Profile for Dan > Reviews

Plastic IDC insertion tool
Offered by PC Supplies Limited
Price: 1.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but has a few niggles., 5 May 2014
When using this item I found that it did not insert wire fully into the connectors. The first time wires are pressed down into connectors if I wiggle the wire it pops out from the connector. Pressing down a few times eventually get a good grip on the wire and it stays in place.

Resident Evil Revelations (Xbox 360)
Resident Evil Revelations (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gamesbuyer
Price: 15.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best RE game., 5 May 2014
Resident Evil are my favourite games (not RE6 though).
I won't go into in-depth details but to me this game seems like it had been rushed in the development stage.
I found the gameplay a bit laboured and not as engaging as previous RE games.
Being a big fan of the series I would not say this is a bad game. I wouldn't say I wasted money buying the game. I am glad I didn't pay full price for it as I think if Capcom had spent a bit more time on it they could of made it better.

BitDefender Internet Security 2013 - 3 User 1 Year (PC)
BitDefender Internet Security 2013 - 3 User 1 Year (PC)
Price: 33.55

1.0 out of 5 stars I would not recommend this product., 25 Sep 2013
Since installing Bitdefender there has been nothing but problems.
Start up and shut down times have increased.
Webpages hang and take a long time to load or do not load at all.
Videos take longer to load or do not load at all. Especially on youtube.
Windows action centre sometimes reports I have no virus protection or Firewall installed.
Updates take 10 minutes to download and install hogging the system in the process.
The most alarming thing is recently Bitdefender stops responding and leaves me with no virus or firewall protection whatsoever. As you know having a laptop or PC with no protection is the worst thing you can do.
I have contacted their support regarding these issues who were a bit slow to respond.
They have told me to uninstall other programs I have running, send them logs and repair Bitdefender. All the problems are still there after carrying out their instructions.
Security products are meant to be installed and then left running in the background without you having to worry about them. This has been the case with all the other security products i have had but sadly not with Bitdefender.
I am now going to uninstall Bitdefender and install a different security package and try to get a refund for this product as being left with absolutely no protection when Bitdefender decides it is going to stop working is unacceptable to me.
Running Windows 7 with 8gb RAM. 1gb Nvidia graphics card. Download speed of 11mbps.

Yousave Accessories PU Leather Flip Cover Case for Nokia Lumia 920 - Black
Yousave Accessories PU Leather Flip Cover Case for Nokia Lumia 920 - Black
Price: 10.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 2 July 2013
I bought this case 3 months ago. So far nothing has gone wrong with it. The stitching is still in place and has not come apart. I chose this case because the fastener is on the top to the left. This means the headphone socket is easily accessible and the phone can be placed in my pocket with the headphones attached. I can also open the case with one hand.
When i first got the case there was a chemical smell. This has now gone. The case does add a bit of size to the phone. The sides overlap the phone slightly. The bad points are there is no opening on the bottom of the case to plug the charger in.You need the case open to charge. The worst point is the buttons on the phone are very hard to access with the case closed or open. There are openings cut in the plastic for the buttons but the buttons sit very close to the top of these openings and are very fiddly to press. I fixed this by using nail clippers to cut away the plastic at the top of these openings and then used the file attachment of the nail clippers to smooth where i had cut. Because the blades of the nail clippers are curved i got a nice rounded cuts in the plastic and these are really smooth and don't catch on clothing.
If you don't want an expensive looking case, don't mind customising it with nail clippers and don't mind adding a few millimetres to the size of the phone then this will be good for you.

SQUARE ADHESIVE RUBBER STICK-ON FEET SMALL NON-SLIP NEW
SQUARE ADHESIVE RUBBER STICK-ON FEET SMALL NON-SLIP NEW
Offered by Electromart-UK
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Do what there meant to., 2 July 2013
I ordered these and the first order got lost in the post. I contacted the seller who dispatched another set and these arrived quickly. I have only given these 4 stars as there's not really much you can say about them. They do what there meant to do and so far have stayed stuck.

Redhawk WD884 Superwork navy blue trousers, 36 inch waist and small leg length, EACH
Offered by Hirst Footwear Limited
Price: 15.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Fluff magnets., 2 July 2013
Delivery was quick. They arrived 2 days after ordering. The material is thick and hard wearing. The material is the shiny type and attracts dust and fluff like a magnet. Even after washing there is still fluff stuck to the trousers. They are work trousers so if you don't mind having dust and fluff covered work trousers then these will be good for you.

Orthotic insoles arch supports joint pain used by NHS, all sizes available including Size Large/9-11.5 UK
Offered by Active Orthotics
Price: 10.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Work Well., 2 July 2013
Out of the blue my right foot became really uncomfortable and painful at times. My doctor diagnosed fallen arches and recommended supports. I ordered these and they arrived 2 days later. These really worked and as soon as i started wearing them the pain subsided and i now have no pain at all. The reason i have given them 4 stars is the little blue pads in the heal area fell out. I glued them back in place. It was only a slight inconvenience. All in all these are a good product and 6 months on they are still working for me. I would recommend them.

Kitchencraft Colourworks Oil and Vinegar Pump Spray (Colour May Vary)
Kitchencraft Colourworks Oil and Vinegar Pump Spray (Colour May Vary)
Offered by Colanders FBA
Price: 8.26

1.0 out of 5 stars It's raining Olive oil., 18 July 2012
Mine exploded showering the whole kitchen in olive oil.And no i hadn't pumped it and not used it. I pumped it, used it and then left it on the work surface.

2METER XO PLATINUM HDMI TO HDMI Cable *New 1.4a Version High-Speed with ETHERNET and 3D 15.2GPS* FULL HD 1080p High-Speed with ETHERNET and 3D 15.2GPS for XBOX 360, PS3, SKYHD, VIRGIN BOX, DVD, BLU-RAY, HDTV, LCD, LED, PLASMA

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy., 25 July 2010
I bought one of these to connect my HD box to tv. Picture and sound transfer is good. No blocky picture or choppy sound. Picture is bright and colourful and HD is clear and crisp.
The build feels pretty robust. The connectors feel like solid metal and cable sheath is thick and well protected.
Very happy with this cable. Proves you don't need expensive cables to get good transfer.