Profile for Ron the Rocker > Reviews

Content by Ron the Rocker

Ron the Rocker "scumftm" (UK)

Under the Dome
Under the Dome
by Stephen King

1.0 out of 5 stars Stephen King at his worst!, 13 Jan 2010
This review is from: Under the Dome (Hardcover)
Kings states that this is the book he wanted to write when he first started out as an author. Well, all I can say is that if he did, he would not have had the success he has had.

It is about 400 page stoo long, there are too many strands to the story and the ending left me feelinf flat and thinking why did I bother.

If you want to read King, then try one of his earlier novels like Salems Lot or The Shinning, horror at its best. Under the Dome wouldn't frighten primary school children.

The Orc King (Forgotten Realms Novel: Transitions Trilogy): Bk. 1 (Rough cut edition) (Forgotten Realms: Transitions Trilogy)
by R. A. Salvatore
Price: 16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Time's up Drizzt, 30 Jan 2008
Apart from the Demon War books, I have read all of R A Salvatore's books.

This latest book is poor by his standards. I was bored when halfway through. There is a lack of action and the plot is confused by Salvatore's use of unpronounceable names.

I believe the character of Drizzt has run out of time.

A Bigger Bang [CD + DVD]
A Bigger Bang [CD + DVD]
Offered by cdquick
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The stones at their brilliant best, 28 Jun 2006
After a number of mediocre albums, the stones are back at their brilliant best. All the tracks stand out in their own right, even the ballads which the Jagger/Richards partnership is, in my opinion, never given credit.

All I can say is role on August (providing all is ok) and don't leave it too long before the next album

The Dark Disciple: Amber and Ashes v. 1 (Dragonlance Novel: Dark Disciple)
The Dark Disciple: Amber and Ashes v. 1 (Dragonlance Novel: Dark Disciple)
by Margaret Weis

5.0 out of 5 stars Margaret, you are the best!, 9 Nov 2004
This book begins where the War Of Souls ended and does not disappoint. I could not put it down and read in within 24 hours. Certain I had missed something, I am now reading it a secoond time but a bit more slowly.
This book proves once again that Margaret Weiss in the best in the business. Her characters and worlds are believable as always. Hurry up witht he second volume, it seems a long time to wait.

Cracked it
Cracked it
by George Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Down to earth, 2 Dec 2003
This review is from: Cracked it (Hardcover)
From the poverty of the slums of Sunderland to the riches he has aquired. Yes, some by illicit means but you cannot help but like and admire the man. He is loyal to those who are loyal to him and does not suffer fools gladly. I particularly liked the chapter about financing a football club, a snipe at Len Shackleton, I think so.
If you like rags to riches stories and follow football then this book is for you. It will appeal to all no matter in which part of the country you live.
I laughed and cried along with him and would not have believed some of the childhoos stories had he not provided photographic evedence.

Ozzy Unauthorized
Ozzy Unauthorized
by Sue Crawford

1.0 out of 5 stars So, what's new, 7 Nov 2002
This review is from: Ozzy Unauthorized (Hardcover)
Complete waste of money. there is no cohesion to the contents and it leaves huge gaps in his carear. All Sue Crawford has done is retell all of the old favourites which, if you are a true Ozzy fan, you will have heard over and over again. I should have known better than to buy an "unauthorised" book, better to wait until the man issues his own book.

Red Sky at Sunrise: Cider with Rosie, As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning, A Moment of War
by Laurie Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthrelling, 26 Jun 2001
I have always had an interest in Spain and the second and thirds books of the trilogy captivated me. It gives a view of Spain that lasted until the end of the Franco regime. Laurie Lee's discriptive powers fill the mind with vivid pictures of a life none of us in the modern day world will ever experience.

It's Not About The Bike: My Journey Back to Life
It's Not About The Bike: My Journey Back to Life
by Lance Armstrong
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for ANYONE involved with cancer, 14 Jun 2001
If you suffer from cancer, as I do, or know anyone who does, read this book. You do not have to be interested in cycling - this is the trials and tribulations of a very brave man. You will go through every emotion imaginable, cry with him, laugh with him but at the end of the day you will admire his honesty and shear guts in the way he handled his illness.