Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Building Electric Guitars: How to Make Solid-Body, Hollow-Body and Semi-Acoustic Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars
by Martin Koch
Price: 19.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking of building a guitar? This book is for you!, 4 Mar 2014
I've built a few guitars and in the process I've read lots about the subject. There aren't that many books and this one is probably the most comprehensive whilst staying easy to read.

It's clear, easy to understand, and offers more than one way of doing the various little jobs that need to be tackled during instrument construction. Throughout the book you really pick up the passion that Martin has for guitars and the building of them.
He takes you from how to select the wood for the project right through to winding your own pick-ups. So if you're interested in how guitars are made, thinking of building one then you won't go far wrong with this book!

TPCP-60 Electric Guitar Kit DIY Project with Set Neck
TPCP-60 Electric Guitar Kit DIY Project with Set Neck
Offered by Guitar-Warehouse
Price: 139.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the easiest kit for a beginner, 4 Mar 2014
I've built a few kits, and I was asked to build this one for a friend. Money wise it is quite good value in that apart from a few tools, everything you need is in the box. The delivery was nice and quick.

Building - Well, as stated it doesn't come with any instructions. Why? I've no idea because it really wouldn't add to the cost of the package. Despite this minor issue there are loads of websites and forums that can offer help with this.

Quality - The flame top veneer looks nice, it's just a shame there were quite a few areas that had been glue locked when the binding was fitted in the factory. Because it's a very thin veneer you can't sand these out which means you have to opt for a dark colour around the edges to hide this. There were also quite a few dents and dings in the body which were hard to spot till a shiny finish was applied (hence the 4 *s) but honestly for the money you pay it's not that bad!
The neck was a little bent but a quick tweak of the truss rod fixed that. The frets were not level (they never have been on any of these kits I've built) so you will need to level and dress the frets to make it playable when assembled.

Bridge - This is probably the trickiest part of the whole kit. Ideally you should have access to a drill press to get this done accurately. I would recommend you look at this site to work out where the bridge goes - projectelectricguitar. com/how-to-install-tune-o-matic-bridge-posts/

Wiring - A hole had to be drilled to access the switch cavity. The pick-ups are obviously cheap but okay sounding, especially if you change the supplied 0.047uF capacitors to some decent 0.022uF ones which will cost only a couple of quid. The controls were pre-wired which limits how the guitar is wired. It had a few poor solder joints which would have needed redoing had I not stripped it down to rewire it to my preference.

Conclusion - Don't expect fine pieces of wood and electrical components. Good quality luthier wood in uncut blocks could cost you as much as this whole kit. The electrics are cheap, and as with the wood, a decent set of pick-ups can cost nearly as much as this kit however you can easily up grade these if you wish to.

Overall - If you want to build a guitar, have patience and a few tools, great fun and great results can be had easily with these kits. The first one I built was with my 10 year old daughter and we had a fab time with it!

Good luck :-)

Sprague Orange Drop Capacitor .022uf for Strat Tele Gibson Etc..
Sprague Orange Drop Capacitor .022uf for Strat Tele Gibson Etc..
Offered by Northwest Guitars Ltd
Price: 2.08

5.0 out of 5 stars These will open your ears!, 4 Dec 2013
After doing some research I chose these to upgrade the caps in my self build Les Paul project. What a difference!!! The pickups sound as clear as a bell with no hint of muddiness often found with 0.47uf caps. I shall be using these in my next project!

Nursing Research: Principles, Process and Issues
Nursing Research: Principles, Process and Issues
by Kader Parahoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Studying a research module?, 4 Dec 2013
This book has been an invaluable resource in my Evaluating Research module for my BSc Hons. Parahoo writes in a style that is incredibly easy to read and with a subject depth that leaves you in no doubt that the author is a leading light in the Research subject.

Littlepod Pure Chocolate Extract 100 ml
Littlepod Pure Chocolate Extract 100 ml
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 4 Dec 2013
I used this in a homebrew chocolate stout and it tasted sublime, almost like drinking liquid Green & Blacks 70% chocolate!

New Dell Inspiron 1545 DC Power Jack USB Ethernet Board
New Dell Inspiron 1545 DC Power Jack USB Ethernet Board
Offered by am24okbuy 15-25 working days shipping
Price: 10.89

2.0 out of 5 stars This didn't fit my Dell 1545, 4 Dec 2013
Whilst this DC power board looked similar to the original, the mother board connector was about 0.5mm out of line and wouldn't fit, so I had to return for a refund.

The vendor assures me that there are 10 different mother boards for the 1545 so some variance does occur...

Cortez Premium Replacement Trampoline Jump Bounce Mat - 8ft, 10ft, 12ft or 14ft - High Quality
Price: 30.00 - 69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent customer service, 21 May 2013
When I purchased this trampoline mat it was not clear on the advert that it would not fit a trampoline with the standard 7.5" springs. It mentioned once much further down the page. After contacting Fun4Kids about my mis-purchase they offered me a return/refund or a special deal on a new set of correct size springs.
They were always very prompt with email replies and very helpful.
It's also good to see that the advert has now been changed and clearly highlights the spring size required.

M009S 8GB NATPC M009S 8GB Capacitive Android 4.2 (JELLY BEAN) , 7" ,Dual Core (2 x 1.5 GHz) Super Slim Android Tablet PC with Responsive Capacitive Screen - Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook - HD 2160P - now with 8GB Storage and SKYPE VIDEO calling

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money, you can't beat this!, 19 Jan 2012
I wanted something I could take to work and use whilst out and about. I wanted it to be relatively cheap so I wouldn't be too upset if it gets broken, lost or stolen so I tried this tablet. What can I say, for about 100 you can't go wrong. The unit I got actually has a bigger HDD than described, it works quickly and smoothly. The internet via wifi is as fast as I need, the office apps I downloaded work well with the usb keyboard case I also bought. The video is crisp and the sound is surprisingly clear.

The book reader and kindle work well and pages turn smoothly.
The games that came with it also work very smoothly with crisp graphics

I haven't tried skype as this is not something I have a need for at the moment but from other reviews I've read it seems to work well if the unit is upgraded to the latest version of skype.

I have also yet to try the G3 function, which I don't actually need as my mobile has 'local wifi hotspot' function so I simply log the tablets wifi on to my phone and use this to access the internet on the move.

Conclusion - It's not an iPad and isn't as fast but then it costs a third of the price so you can't complain.

PS I am going to try a usb GPS dongle and see how well the mapping works and will update this review accordingly when I have.

Hope this helps
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2012 6:06 PM GMT

Slash (Special Edition)
Slash (Special Edition)
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Sep 2011
I've long been a fan of Slash since his GnR days and this album just shows how he has grown over the years. He's obviously put a lot of thought into the people he's used and worked with!

FoneM8 - Blackberry Bold 9800 Dedicated Windscreen Mount Car Holder Kit INCLU...
Offered by FoneM8store
Price: 1.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared to modify, 21 July 2010
I bought this item without reading the comments which I really should have done. As everyone else says this product does NOT properly fit a blackberry 9700 (a bit of research on the Haicom website shows that the cradle (hi-003) is actually for the O2 XDA Orbit smartphone). However the windscreen clamp/arm seems to work well and for the price and 10 minutes with a hacksaw and small file the cradle works fine too. I altered the function of the side switches to Media and Maps so I can flick between the MP3 player and GPS navigation programs without having to go through the menus.

Hope this helps