Profile for Dillondog > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Visionary VM-5 Monopod Including Case
Visionary VM-5 Monopod Including Case
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item for the price - light but well made, 30 Dec 2012
This is an excellent monopod for the price. I took a chance on this itme and expected it to be cheap and cheerful however it is definitely not, it is well made and robust yet lightweight and easy to carry and comes in it's own carry case.

HP Q5456A Advanced Glossy Photo Paper A4 210x297mm (25 Sheets)
HP Q5456A Advanced Glossy Photo Paper A4 210x297mm (25 Sheets)
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality photo paper - better than Canon paper for my Canon printer!, 30 Dec 2012
This is an excellent quality photo paper and much better than the Canon professional paper that I had been recommended for use with my Canon Pixma printer, the Canon paper has streaks running through it and looks gritty whereas this paper gives smooth crisp clear photo's with excellent colour.

I only use genuine original inks for my printer having years ago used refillable cartridges which wrecked the printing quality of the printer that I had at the time.

Jansport Big Student Backpacks - White/ New Storm Grey Rebel Plaid
Jansport Big Student Backpacks - White/ New Storm Grey Rebel Plaid
Offered by ePacks UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent well made secondary school/college A4 file rucksack ~ Highly recommend!, 30 Dec 2012
Due to the price and pale colour I hesitated long and hard before buying this item as most rucksacks that my children have only seem to last a month or two even with light use before they start to disintegrate, usually the material starts to shread around the zips or the shoulder straps come unstitched.

I am delighted to say that 4 months after purchase and hauling a hefty amount of books etc around in it, the bag is still amazingly looking like new and has no signs of wear and tear so very pleased with my purchase.

This is an excellent well made large rucksack for secondary school/college, I think it would be too big for a primary school child I think that they would be swamped by it unless they were quite tall and broad.

It is easily big enough to carry all of the books and A4 files, packed lunch, PE kit etc that my child unfortunately has to lug around with them all day due to there being no lockers at college.

Highly recommend!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Persevere! It could be you at fault and not the item! You need to format your SD card first or ipad will not find it!, 8 Dec 2012
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! FORMAT YOUR SD CARD ON YOUR CAMERA BEFORE USING THIS ITEM OR IT SIMPLY WON'T BE RECOGNIZED BY YOUR IPAD. PLEASE NOTE THAT FORMATTING YOUR SD CARD WILL WIPE OFF ALL PHOTO'S INFO STORED ON IT AND WILL CREATE A NEW DCIM FILE WHICH IS WHAT THE IPAD IS LOOKING FOR SO YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANY STORED PHOTO'S ONTO A PC OR LAPTOP FIRST. YOU SHOULD FORMAT YOUR CARD EACH TIME YOU TAKE PHOTO'S ANYWAY AS IT BASICALLY PUTS IT BACK TO BEING A NEW CARD WHEREAS JUST DELETING YOUR PICS CAN STILL LEAVE HIDDEN FILES

Persevere! It could be you at fault and not the item!

I bought one of these elsewhere as I thought that it was worth taking a punt on for the price compared to Apple's £25. Despite spending ages following the instructions included I could not get it to work with my ipad3 so assumed that I'd wasted my money as the ipad wouldn't even recognize that it was plugged in.

However, remembering that I had taken some pics on my card ages ago and renamed some etc, despite the fact that my SD card had a DCIM file on it which is what the ipad will be looking for when this adapter is plugged in I then realized that I had played around with these files re-naming them etc. so they weren't in their original file name as dictated by my camera.
The same is true if I put the SD card in my camera! If I rename a pic on my PC but then put the card back in my camera it will not find the pics even though on my PC they clearly show up in the drive name for the SD card and I know that they are located there.

The simple solution is move any pics that you want to save to your PC/laptop/external hard drive if you have one and save a copy of them there. If you don't have a PC/laptop/external hard drive then I am afraid that you may have to forfeit your pics as it is the only way that you will find out if this adapter works.

Then simply put the SD card back in your camera and somewhere in your camera menu you will have a selection for "format card", when you find it press Yes, this will "format" - delete all of your pics and any other hidden files located there leaving you with an empty SD card.

Then take a couple of trial pics of anything to hand plug your adapter into your ipad, you will then get a message saying that the adapter isn't compatible or words to that effect, this is simply Apple's way of saying that you shouldn't be using something that isn't made by Apple with their product!
Click OK which deletes the message, then push your SD card into the adapter and hey presto! my ipad found my new pics instantly, simply tick each pic you want to save and it will be incredibly quick at downloading them to the ipad.

Hope this helps!

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas [DVD]
The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vera Farmiga

2.0 out of 5 stars Not based on a true story - bad acting of tragic events in history, 20 Nov 2012
Please note that whilst based around the holocaust it is not based on any real individuals and therefore is not a true story.

I was very disappointed in this film and felt that the acting was well below par, how can you have a German family without even a hint of a German accent?
I felt that the film was very hard going but determined to try and stick with it, the last 10 minutes of the film to me were the only really worthwhile parts to watch and did finally get me interested, it was a shame that the ending didn't take a backwards twist to view Bruno's family after the consequence of his actions, his Father opening the shed doors and the supposed expression on his face would have been enough!

