Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Pooh's Pal" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Elephant & Castle: A History
Elephant & Castle: A History
by Stephen Humphrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 1 Nov 2013
Coming from the Elephant & Castle this book was a must. Great reading from a man who knows his stuff.

Karrimor Men's Bodmin Ii Mid Weathertite Light Mink Walking Boot K300Lmk155 9 Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Repeat Order, 1 Nov 2013
Partner is a Postie and these are the only walking shoes he can wear without having to 'wear them in' and thus getting blisters.

In fact they are so good, that many others in his office are now wearing them.

BRILLIANT

White Corridor: (Bryant & May Book 5)
White Corridor: (Bryant & May Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite, 22 Oct 2013
I have read all the Bryant & May books over the years as they came out.

And am now re-reading them all in order (not done originally!)

This book would have been 100% better without the 'french/london' storyline. It was only when re-reading it that I remembered I had not really enjoyed it first time round.

In fact, I have skipped all of this storyline this time. And it has not affected my enjoyment or the storyline as a whole, for me at all.

If you are reading them in order, let me guarantee you, this was a slight hiccup. They get better and better, in fact the next one The Victoria Vanishes is one of my favourites...

The Cuckoo Clock
The Cuckoo Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story yet again, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Cuckoo Clock (Kindle Edition)
Yet another great genealogical story from John Nixon. Love the way he interweaves several stories from total strangers and the resultant connections. And loved the twist at the end about the clock.

Hope Mr. Nixon is going to give us more of these style stories. Comparable to Dan Waddell and Steve Robinson (and from me that is saying something!!).

One problem - he mentions a woman in 1955 getting Family Allowance, now if he means child benefit, that is wrong, you never got that for the first child until around 1969. I know I was born in 1953 and my parents got nothing, in fact it was not brough in for the first child until the year I left school (1969).
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2013 4:08 PM BST

Interdental Pick
Interdental Pick

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it say on the box, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Interdental Pick (Personal Care)
Only 4 stars are the handle is a little too flexible.

But for getting your teeth thoroughly clean inbetween (flossing does not get everything) especially from the back, this is a great addition to any tooth hygiene regime.

The Queen of Scots Mystery (Pitkirtly Mysteries Book 6)
The Queen of Scots Mystery (Pitkirtly Mysteries Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent again, 16 Sep 2013
Cecilia Peartree with her stories set in Pitkirtly has really hit the mark

Best read from the beginning of the series, so you get to know the characters (and boy are there some characters!!)

Great mysteries, with humour as well.

Do yourself a favour and visit Pitkirtly, you will not be disappointed.

Valentined (Essie Cobb Senior Sleuth Mysteries Book 3)
Valentined (Essie Cobb Senior Sleuth Mysteries Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to grow into Essie, 16 Sep 2013
Although only 4 books in this series (no idea if anymore to come)

I have laughed my way through all 4. Best read in order, I read 4 then 3 by mistake.

Essie and her friends are a breath of fresh air. She is an amateur sleuth with a walking frame.

Cannot recommend highly enough.

Scandal In Prior's Ford: Number 4 in series (Prior's Ford Novel Series)
Scandal In Prior's Ford: Number 4 in series (Prior's Ford Novel Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Priors Ford - I want to live there!!, 16 Sep 2013
Am reading these books in order and am really enjoying them, and now by number 4 feel I know many of the main protaganists in the village.

I thought I was going to read some cosy, village life books and can honestly say that I have been greatly surprised. Yes they are set in what appears to be a cosy village, but occassionally horrible things happen and that cosy life is knocked for six.

Am about to start No. 5. and really looking forward to the next chapter of the lives of the folk in Priors Ford.

Death in High Circles (The Falconer Files - File 10)
Death in High Circles (The Falconer Files - File 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars When does 11 come out???, 16 Sep 2013
Just love this books.

And this one has for me been the best. With Falconer really coming of age emotionally.

Do start with Book 1 and work your way through, they are excellent. And do provide a good laugh at times as well.

Cannot recommend highly enough.

Seventy-Seven Clocks: (Bryant & May Book 3)
Seventy-Seven Clocks: (Bryant & May Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Bryant & May, 16 Sep 2013
Have all the Bryant and May books, and am now going back to the beginning and re-reading them on my Kindle.

I love this pair of detectives. The work in the PCU (The Peculiar Crimes Unit) the title of which gives you an idea that they are not your normal run of the mill detectives.

They are like Chalk and Cheese, but work so well together.

If you are thinking of getting any books in this series, my advice is to start from book 1.

I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. Very London centric and thoroughly enjoyabl

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18