Profile for S. Nemeth > Reviews

Content by S. Nemeth

S. Nemeth "Simon N" (UK)

Gioteck Ex05 Lite Headset (Xbox 360/PS3/Windows Vista)
Gioteck Ex05 Lite Headset (Xbox 360/PS3/Windows Vista)
Offered by BigWhiteRabbit
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed. Works perfectly., 28 Jan 2014
Keeping in mind the other review, I purchased this from my local supermarket, that way if I had any problems, I could easily return it. I have so far tested it on my PC and my PS3 and it works absolutely perfectly on both and despite the type of headphone this is, it is also extremely comfortable but it may make your ear sweat after a while. The microphone is very crisp with plenty of volume and I believe the MIC mute function is a nice feature but they possibly all have that? The sound from the speaker is more than adequate when you consider it is only intended for voice chat, and the in-line volume control is essential in my opinion. Bear in mind, this is purely intended for voice chat purposes, the music sound quality is just OK, but it meets my needs just fine as I don't intend to play much music through it, and if you're thinking of purchasing this, neither do you, obviously.

NOTE: THERE IS AN XBOX 360* SPECIFIC VERSION OF THIS DEVICE WHICH SHARES THE SAME MODEL NUMBER AS THIS ONE, WHICH CAN BE CONFUSING SO BE SUPER CAUTIOUS WHEN BUYING AND REMEMBER TO READ THE DESCRIPTION THOROUGHLY SO YOU KNOW YOU ARE GETTING THE RIGHT THING.

Philips SHL3000/00 Casque  arceau Noir
Philips SHL3000/00 Casque arceau Noir
Offered by PADNOTE
Price: 11.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing less than fantastic as always., 12 Jan 2014
I bought these from Currys a good few months ago and I have nothing bad to say about them. These headphones are extremely comfortable out of the box but they become even more comfortable after you've broken them in and they've stretched. As for the sound, for 15 the sound is excellent but you have to bear in mind that they are a 15 pair of headphones. The cable is a little on the short side but it is of good quality and won't conk at the first sign of movement as with some headphones on the market. They do sometimes squeak a little on the pivots but I don't consider that a problem. Over all build quality is good and the plastic is thick and rigid so they can take some hammer and they wont fall to pieces.

Genuine Dell Original PA-12 adapter power supply for Inspiron 1525 8600 6400 laptops
Offered by E SHOP uk
Price: 10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Not genuine but excellent quality and excellent price!, 17 Oct 2013
Though I don't believe this is the genuine product, the quality is in my opinion is very good. It's solid, no spelling mistakes on the label and it doesn't get hot (does get warm but just comfortably warm so no problems there). Who needs genuine when these do the job just as good and are comparable in quality to the genuine item (considering I've found Dell chargers to be of rather poor quality). Can't comment on the lifespan though as I haven't had it long enough.

Sumvision N-Beat Multi-Role Portable Speaker, MP3 Player and FM Radio - Playback Compatible with Micro SD Cards, USB Pen Drives and Portable Devices - Red
Offered by Refresh Cartridges
Price: 13.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb with some niggles but who cares, the price is great., 16 July 2013
Excellent little device for the size and price. The n-beat has superb build and sound quality with significantly more bass than you'd expect from a device this size owing to the on-board mini subwoofer and plenty of treble to accompany it. With 3 different input methods, The on board USB input socket is the biggest bonus which means you can simply fill a USB flash drive with music and listen to it all on the go. It also has a MicroSD slot and an auxiliary input for added functionality. It is fast off the start and can load and play from a MicroSD or USB Flashdrive within seconds of drive input and can automatically remember where it left off. Another pleasing feature is that an antenna is not required for the FM radio, though one (nominally the supplied 3.5mm male to male cable) can be used to enhance signal when necessary. In terms of flaws, It would be useful if one could skip through entire albums as well as single track when we are navigating through a high volume of MP3s because skipping albums track by track can be time consuming, and with the memory feature, it can be a nuisance to get back to the first track on the drive (can it be reset when inserted?). Also, as this is a very light unit, it does tend to move a little when the bass is heavier, but I think the pros outweigh the cons in this case and it is a great buy with a great price.

