Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer "thingumybob"

Page: 1 | 2
NG 2342 Kleiner Halfter für spiegellose Systemkameras u. 2 Objektive
NG 2342 Kleiner Halfter für spiegellose Systemkameras u. 2 Objektive
Offered by CameraKing (Shipping from UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Small (but not too small!) and discreet, 7 Feb. 2015
Second one I have had (the other got stolen, with contents!). Protects my Sony NEX 5 plus short zoom perfectly, with space inside for an extra short lens, or a larger (55-200) zoom if you carry the camera ready/outside. Small and discreet.

5,8inch Nook Simple Touch Case / Cover / Protection 138
5,8inch Nook Simple Touch Case / Cover / Protection 138
Offered by art&cherry GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect protection, 7 Feb. 2015
Very functional, with attractive design - does exactly what was wanted

18'' Jeep Cabin Approved Trolley Bag Wheeled Luggage Bag Hand Luggage Navy
18'' Jeep Cabin Approved Trolley Bag Wheeled Luggage Bag Hand Luggage Navy
Offered by Leather Express Dispatch

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripped on first use, and replacement refused, 7 Feb. 2015
This was the second example of this case I had bought. The first was stolen, after several years of heavy travelling, i.e. I knew what these bags should be capable off = a lot of use and even abuse. Not the new one. This time a seam opened after one trip, and continued to open up, creating a large hole. As I was away (Palestine & Ethiopia) and not "connected" it was impossible to report. I was disappointed on three levels (1) with the product (is it a "grey" version?); (2) with the supplier's response ("not our problem -- tell Amazon"); and (3) utterly disappointed with Amazon's reaction ("Sorry, it is one day over the Returns Policy limits so we can't help you) -- Thanks Amazon/Seller -- now after one month's intermittent use I have a useless expensive travel bag. I am stuck with using Amazon, but won't be buying more Jeep or buying from the Marketplace Seller concerned.

Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse (Tracks on Glass)
Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse (Tracks on Glass)
Offered by MaRs

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice smooth design, 20 Jan. 2015
Finally, my "ideal" mouse. Have tried BT mice -- to be cordless but mainly to avoid using a port -- incl Logitech models, but never had success. This uses a port (with its universal "radio" connection dongle) but the "loss" is definitely worth it. Very nice smooth design, fits very comfortably in the front half of my hands, which are quite large but also small enough to work well with smaller hands. All buttons and functions easily to hand. Faultless and INSTANT connection. Really like the (easy) switch off underneath. Battery lasts for ever, even though I do forget to switch off! Extremely sensitive/accurate movement. The central roller button has two modes, with and without a click. "Without" is very sensitive. I use "with" as it suits working with documents better. The clicks are pretty obvious and audible -- would prefer it a bit more "discrete" but am already used to it! Use mine while travelling for work, and am very happy with it -- tried smaller "travel" mice but quickly got put off by their small size -- not this one -- it works really well. Hmmm, never thought I'd be singing the praises of a mouse!! Buy one and see why!

GadgetpoolUK 5x Hard Plastic Case Holder Storage Box for AA / AAA Battery (Color may vary)
Offered by LTZmart

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and functional, 12 May 2014
Do what is expected, ie. contain and protect your batteries. Can be "chained" together. Each set of 5 comes as a single colour, so if you want to establish some sort of storage system consider getting sets of different colours. Plastic is quite rigid so suspect that the "hinge" will in due course break, with flexing, but that's to be seen.

3ACTIVE® Twin Storage Case for Two 3D Glasses. Includes Two Cleaning Cloths.
3ACTIVE® Twin Storage Case for Two 3D Glasses. Includes Two Cleaning Cloths.
Offered by Dimensional Optics, Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do their job, 12 May 2014
Simple rigid zipped box that does what its supposed to! Central foam "bar" supports the ear branches (which is needed as I have found the branches to be fragile).

Samsung SSG-P41002/XC Battery Operated 3D Glasses (Pack of 2) (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by VIP Price

3.0 out of 5 stars Fragile (and are they originals?), 12 May 2014
Arrived in a non-Samsung box (no markings) which is "curious". No included user information, so no guidance on batteries insertion, pairing with the TV, switching on/off etc (still not sure if they switch off automatically when 3D switched off on TV?)(the Samsung site also gives zero information -- I guess it's in the TV guide somewhere). Ear branches appear to be fragile as one broke (next to the nose piece) immediately on first use (now attempting to get a replacement -- will report later). No 3D DVDs or emissions to play so only able to check "synthesised" 3D, which seems to work - gives more depth. Overall result is that I am not enthusiastic at this time.

