limited
Price: 9.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 21 Feb 2012
Very happy with this product, ordered it on Sunday, got it on Tuesday so very quick delivery.

It fits perfectly, just be aware that its a tad tight around the arms, I like it but if you don't like wearing tight clothing you may wish to buy a size up.

Overall a very good purchase and for a very good price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2012 2:44 PM BST