Profile for alessandro > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Demon Seed
Demon Seed

3.0 out of 5 stars Early Koontz, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Demon Seed (Kindle Edition)
One of his first books, far less captivating of some of his best novels koontz did write after, but if you are a fan of Mr Koontz as I am, than is worth reading,it has enough in it to keep you interested, and it is so short that can be read in a day or two.

Odd Hours (Odd Thomas 4)
Odd Hours (Odd Thomas 4)
by Dean Koontz

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant Odd surprise..., 21 Mar. 2015
I love Dean Koontz and I loved the first Odd Thomas novel , but after reading the second and third book of the series I was a bit sceptical on this one, but I have to say that koontz surprised me once more managing to put together a decent book, maybe because few years are passed between this book and the previous one of the series and new ideas and a lot of mystery are thrown in this book and managed to make me laugh as well few times. Koontz leave us with many questions on what is happening now in Odd's life and who this new companion is and why she knows so much of our hero's life. Cant wait to start the next book.

After the End
After the End
by Bonnie Dee

2.0 out of 5 stars finally it ends......, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: After the End (Paperback)
This book is not particularly bad, is just very cliche' , there is a zombie outbrake, a group of survivors find themself together some will do it some will not, add up a scientist with a possible answer, a bit of romance and sex, a spoon of violence and gore, a supermarket , a bunch of hard to kill zombie.....shake it and that is it.....a zombie book..... None and I mean none of all those ingredients is well cared, there is no going deep in anything, and at the end is all very very boring. I think Miss Dee should stick to her genre of fiction that is erotic/romance novels and leave this genre for when she will get few ideas.

Monster Island: A Zombie Novel
Monster Island: A Zombie Novel
by David Wellington

1.0 out of 5 stars monster rubbish!!!, 8 Jan. 2013
Love Zombie books? Stay far away from this one.I often read Wellington's name in other Zombie books review and then I confidently started reading this book....................should never have done that, is absolutely awful, shame because the first few chapters were not too bad, the ideas where actually very good but then, a sort of a half formed zombies shows up, ancient half gods thinking mummies take control, osessed with building a temple? Be warned this is nothing as a "real" good zombie story Romero style, but a shockingly silly zombie end of the world version not worth a penny.

Down the Road: A Zombie Horror Story (Special Edition)
Down the Road: A Zombie Horror Story (Special Edition)
by Bowie Ibarra

1.0 out of 5 stars awful!!!! one star is a star to much!!!!, 6 Dec. 2012
lately I have been reading quite a few zombie/apocalyptic books and this is so far the worst, the story is shallow, Ibarra vision of a world devasted by a zombie plague is absurd and not at all convincing, nothing work in this book,a complete waste of money and time. My twelve years old son would have done better Shallow shallow.

Sanctus
Sanctus

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanctus, 5 stars side-pool book!, 25 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Sanctus (Kindle Edition)
I read this book during my week holiday on a side-pool, all I needed was a fast pacing, fun, entertaining book, something to relax to in the sunshine, and this book has revealed itself as a perfect book for my holiday.
Probably not a memorable book but I had good fun reading it and enjoy it till the end that very often in these kind of books doesn't pay for all the suspense.

Micro
Micro

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this a joke...?, 31 May 2012
This review is from: Micro (Kindle Edition)
this book is everything a bad book can be, boring and predictable story not even worth it for a low budget eighties family movie, the characters are all totally unbelievable almost grotesque, I only feel sorry for the good name of Mr Crichton and I am sure he would never want this book published, never! This book is soooo bad that I don't have anything else to say....

The Gargoyle
The Gargoyle
by Andrew Davidson

3.0 out of 5 stars What a dilemma, 22 May 2011
This review is from: The Gargoyle (Paperback)
I spent almost the entire time when I was reading the book wondering, what book is this? Where will I shelf it, with the fantasy books or the fiction? Or maybe I should add it at the pile destinated to the local charity shop?.......... In the meanwhile I kept reading wondering when something similar to a twist was going to happen and reading and reading I reached the end, and left me with all my questions unanswered......so difficult to judge how many stars I sholud rate this book when honestly I dont know if I liked it or not,so I will go for 3 at the moment that I finished it and, I hate to say that, I might have liked the end , although I sensed it was coming pages before the last.

A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3 Part 1)
A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3 Part 1)
by George R. R. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Could this saga get better?, 18 May 2011
After the first two books I was wondering could this get it any better? And the answer is simply yes! In this third part of the "A song of Ice and fire R R Martin once again plays his magic and write another mesmerizing chapter in the story of the seven kingdoms. A master piece...............

Beyond The Shadows: Book 3 of the Night Angel
Beyond The Shadows: Book 3 of the Night Angel
by Brent Weeks

1.0 out of 5 stars boooooring.............., 12 May 2011
I really really loved the first book, rushed to get the second one as soon finished it.
Liked the second one. And then..........I dont know if it was me but the third one got me so bored that I really couldnt get to finish it, the same characters that I cared for in the first book and followed in the second, seems to loose consistency, I cant believe that this book was written from the same person who did the first two.....and camon the biblical passion ways that kylar face his deaths.....too over the top also for a fantasy book, and at the end I couldnt care less for what it was going to happen to them and the story, closed the book at page 500 and didnt open it since.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3