Profile for Mespeak Youlisten > Reviews

Content by Mespeak Youlisten

Mespeak Youlisten

Page: 1 | 2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh, how I miss my Mac, 25 Mar 2014
I really, really wish I could afford to buy another Apple computer. Every time I buy Windows, there seem to be more and more pointless features added on that complicate the system needlessly. I'm not an IT fanatic but neither am I a slouch when it comes to computers and I have to say that this is the most counter-intuitive OS I have ever used.

A good OS should be simple. You should be able to get in and start enjoying it within a few minutes. It shouldn't demand that the customers spend hours on end trying to work it out. Some of us do have lives away from the keyboard.

On the plus side, it is fairly fast and reliable, so I'll give it 0 stars for ease of use, 1 star for speed and 1 star for reliability.

Araldite Fusion Power Adhesive
Araldite Fusion Power Adhesive
Offered by millstones

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, terrible product, 2 Mar 2014
The glue didn't come out of the nozzle properly and the plunger isn't strong enough, so actually getting the glue out of the tube and onto the surface was impossible.

I can't tell you how strong it is as an adhesive since I didn't get the chance to glue two things together.

I'm going to the shop tomorrow to but some proper superglue.

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 [DVD]
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stewart Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Jun 2011
I like a lot of Stewart Lee's work, and I thought the 1st series of Comedy Vehicle was great, especially the episode about books. I kept watching the 2nd, hoping for it to get better, but I can honestly say that I laughed 3 times over the 6 episodes.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2012 9:06 PM GMT

The Mind Map Book: Illustrated Version: Radiant Thinking - Major Evolution in Human Thought (Mind Set)
by Tony Buzan

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind maps transformed my studies, 10 Sep 2010
I first came across the concept of mind mapping 10 years ago when I was at university. I wasn't doing particularly well, averaging a 2.2, but when I started using mind maps my marks went up to mainly 2.1s and 1st. I'm now studying again with the Open University, and I find that once again mind mapping is a fantastic way of taking note and planning my studies and assignments, as it allows me to get a very clear overview of my subject much more easily than traditional note-taking.

The only drawback to this method is that it is more time-consuming than traditional note-taking, but if you need to memorise large amounts of information, you will find that this is time invested, rather than time lost.

I don't buy all of Tony Buzan's claims about mind mapping, and I find that the writing style can get a little bit grating at times, which is why I am giving this book 4 stars rather than 5. If you are already self-confident, you might find Buzan's style slightly annoying too, but I can understand that he wrote this book with a wide audience in mind, and other people might need constant encouragement.

All in all, an extremely useful book, and one that should find its way onto any student's shelf.

Mammoth Book of Dracula (Mammoth Books)
Mammoth Book of Dracula (Mammoth Books)
by Jan Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars The usual high quality Mammoth fare..., 27 Dec 2009
This book is just what you would expect from the Mammoth Book of... series. Tons of stories packed into one volume. Great value, some top quality writing and a nice mixture of tradition and innovation.

If you're interested in vampire stories, this book will give you hours and hours of pleasure.

R.I.P
R.I.P
Offered by MasterDVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Why, RFTC, why?, 26 Dec 2009
This review is from: R.I.P (Audio CD)
Such a pity that RFTC had to split up, especially before I had the chance to see them live.

Very few live albums capture the spirit of seeing a great band in concert, and this is no exception, but you can still feel the excitement as they blast out songs such as Used and Straight American Slave.

In an age when so many bands seem to have forgotten how to really rock as if their lives depended on it, this fantastic group should make a comeback pronto.

Aspects of Greek History 750-323BC: A Source-Based Approach
Aspects of Greek History 750-323BC: A Source-Based Approach
by Terry Buckley

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful look at Greek history, 5 Dec 2009
Buckley examines different interpretations of ancient Greek history, providing evidence supporting each view and allowing the reader to come up with his or her own conclusions.

I think that this is the most interesting book I've ever read on the subject as well as the most memorable. I will return to this superb piece of work again and again.

Hoover Dam
Hoover Dam
Offered by RareGroove

4.0 out of 5 stars Hugh's best in a long time, 5 Dec 2009
This review is from: Hoover Dam (Audio CD)
For the first time in ages HC has released an album in which he seems to be having a bit of fun whilst playing, and the result is a marked improvement on other recent albums.

Borat: Cultural Learnings Of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sacha Baron Cohen
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the perfect format, 19 Jun 2009
Borat, like Ali G, is a superb comic creation, but one who is better suited to the 5 minute format of the TV series. The joke just does not stretch over the whole film, although it is still worth watching for the highlights.

I hope that the Pamela Anderson bit was staged with her permission, because if not that is going too far.

Horror of Dracula [DVD] [1958] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Horror of Dracula [DVD] [1958] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Peter Cushing
Offered by supermart_usa

4.0 out of 5 stars Fangs very much, Hammer, 22 Jan 2009
The makers of Dracula, for budget reasons, could not faithfully reproduce the Bram Stoker novel, so instead had to adapt it to their own limitations.

The result is a great success, although maybe more one for cult film lovers rather than mainstream fans.

The plot has already been discussed by other reviewers, so I'll just add that this is one of those rare films were the actors play their parts to such perfection that it just couldn't fail.

Page: 1 | 2