Profile for Cheese Eater > Reviews

Content by Cheese Eater

Cheese Eater (England etc)

xx (Digipack)
xx (Digipack)

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately overrated., 14 Jan. 2011
This review is from: xx (Digipack) (Audio CD)
Having heard one of The XX's tracks on TV, and finding overwhelmingly positive reviews online - I bought their album. 2 or 3 tracks on this album are worth listening to - 'Crystalised' is excellent, and I would also reccommend 'Infinity' (though it has definitely borrowed heavily from 'Wicked Game' by Chris Isaacs).

Unfortunately I was not so impressed by the remainder of the CD. Even on first listen I found myself skipping through most of their songs fairly quickly, and I am sad to say it did not improve with further attempts.

I am staggered by the amount of 4 and 5 star reviews on offer - outside of Crystalised, which is admittedly very good, there is precious little invention about The XX's material.

The biggest disappointment is the amount of potential that song shows - the rest are regrettably monotonous and dull.