Profile for Miss L D > Reviews

Content by Miss L D

Miss L D (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Damero Stroller Buggy Organiser Bag with Shoulder Strap (Black)
Damero Stroller Buggy Organiser Bag with Shoulder Strap (Black)
Offered by Denso

1.0 out of 5 stars ?!?, 1 Sept. 2015
Unlike other reviewers for this product, I paid for this item...and will return it... It doesn't close and is useless unless you live in a country where it never rains and there are no thieves... I tried it on my pram anyway but: no thank you. It attaches with Velcro and it was hard to keep it steady without the pouch wobbling. It seemed like stuff could fall out.

Lässig Changing Bag Green Label Neckline Bag (Black)
Lässig Changing Bag Green Label Neckline Bag (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag, colors not to my taste, 1 Sept. 2015
This diaper bag is very convenient:
- it has many pockets (including a wet pocket and a thermal pocket). I like the fact that there are open, easily accessible pockets and closed zipped pockets. In the beginning, it was definitely "too many pockets" but now that I know where everything is, I love it!
- It's a decent size, on the large side but not huge either.
- Shape-wise, I think the bag looks great which is one of the reasons I decided to buy it.
- accessories:
1) The bag comes with a small items purse. I use it for a small DIY first aid kit.
2) a thermal bottle holder. I don't use it, it's huge and I really don't need it.
3) a very practical well-made folding changing mat (many brownie points for the mat)
4) a sort of key ring with the Lassig Logo. I chucked it because it wasn't to my taste and more importantly, it was quite heavy.
5) two diaper bag clips: they are great quality and hold the weight of the bag as they should.
I have a bugaboo bee 3 : it took me some time to find a way to attach the bag to the pram that was convenient but I got there. I'm sure it's the same for all prams. It takes a few tries to find the best fit.
6) a black shoulder strap: I don't use it either but it could be useful with some strollers.

What I don't like:
- to certain extent, the price tag
- the almond green inside fabric. I really dislike the color. I would have put a more neutral color like light gray. Go figure, that's what the mat is like: one side is black and the other plastic washable side is grey.
- the bag itself is "black" supposedly. The handles are black but the rest of the bag isn't: it's one of those fabrics where the black is off-black/purple black... What a shame. Off-black is a pet hate, it goes with nothing and just looks cheap.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't have bought this diaper bag if I'd known of the off- black fabric but now that I have it, I actually love it...

Babisil Milk Powder and Baby Food Containers
Babisil Milk Powder and Baby Food Containers

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up, 23 July 2015
The recipients are smaller than Beaba ones so I was concerned initially but frankly I'm super happy with them. I'm at 5 scoops of milk powder and I still have plenty of room for more. I think the transparency of the cups is super convenient. And as they are quite compact they fit easily in my diaper bag.

Dobranocka 5009 Maternity/Nursing Nightdress,Size XL,Grey
Dobranocka 5009 Maternity/Nursing Nightdress,Size XL,Grey
Offered by OtherEden

2.0 out of 5 stars Nah..., 19 July 2015
Quality not bad but 1) way too small and 2) could never breastfeed with this on...

Medela Breastmilk Bottle 150 ml with Slow Flow Teat
Medela Breastmilk Bottle 150 ml with Slow Flow Teat

3.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for the price, 19 July 2015
If these bottles were uber cheap, I'd say fine buy them but they're really expensive and for what? The teat on this bottle is very basic. The bottle itself is okay although I find the measurements hard to read. For the price, I don't recommend this product at all. Buy something else! If I can give you a tip, the aptimil 1 ready made bottles that many of us use in the beginning - well the teats fit all Medela bottles and they're not better or worse than this teat! Another tip... The same aptimil bottles fit on Medela pumps... :-| wash, sterilise and re-use Aptimil1 bottles (6 for 7.99£) unbeatable...