Some people have said that this film is shown to schoolchildren, however whilst I think it is very important that children are continued to be informed about the Holocaust I felt that this film whitewashed over it, it would be too boring to show to children as I know that I switched off several times myself.

If you want to watch yourself or show children what I would call a true representation of the holocaust to me there is only one film that can do it and that is "Shindler's List" but unlike this film I know very few people that could watch it without a big box of tissues as it is very well acted with haunting scenes and music and truly touching and guaranteed to bring a lump to most people's throats.

Retainer Brite Cleaning tablets - 36
Retainer Brite Cleaning tablets - 36
Offered by Pharmacy Place

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and not as good as Steradent or similar, 28 Oct 2011
Bought this product for my son's night time retainers as dentist recommended it. This product does make retainers look cleaner but doesn't get rid of bad odour smells for long, within 30 minutes of cleaning the retainers start to smell again so far from ideal,especially if you have eaten a meal with onions, garlic, curry etc.

Retainer Brite works out very expensive and I have now found that I can use denture type cleaning tablets on my son's clear retainers, ie Steradent £1.15 for 30 tablets or Morrisons own brand etc, and that if you use tablets that say will kill 99.9 bacteria (which is what causes the smell) that they have worked really well and his retainers come up nice and clean and are staying more or less odour free for 12 hours until he re-fits them again at night.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2013 10:19 AM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little calculator, 6 April 2011
This is a neat little calculator which will easily fit into a filofax pocket or similar which is what I needed it for. Runs off of a battery as well as a solar cell and turns itself off after a while (not too quickly) to conserve battery life,it has a handy cover to protect it. Being so small if you have larger fingers you could easily hit the wrong key as they are very close together but if you are aware of this you soon learn to be more careful keying in numbers. It's ideal for what I want.
Credit card size may be slightly misleading to some people who are expecting literally a calculator the dimensions and thickness of a credit card,this is approximately the width and breadth of a credit card but approximately 6mm thick again not a problem for myself. Overall a very handy little calculator!

FoneM8 - Samsung Micro USB Car Charger
FoneM8 - Samsung Micro USB Car Charger
Offered by Luxury Mobile

1.0 out of 5 stars Mis- representation by seller - This lead does not fit a Samsung E2550 Monte Slider, 16 Jan 2011
Mis- representation by seller - This lead does not fit a Samsung E2550 Monte Slider as the piece that should fit into the phone is way too small almost half the size of the correct fitting. Don't waste your money. Not worth me returning as it would cost as much as I paid for the charger.

FoneM8 - Samsung Jet, B3310, B3410, B5310 Corby PRO, B5722, B7620 Giorgio Armani, Beam I8520, Beat DISC, Blade, Blue Earth, C5510, C6112, Chat B3410W, E2100, E2370, G810, Galaxy, Galaxy Lite, Genio PRO, Genio Qwerty, Glamour S5150, Glamour S7070, H1, i8510 INNOV8, I8520 Halo, Jet S8000, Jet Ultra Knox, Lindy M5650, Lucido, M2310, M2510, M3310, M7500 Emporio Armani, M7600 Beat DJ, Monte Bar C3200, Monte Slider E2550, Omnia HD, Omnia HD i8910, Omnia II I8000, Omnia Lite, Omnia Pro B7610, Pixon12, Preston, S5150 Diva Folder, S5560, S5600, S5620 Monte, S6700, S7070 Diva, S7350 Classico, S7350 Ultra Slide, S8300 Ultra Touch, Shark 3 S3550, Shark S5350, Tocco Ultra Edition, Wave S8500 Micro USB Car Charger - Lifetime Warranty

DIGIFLEX HD Component AV Cable For Sony Playstation PS2 PS3
DIGIFLEX HD Component AV Cable For Sony Playstation PS2 PS3
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality product and service - cures HD TV blank/fuzzy or red & green picture problems when using PS2, 14 Jan 2011
Firstly these leads are extremely well made, good and solid and the service from this supplier was excellent.

We bought a new Samsung HD TV for daughter's bedroom for Xmas only to find out that PS2 wouldn't play properly on it, colour only red & green and picture awful using red/white/yellow to PS2 scart adapter leads.
Saw this product on amazon and sounded like this might be our solution.

Not being technically minded thought this would be easy as cables are coloured to fit the YPbPr (red/green/blue) sockets on back of TV plus the audio red/white leads which are twinned together. Turned TV back on and nothing at all :-( Checked all colours were correct and snug still nothing......

Followed tweeks recommendation to refit original leads and we then used old TV to alter Playstation settings, never had to do this before so didn't really know what I was doing but after flicking through the settings finally found how to alter PS2 to widescreen, change from RGB to YPbPr and set to Component.

Swapped leads back to Samsung TV and had to press Source button on remote, then press component, TV wouldn't find PS2 as a device but PS2 was picked up straight away, picture is now widescreen, yay! perfect colour and crystal clear so very happy child and parents :-)

Excellent product.

Shock Doctor Single Braces Mouth Guard - Blue
Shock Doctor Single Braces Mouth Guard - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Gum shield for braces, 20 Nov 2010
This is a soft well made gumshield for braces that does not need boiling to mould to the gum, miles cheaper than buying the same type from our orthodentist. Son happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2