Profile for G. Mackenzie > Reviews

Content by G. Mackenzie

G. Mackenzie "Grimsdale" (Brighton, UK)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Stiching came apart, 6 Jan 2014
Arrived on time and as described but after 2 days of wearing the stiching came apart, quickly followed by the slipper, I have returned and hope for a re-fund

The Death of Integrity (Space Marine Battles)
The Death of Integrity (Space Marine Battles)
by Guy Haley

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 15 Nov 2013
Brings together 2 Chapters of Space marines as well as my favorite pantomime villains the Priests of Mars, builds up good characters and a decent story line, plenty of action nice twists in the plot, all in all well worth the price, I also agree its not as good as the Battle of the Fang but that was a special book.

Mark of Calth (The Horus Heresy)
Mark of Calth (The Horus Heresy)
by Laurie Goulding

1.0 out of 5 stars Shameless extortion from Black Library, 2 Sep 2013
I have purchased all of the Horus Heresy instalments so far and by and large enjoyed them all but on this occasion I was so annoyed with Black Library I had to write in, this book has no relevance to the storyline of the Horus Heresy and is just a blatant attempt to take the money out of the pockets of loyal fans, it's a collection of rambles with little action, no cohesion and in some cases unimaginative writing, what's next the thoughts of the bloke cleaning the toilets in the Imperial Palace once Rogal Dorns used them, the only reason I can see to buy this book is to keep a door ajar, Black Library have increased the size of the books, increased the font size, increased the price but decreased the quality of the content, ok the art work is excellent but I don't want artwork, I want a book that I can easily smuggle to the toilet at work or read on the train, I put up with it for last few books as they were a decent read but this is just a very poor joke, if they keep this up I am off to reading something else............

Company Of Heroes: Tales of Valor (PC)
Company Of Heroes: Tales of Valor (PC)
Offered by smeikalbooks

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if your a single player fan, 21 May 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
If, like myself you do not fancy playing online but like to sit back and enjoy a good old fight with the AI in Campaign mode (allows frequent pauses to rejoin the real world) then forget this game and buy Dawn of War 2 or Men of War, I finished this game in campaign mode in about 3 hours, it left me feeling like i had payed for the drinks all night but didnt even get a kiss, very dissapointed.