Comparisons:

I had a Music Angel but this beats it hands down in every single way, with the Music Angel being clunky, badly designed and of poor sound quality with nowhere near enough bass, with very badly balanced sound, with both speakers at different levels of bass, volume and treble.

I had experience with an X-Mi X Mini II Capsule Speaker (owned by my cousin) and while the X Mini boasts excellent sound quality with a satisfying amount of bass, it simply doesn't handle the bass quite as well as the Sumvision n-beat, though it does have a better battery life, but I don't consider that a flaw on the n-beat's side because of it's significantly bigger list of features compared to the X Mini's.

Brilliant buy! If your after a portable speaker, then don't hesitate to buy it because at that price, it's a steal.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2013 8:19 AM GMT

Manna Real Leather UltraSlim Samsung Galaxy S4 Flip Case Protective Cover Wallet (black)
Offered by Leicke Distributor Germany
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, not great., 20 May 2013
I've had this case about 2 weeks and the orange stitching has already started fraying, the inside lining is very roughly cut, the emblem isn't straight and the camera hole isn't perfectly aligned. Also, the flip cover slides around on the phone screen. Shame about these few niggles because I like the case.

Perixx PERIBOARD-804i US, Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - Silver & White - Up to 10 Meters Operating Range - Ultrathin 6.5mm Design - 261x129mm Portable Size - Silent X Type Scissor Keys - Rechargeable Battery - On/Off Switch - 128 Bit AES Encryption - US English Layout
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my note 10.1., 4 Jan 2013
This was a brilliant purchase for my note 10.1. The colours match with the device (white with silver trim), paired really quickly, all the keys assigned perfectly (even the awkward ones). The little fabric case it came with is more than sufficiant (more than I was expecting really, wasn't even expecting a case). I know it's good, I typed this review with it!

Logitech Wireless Boombox
Logitech Wireless Boombox

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful device., 18 July 2012
I bought this with intention of taking it with me when I go away for a bit of sound in the hotel room (also nice to have when I go camping). It is more than perfect for the hotel room, though I haven't yet taken it camping. The sound is stunning. It's bright, it's crisp and it has plenty of bass (even better when plugged in). I even like the Auxiliary because it enables my to connect my ZEN directly to it. The only downside is that it isn't supplied with a travel case but you can purchase one directly from Logitech (Spare Parts Store, just search), which is for the Logitech S715i, but as it is essentially the same device (with the added iPod dock), it fits the Wireless Boombox perfectly (around 10 shipped to the UK).

Sovos Portable 7 inch TV and PVR Recorder/Multimedia Player with Teletext, Freeview and High Resolution Panel
Offered by 3wisemonkeys Ltd
Price: 97.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little device, 20 April 2011
This is a nice portable TV from Sovos, with its vibrant and sharp 7 inch backlit LCD display, this makes the perfect travel companion and to protect your device, I'd recommend Staples' neoprene up-to 7 inch notebook case as it's a perfect fit for this device (see product imagery) and also this: 7"- 9" Netbook Case Bag Ultraportable Laptop Case by UKSC in Black For Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Compaq, Fujitsu, Samsung, Sony, MSI, Lenovo, Toshiba, for all the extras (battery, cables etc). I couldn't be happier with my little TV.

PSMove - Controller and Navigation Silicone Jackets and Wrist Strap: Double Pack - Charcoal (PS3)
Offered by SweetBuzzards
Price: 3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars These are great!, 12 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Got these this morning and they fit perfectly. Let me make this clear, they come with 2 straps, move and navi jackets. The straps are a bit pathetic (made from the same material that the Nintendo DS' thumbstrap is), but the jackets are well made and fit the Move snugly. I know that some jackets are known to slip in gameplay but I haven't tested that yet. I have uploaded some photos to Amazon.