Profile for Alison Paget > Reviews

Content by Alison Paget

Alison Paget (Kettering, Northamptonshire, UK)

Eurosonic Plug in Cordless Door Chime (Pack of 2)
Eurosonic Plug in Cordless Door Chime (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Oct 2010
I have one receiver upstairs and one downstairs and, even without my hearing aids, I hear the bell all over the house

Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer
Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer
Offered by e sell it

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very impressed, 7 April 2010
The more grey my hair got the coarser it felt. At my daughter's one day she dried my hair with a similar dryer and I was so surprised how silky my hair then felt. I bought one for myself and have nothing but praise for it, my hair looks and feels better than it has done in years.

Delia's Happy Christmas
Delia's Happy Christmas
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit from Delia, 4 Dec 2009
'Delia's Happy Christmas' Delia's Happy Christmas is another wonderful example of her precision. Nothing is left to chance in this book as it not only gives recipes for Christmas day but for the whole holiday period. Each recipe is explained in detail, as always, a real boon to the beginner and experienced cook alike. As well as the very traditional recipes the book includes some alternatives to try. Many of her recipes are not new but have been updated to include shortcuts such as bought pastry and instant stock, two things that may well have put off some readers of her previous books. To make life easier for the host or hostess, Delia also includes how to plan the whole holiday, what ingredients need to be in the store cupboard (they may not be necessary in every store cupboard but it does give all of us a starting point), and explains which items can be made ahead and frozen.

Britain's Best Dish
Britain's Best Dish
by Dk Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooking up a treat, 4 Dec 2009
This review is from: Britain's Best Dish (Hardcover)
If you enjoyed the television series, Britain's Best Dish, you will certainly enjoy the opportunity to follow some of the recipes which appear in this book, Britain's Best Dish Britain's Best Dish. The recipes are well written and, of course, do not include the mistakes that some of the contestants made. The recipes are divided into starters, mains and desserts, as was the competition and the book is beautifully illustrated.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Solving the flea problem, 17 Sep 2009
Stv Stv020 Flea Killer I bought three of these and, contrary to other reviews, have had only one bulb go in a month. The infestation was bad but they have now solved the problem without the use of chemicals.

How to Master The Times Crossword: The Times Cryptic Crossword Demystified
How to Master The Times Crossword: The Times Cryptic Crossword Demystified
by Tim Moorey

4.0 out of 5 stars A very comprehensive book for any cryptic crossword adict., 13 Mar 2009
This book How to Master The "Times" Crossword: The "Times" Cryptic Crossword Demystifiedexplains, in easily understood language, the varying types of clues used in the Times, and many other, cryptic crosswords and how to go about solving them confidently. I recommend it highly.