Philips AVENT Natural SCF693/37 260 ml Feeding Bottle 1 month+ (Pack of 3)
Philips AVENT Natural SCF693/37 260 ml Feeding Bottle 1 month+ (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bottles. Happy with purchase, 19 July 2015
Call me crazy but I've tried many different types of bottles: Avent, MAM, NUK, Medela & Tommy Tippee. These Avent bottle are great. Cheap, reliable: a good buy.
1) cost: We paid less than £8 for the 3 so cheap enough. Cheaper than MAM, TT and Medela - more expensive than NUK 2) look and Ergonomy: they look really good and are easy to handle although I like the longer thinner MAM bottles the best. Avent bottles open easily unlike MAM bottles. I like the slick simple look of the Avent bottles although that is obviously a minor detail.
3) the measurements are easy to read (same as MAM & NUK but slightly better than TT and definitely better than Medela) 4) I always get anti colic bottles so my baby swallows the least air possible and these are fine. MAM & TT (the anti colic ones with purple bar inside) are probably slightly better though.
5) these are the easiest bottle to clean with the NUK bottles: MAM & TT have more parts to clean. The opening is nice and wide for the brush to clean the bottle
6) no leakage ever unlike MAMs if you haven't reassembled the bottle properly.

Please note: Unlike what another reviewer posted, I got size 2 teats not size 1 with these Avent bottles.

I recommend this product

MAM Self-Sterilising Anti Colic Bottle (260 ml, Pack of 4, Blue)
MAM Self-Sterilising Anti Colic Bottle (260 ml, Pack of 4, Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but teats are size 1, 19 July 2015
4 great bottles bought on sale for 14£, lovely! That said - and it's not in the description anywhere - the teats are size 1 not 2. My baby is not fussy and likes most brands including these of course but around me, fussy babies seem to do well on MAM teats. I like the long slim MAM bottles they are very comfortable to feed baby with. The anti colic function does seem to avoid baby swallowing too much air so great! The bottles come in 6 parts so they're maybe slightly annoying to wash and when reassembling them be careful or the bottle will leak. We're careful and it really rarely happens if ever. All in all we recommend MAM bottles.

Lansinoh TheraPearl 3-in-1 Hot or Cold Breast Therapy
Lansinoh TheraPearl 3-in-1 Hot or Cold Breast Therapy

1.0 out of 5 stars useless gadget IMO, 30 Jun. 2015
This is the most hated product I ever bought on Amazon. My breasts were in agony when I started breastfeading and this product did nothing for me. If I wanted to use it cold then I had to put the inserts in the freezer and wait a long time to use them and then couldn't alternate warm/cold relief... Heated they were ok but it says to not leave them too long...so relief was very brief and not that great to be honest, I couldn't feel the warmth much as the heating instructions gave very low microwave times..... In the microwave, one of the inserts exploded when left 5 seconds more than suggested time. I had given birth a few days before I was absolutely exhausted... My fault fine but five seconds? The insert plastic is thinner than sandwich bags! I threw everything out, and good riddance!!!

TRAVEL BABY CHANGING MAT PORTABLE FOLDING WATERPROOF 8 COLOURS TO CHOOSE NEW (Black)
Offered by TheLittles24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good changing mat, 30 Jun. 2015
I think this is a great little mat and yes it's not huge but baby fits on it so it's fine (plus: the bigger, the bulkier to carry around) and the mat is easy to clean. my only tiny winge is the folding system: rolling takes time (& is annoying!) compared to folding so I would have just put the straps so as to enable a folding system. I would recommend and buy this product again.

Bébé-Jou 72 x 44 cm Comfort Dresscushion Changing Pad (Silver Stars)
Bébé-Jou 72 x 44 cm Comfort Dresscushion Changing Pad (Silver Stars)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm delighted with this changing mat, 23 Jun. 2015
I'm delighted with this changing mat: the baby stays in place even when wriggling around. It's very washable. I'm happy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9