Profile for Deeclutter > Reviews

The Dukan Diet
The Dukan Diet
by Dr Pierre Dukan

5.0 out of 5 stars Dukan - 15 months in and still working, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Dukan Diet (Paperback)
I bought the book on a whim 15 months' ago after seeing it in the Amazon top 10 and how glad I am that I did. Like many other reviewers I have tried all the diets. What worked for me was the sense of being controlled (as Dr Dukan says in the book, we over-indulgers respond well to it) mixed with a feeling of freedom to choose from a large list of allowed foods. Yes, I felt ill on Day Three, but that passed. Yes, I needed Fybogel in the early days. What has changed for me, with the help of the book - I read it several times and keep going back to it as a reminder - is the way I now view carbs. I still have them (being on Phase 4 - rest of life) but don't crave them as I did. I reached the realistic target weight last New Year, and have sustained it since. The online coaching is a help though you really can do it with just the book. Highly recommended!

Neris and India's Idiot-proof Diet
Neris and India's Idiot-proof Diet
by India Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a diet book - also a great read!, 17 Jan 2007
I bought this after reading about it in the Sunday Times and seeing how high up the Amazon best sellers it already was. Well worth buying - I was gripped and read it in a single session. I found I could really empathise with India and Neris, especially Neris' experience of previous diets, and get caught up in their enthusiasm and success. If you liked 'The Hungry Years', exploring the old carb addiction thing, you will enjoy the rationale behind this diet - in particular phasing back in some of the 'problem' food. This seems a much more workable and realistic (even enjoyable) way of eating than Atkins. Can't wait to give it a go; I'm especially looking forward to Phase 2 when the dark chocolate comes in.