Profile for Mr. S. Vaughan > Reviews

Mr. S. Vaughan (uk)

The Incredits
The Incredits

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tune, 15 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Incredits (MP3 Download)
This wasn't quite what I was expecting but I had preconceived ideas. Other than that it sounds just like the film and the playing on it is great.

Careers After the Armed Forces (Army Career Change): How to Decide on the Right Career and Make a Successful Transition (Army Career Change)
by Jon Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars Careers after the Armed forces - its OK but wonder if its more relavent to persons looking for more manergerial/high flying jobs, 14 July 2010
I've been reading this and working through the various sections. Most of the cases/storys seem to be people getting high managerial jobs or charity organiser in far off countries, renewable energies project manager, all of which require good people skills and are careers really suitable if you have a good degree.
This can be a good book but isn't aimed at the person with no degree and only a few A levels.Its more aimed at managers. Ok many people in the Armed forces ARE managers but what if you want to leave that line of work and do something much different? It looks good but getting it to work for you when you have little idea what to do next isnt that easy. I didnt think the personality profiling web tool was that good. I was told I was suitable for the career I wanted to leave and ones I just had no interest and would never do anyway.

Star Trek
Star Trek

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek cd..fantastic, 25 Jun 2009
This review is from: Star Trek (MP3 Download)
Whehn I first bought this I was expecting a star wars type soundtrack because that's what I've been listening to for a while.
This soundtrack is great. it takes a while to grow on you and the new sar trek theme takes sometime to become apparent. The interplay of the new tunes with the old original soundtrack is very good.The reworking of the theme in a symphonic style insead of the original 60/70's sound is totally modern and right for the film. Loved the film and lov the CD. Buy it!!!

Conducting Technique: For Beginners and Professionals
Conducting Technique: For Beginners and Professionals
by Brock McElheran
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book, 27 July 2008
This book I've found is great. The best line is when it says that a band does't follow a conductor , it anticipates what the conductor is going to do next. this is so true. so many times a conductor is not happy because you're no following them, not realising that we, the players, can't anticipate what he's going to do next. If you follow, you're always behind!!!
Ths beat diagrams and explations are great...it all so true, and I've been a professional player for over 20yrs.

It's bang on the money