Profile for RinaM > Reviews

Content by RinaM

RinaM

Bengali Girls Don't: Based on a True Story (Memoirs of a Muslim Daughter)
Bengali Girls Don't: Based on a True Story (Memoirs of a Muslim Daughter)
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars very poorly written and distorted image of a Bengali girl, 3 July 2014
When I first picked up this book to read I thought , 'how refreshing to read a book written by a Bengali girl!' However, once I started reading, I couldn't help but become very disappointed, disgusted and annoyed that I even paid for this e-book!
I find it hard to believe the author was this girl as I watched L A Sherman's YouTube video and she sounds very different to the author. It makes me wonder if she even wrote the book! About the book, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and viewpoint, however , I am compelled to point out that this author has totally misrepresented the Bengali and Muslim way of life! I am a liberal minded Bengali Muslim woman who was born in the UK and only a year older than the author. So I think it's safe to say I'm not an older person set in their ways, but find it highly insulting that so many things mentioned in the book are incorrect and fanaticised . On the whole, this has been a total waste of my time and money and I certainly wouldn't recommend this book to anyone! I don't think it even deserves a one star rating!

Xbox 360 250GB Console with Kinect Sensor: Includes Kinect Sports and Dance Central 2
Offered by The Tech Lodge
Price: 360.41

5.0 out of 5 stars xbox package, 14 May 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Have to say I have no complaints whatsoever with my purchase and products received . The package arrived before the expected delivery date - in time for my son's birthday ! He is over the moon by the way . Well worth every penny .Thanks Amazon for your excellent customer service as always . I have told my friends and family about it . Xbox is much better than the Nintendo Wii and PlayStation in my opinion. Brings the family together playing the sports and getting fit together . Highly recommend it .