Profile for L. F. Leaper > Reviews

Content by L. F. Leaper

L. F. Leaper (Bristol UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Beach Cafe
The Beach Cafe

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read...., 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Beach Cafe (Kindle Edition)
Light easy reading with humour...
Certainly would be happy to read more by this author..

Tao Te Ching (Shambhala Pocket Classics)
Tao Te Ching (Shambhala Pocket Classics)
by Lao zi

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine as a travel book...., 7 Aug. 2014
This pocket book is fine however I very much prefer a larger copy...which is my preference of course however the celebration of Tao Te Ching here is somewhat subdued..

Tao Te Ching: An Illustrated Journey
Tao Te Ching: An Illustrated Journey
by Stephen Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant translation and art work.. ...., 7 Aug. 2014
This translation is wonderful...one of the best I have found and a real treasure with beautiful artwork... I would give none better in my experience..

Stop Cold Calling Door Sticker - No Cold Callers - No Religious Groups - No Salesmen - Fully Weatherproof Sign
Offered by Extreme Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars This stops cold callers...good value..., 7 Aug. 2014
This sticker is extremely good value for money because it does deter cold callers. I have seen people half way to my door turn around and leave..It can be seen from a distance...and it is large.
Very good product that works..

Motion Activated Real Sound Tweeting Singing Birds on Log Garden Ornament. 2 Designs- Random Design Will Be Sent - Price is for 1 Ornament. 2 FREE AAA Batteries Included!

3.0 out of 5 stars Trendy Tweeters..., 7 Aug. 2014
This arrived broken but it was easy enough to fix with some glue...A fun item ...modest enough and the sound is fairly realistic...
Buy for amusement but no real lasting value in my opinion..

Ladder lock (24808)
Ladder lock (24808)
Offered by Bamford Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Good security and fairly priced....., 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Ladder lock (24808)
This ladder lock is well made...easily secures my heavy extending ladders and took just a short time to fit. The width is sufficient to accommodate my treble extending ladders with an inch or so to spare. The lock is a solution and will prevent all but the most determined attempts at theft...Very solid good product ..and value for money

Morphy Richards 48822 Soupmaker - Black
Morphy Richards 48822 Soupmaker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly simple.., 3 April 2014
This product is easy to clean...produces excellent easy make soup and serves piping hot...To use this one just adds the vegetables and tops with water/stock. It takes around twenty minutes and there is an option for smooth or chunky soup. Extremely good value from Amazon...great purchase...

Asus Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
Asus Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
Offered by iHD Lounge

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase.., 3 April 2014
Excellent in every way...it is not possible to fault this Nexus and it has become my best friend...in fact the Nexus and my iphone are good buddies now. Really really good buy....!!

Andrew James Large Red Coloured Digital Yoghurt Maker With 12 Glass Jars, 2.5 Litre, Ideal For Making Healthy Home Made Natural Yoghurt
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 3 April 2014
This compact yoghurt maker is a dream to use..it could not be any easier. We use slightly less sugar and heat for slightly longer if necessary... the results are excellent. We do use lactose free milk and add a new starter culture now and again...
We found out how to use this on the web...however it is just a matter of cleanliness...of mixing a pint of milk with up to four teaspoons of sugar...along with an organic plain starter yoghurt...pouring into the jars and setting the timer to eight hours.
A really good purchase...cant fault it at all...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2015 7:47 PM GMT

Ring Automotive RFP1 Single Barrel Footpump
Ring Automotive RFP1 Single Barrel Footpump

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 3 April 2014
I was impressed with most of the reviews for this footpump and ordered to replace my bulky double barrelled footpump.
The pump seems nicely made and is compact...but it is clearly not fit for purpose.
I found the gauge reading was considerably different from my regular pump and I took a quick trip to my local Halfords to buy a good digital pressure gauge that actually cost much more than the pump.
For me...this pump reads 10psi under accurately measured pressure...thus so there is a real danger of over inflation and associated risk ...especially in wet weather.
I will keep this pump for the bikes and the wheelbarrow/sack truck...but in my view every pump needs to be certified as accurate and checked. This clearly is far from the case and I would advise anyone buying this to check the reading against a known pressure. . Maybe I was unlucky but I am extremely disappointed with this purchase...not fit for purpose.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3