Profile for Gerard Buttrum > Reviews

Content by Gerard Buttrum

Gerard Buttrum "Jack Buttrum" (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Live At The Capitol Theater, Passiac NJ, September 19th 1978
Live At The Capitol Theater, Passiac NJ, September 19th 1978
Offered by Squirrelsounds

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show, poor sound!, 10 Aug. 2014
Great show, sound is uneven, as though it was recorded on a bad night. Have had a bootleg copy for years and reckon that the sound was better on that. That said, the concert is incredible, every song is awesome - it's legendary status is well deserved. 5 stars for the show, 3 stars for the recording!

Everlast Adjustable Ankle Weights - 2 x 5lb, Black
Everlast Adjustable Ankle Weights - 2 x 5lb, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 21 Mar. 2014
Great that the weights are adjustable, you can work your way up to the highest maximum weight without any undue strain.

Transformers Generations Autobot Springer Figure
Transformers Generations Autobot Springer Figure
Offered by MedClub

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got better things to do tonight than die, like using this figure, 26 Dec. 2013
I got this figure as well as the Sandstorm mold for Christmas, For the 30th Anniversary Generations voyagers, Hasbro did a fantastic job of making this figure, it was far better than the General Direct Order Springer.
When I was trying to transform him I had a small bit of trouble when I was searching for where to tab in his legs in armoured car mode and how to transform his arms when in Helicopter mode
I also had trouble when I was folding out his head as it got caught in the chest and I had to pop it off to fold it out properly
When I saw the weapons my mind was blown! How the blade could become the helicopter propellers and how the gun completed the amoured car look
His head sculp was fantastic looking! It was exact to the original G1, when I saw the shoulder pads that extended, I found them useless and I preferred to keep them in place
I liked the overall design of the whole figure, when I was comparing Springer to other G1 characters like Hot Rod, Kup, Arcee and I found that he was a bit too big for these characters, but he does have the heroic stand look about him which makes all the tiny issues disappear and I can't wait to get more 30th anniversary figures ;)

Love/Hate Series 3
Love/Hate Series 3
Offered by mmglobal3

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Love/Hate Series 3 (DVD Audio)
With all the talk about The Wire and Breaking Bad and other equally good TV series, which I probably haven't seen, I think that Love/Hate stands with The West Wing in terms of quality. It is sometimes hard viewing as the violence can be quiet graphic, but the writing is so good and the characters so well developed that you care what happens to them - good or bad. Roll on series 4.

Crimson/Red
Crimson/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the year, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Crimson/Red (Audio CD)
Like a lot of people I had forgotten about Prefab Sprout, and then Paddy McAloon produces this incredible album. So glad I bought the album rather than the download, so I can listen to it in the car. Considering the body of work Prefab Sprout have produced to date, this album is definitely one of their best.

Moondance (Expanded Edition)
Moondance (Expanded Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album from a great artist, 19 Nov. 2013
My favourite Van Morrison album. To my shame, I had forgotten just how good this album is, so many classic tracks - timeless!

Transformers Movie Optimus Dual Model Kit
Transformers Movie Optimus Dual Model Kit
Offered by PARAISO Japan eu

5.0 out of 5 stars "Today We Take The Battle To Them!!!", 28 Nov. 2012
I bought this a week ago and so far I am completely loving it!
It took me 2 days to assemble which is the fun part
Good Parts:
He's very posesable for movie accurate poses
He is very cgi accurate
He comes with blades
He has 2 faces, Battle Mask/Open Face
Every single piece is articulated

Bad Parts:
His fingers are articulated and very fragile so be very careful while posing his hands
Some pieces may require glue
There are many pieces so be careful that you dont lose them
Be gentle while taking the pieces out as they break easily

All together his assembly took me 6-7 hours so if you arent very patient than I wouldnt advice getting this
It is not a toy so it is not suitable for children under 16
It is good so if you love buildable models get this masterpiece! ;)

Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Voyager - Megatron
Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Voyager - Megatron

5.0 out of 5 stars "Decepticons he has returned", 9 Aug. 2012
This megatron is the best voyager that hasbro has ever made
The only Complaint I have is that the arms that peg in at the back dont stay in that great but if you hold down on his back when your pushing the arm down you wont get any trouble
I think the fusion cannon is brilliant
and the extra weapon the battle claw, its a nice touch to the weapons gallery
The Jet Mode is pretty good from the front but the back has loads of robot parts such as the 2 from toes that stick out at the back
The robot mode is spot on, as if it were the first edition with R.I.D written on the box
I'd highly recommend buying this toy if your a fan of megatron

Sherlock - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Sherlock - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!!!!, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Sherlock - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
I'll admit to being a Sherlock Holmes fan circa Basil Rathbone, and reasonably felt that he was the yardstick for any comparisons. However, the new series is a revelation - inspired casting, great story lines and universal appeal - my kids love it. Can't wait for series 3.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - MechTech Voyager - Sentinel Prime
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - MechTech Voyager - Sentinel Prime
Offered by SuperMonskeyEU

5.0 out of 5 stars Its christmas!, 25 Dec. 2011
the sentinel prime figure is good.
its very fun to use in stop motion.
his mechtech weapon is so cool, if he actually had it in DOTM he would have won the battle in 5 mins.
his vehicle form is difficult but it takes some time.
His gun can stand on the top of his fire truck like a fire hose.
His vehicle form is kinda small compare to his robot form.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3