Profile for Mr A. > Reviews

Content by Mr A.

Mr A. "dinmc"

August MB400 - DAB/DAB+ Radio with NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker, Alarm Clock and FM Tuner - Portable Radio and MP3 Player: SD Card Reader / 3.5mm Audio In - Compact Stereo System (Blue)
Offered by Daffodil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy purchase, 14 Dec. 2015
Can't complain about this device. Very clear sound. I able to tune in to my favourite radio stations on digital broadcast and sometimes don't even need to use the aerial. Easy to operate. If there is one annoyance it's the fact that you cannot dim the display completely unless you are playing the unit, which seems quite weird to me. So my 4 stars is because I have to put the unit face down when I want to sleep and not be disturbed by the light of the display.

Anthology
Anthology
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice introduction to Marlena Shaw, 10 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Anthology (Audio CD)
I bought this CD cos KFC were running a promotion using a song called California Soul, which I immediately recognised as the voice of Marlena Shaw. Having been exposed to Marlena's 1980's music this CD has helped me to explore a lot more of her early stuff from the 60s and 70s. A very worthy compilation - try listening to this track laying on a sunny Barcelona beach in the height of summer, you will feel it!

Fear of a Black Hat [DVD] [1994] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Fear of a Black Hat [DVD] [1994] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by EliteDigital UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the greatest hip hop film, 10 Oct. 2004
I remember when this film was on general release in the cinema - it was released in the UK not long after Chris Rock's "CB4", and at the time I thought that it was a crying shame that there were hardly any good black music genre films, and suddenly there were two films with the not so serious take on hiphop, this particular one being the weakest. I remember thinking at the time "who the hell let loose Rusty Cundieff behind the camera?". However, in retrospect, although I still rate CB4 as a better story, there are some hilarious moments in this film too, especially the take off of P.M. Dawn which still cracks me up to this day. Thankfully, Rusty did go on to do some other good work (House Party II springs to mind)