Profile for Mona Crisp > Reviews

You're Only Young Twice
You're Only Young Twice
by Quentin Blake

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the children..., 9 Jun. 2013
After years of buying Quentin Blake picture books, and enjoying sharing them with our children, it was a real delight to discover this one as I (and friends) approach our own special ages.

Why Should I Be the First to Change?: The Key to a Loving Marriage
Why Should I Be the First to Change?: The Key to a Loving Marriage
by Nancy Missler

2.0 out of 5 stars Only if you're a woman ..., 12 Mar. 2013
I admire Chuck Missler's Bible teaching, and we were both looking forward to the book we thought had been described on the cover and in your presentation - joint .advice from a wise husband and wife on the keys to a loving christian marriage.

We were therefore both very disappointed to discover that Chuck Missler had no obvious part in the book - it was simply advice to wives from Nancy Missler, and the copyright is in her name only. As far as I could see Chuck Missler's only role was to appear in photos and to receive a dedication from his wife. And the only male contribution seemed to be from her fellow passenger on an aeroplane (I believe), who explained to her what he as a man needed in a wife.,
(Maybe if we had gender in the English language we would have realised that the 'I' who needed to change in the title was exclusively female, but there was nothing in the description to warn of this.)
I certainly didn't find it a helpful book - my husband even less so!

Perhaps she should change the joint names on her cover, which misleadingly implies that Chuck is a co-author.
Amazon should CERTAINLY change the name of the author on their advert, and also check that no other books in the series have similarly been wrongly attributed.