Profile for Oakwell > Reviews

Content by Oakwell

Oakwell (Cheshire, UK)

Audio Dynamix- The PULSE V2 Stereo Rechargeable Bluetooth V4.0 Speaker. Dual Pulse Bass Radiators, 15+hr playtime and 20 metre range, compatible with all Apple, Android and Windows devices
Offered by Audio Dynamix Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Striking design, excellent sound, 23 Oct. 2014
I have used the Pulse for a few days only but so far I'm very pleased with it. The striking design and the brushed aluminium finish gives it a premium appearance - the bi-coloured cables are a nice touch. I'm still running it in but the overall sound is excellent and I have paired it very easily via Bluetooth with a number of different audio sources. Although unimportant from an audio perspective, the unit came in upmarket packaging which further adds to the impression that considerable care has been taken in the development and manufacture, and that I have purchased a high quality device. I'm very impressed with the Pulse and would recommend the unit to anyone looking for wireless speakers.

The Ultimate Digital Music Guide: The Best Way to Store, Organize, and Play Digital Music

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 23 Jan. 2013
Although I've been dabbling in digital music for some years, I bought this book on Kindle in advance of making a bigger investment in this rapidly evolving and complex field. Importantly, this edition is up to date and, although American in its perspective, I guess most of the hardware, software and services it describes, often in some detail, are available globally. I would recommend it to anyone with more than a passing interest in the subject, and who wants to listen to digital music on anything other than a smart phone. One word of warning: good as this book is, it still didn't quite prepare me for the frustrating time I'm having in getting all the elements in my relatively simple configuration, working together satisfactorily. But then I don't think any single book could - digital entertainment in the home is still a minefield where the various competing factions seem to do everything they can to make it very difficult for the average consumer to get a grip on reality. My advice, however, is to read this book before entering the fray!

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Southwest USA & Las Vegas
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Southwest USA & Las Vegas
by Atherton
Edition: Flexibound

4.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent Eyewitness guide, 6 Jun. 2011
We have been using DK Eyewitness guides for over 10 years as the main source of travel information to support our travels all over the world. They are very informative and usually up-to-date and accurate. If we have a minor gripe it is that they're quite heavy to carry around!For this reason we sometimes supplement them with a copy of the relevant DK Top Ten guide. We're currently on a three week tour of Southwest USA and the DK Travel guide to Southwest USA & Las Vegas is an essential companion.

The Ridges of England, Wales and Ireland: Scrambles, Rock Climbs and Winter Routes
by Dan Bailey

4.0 out of 5 stars A Useful Guide, 3 Aug. 2009
I have many guide books already but this one did identify more scrambling routes in England and Wales, and in addition gave more information on routes covered elsewhere. I found it particularly informative about ridges in Ireland as I'm not aware of these being covered in such detail elsewhere.