Ex-Pro Sony NP-FW50, NPFW50, FW50, BC-VW1, BCVW1 Digital Camera Travel Charger, UK, USA, Canada & Europe - 2 Hour Fast Charge

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit the batteries it was bought with!, 26 Mar. 2011
Actually not even worth one star. I liked the idea of "charge anywhere" and so bought this charger when I bought two extra batteries. Batteries fit the camera fine, but the charger doesn't fit the battery (despite what it says on the box) so it is useless and a complete waste of money. And as the other reviewers say, the build quality is low. I can't even return it as I left UK the same day I received this, and am now in Ethiopia for 18 months! Forget it.

XMI X-mini Max 2 Portable Speakers for iPhone/iPod/iPad/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounded, again ..., 13 April 2010
I have one of the X-mini speakers, the black mono one, and was really impressed with it. An incredible sound in a very portable package. But I have 2 ears, so a year later I have decided to get the Max 2, to treat each ear to its own channel! The Max 2 are equally as impressive as the original single speaker, and also a very clever design. Yes, bigger (there are now two) but I'd disagree with another reviewer that they are not for travelers - quite the opposite. Now it's even easier to listen to your music, and for it to have a real sound field, whatever device you keep it on, and to share it with any one/everyone around you! I will also be using them to play back the sound of videos off my Samsung netbook when used as a support in my business activities. One thing - now there are two speakers the sound is sounding much brighter. Not surprising, they are small so there is an inevitable acoustic skew away from bass notes. But the concertina design is ingenious and seems to help to return some bass weight. I'll have to play with tone settings etc. to see how much bass I can get out cleanly. By the way, if such twiddling and tuning of music is your thing, consider getting the little bit of software called "SRS Audio Sandbox" to complement these speakers. I've tried a few such programs and like this one a lot.

[New comment: Like another reviewer I get an annoying low-level buzz while the internal batteries are charging via the USB - once charged (when both LEDs shine blue) it goes. Also goes if you pull out the USB, but that's not the idea, surely ... ]

XMI X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Some ideas on getting the best out these little marvels, 25 Jun. 2009
I have just bought an X-Mini II and am very impressed with it. Really, very impressed. It has provided an improved sound to all of my various portable devices that I have plugged it into (Palm TX, Nokia, iPod, netbook computer, CD player, LCD projector - the list goes on). It is really portable, and I love the way it is rechargeable. Now I have a couple of suggestions to get the best out of these little marvels:

1. Take care when setting them up. When I first plugged mine into my computer (the first source I tried) there was heavy distortion even at a low volume. I thought the X-Mini II was to blame, but then I looked over the volume adjustment options of my computer and found that all the volume controls were up High. So, I adjusted the Wave slider down to mid-way avoid the risk of the signal there getting over-loaded and adding distortion, then I adjusted down the Master volume control to mid-way. After that I played with the level on the X-Mini volume control itself and then went back to play with the Master control. That way I got a MUCH better sound at the volume I wanted. Obviously the volume level available from the X-Mini is so high that it easily makes input distortion audible, and worse. The same control issue applies to any other source - be careful to NOT wind up the volume from the source to full - e.g. the volume control of an MP3 player - as then the output to the speaker will probably be distorted and the speaker will just then amplify distorted sound, sound terrible, and give the impression that it is the speaker at fault when it's not, it's the input signal. Instead start mid-way with the source volume, adjust the speaker, and then play more with the source volume (PS: The volume slider on the X-Mini is so well 'disguised' that at first when I used it I didn't realize it was there, hence my first reaction to wind up the volume on the source, which increased the distortion!)

2. Right now the speaker sits on its base pointing up, but, that is not good for high frequency. Pointed up towards the ceiling I lose much of the directional high frequency and the sound is a bit flat. You can get a much better sound when the driver is pointed towards your ears, but the shape of the speakers - round - means they automatically tend to roll back to the vertical. So, try something like a wedge of paper (or something more elegant if you can - I have used egg-cups as one way!) to get them on a slant. Pity about this one - there should be an integrated solution, like a flat side or pop-up foot (like my keyboard has) - I hope that is looked at for the next up-grade!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2014 11:10 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2