Profile for C. Chiverton > Reviews

Content by C. Chiverton

C. Chiverton (London, UK)

An Evening with Ranulph Fiennes
An Evening with Ranulph Fiennes
by Ranulph Fiennes
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Thinking of buying the CD - an evening with Fiennes?, 9 Aug. 2006
I just think it should be cheaper or longer. I'm reading Living Dangerously right now (picked up signed copy in a charity shop)and am very much enjoying it. Someone I know said I should get this CD, so I did. He does speak very well in it and is rather funny at times. Kind of stand up comedy in many ways and informative at same time. It says running time approx 2 hours. Now I haven't checked this out properly but it didn't last 3 journey's to and from work on my car CD player so I find it hard to imagine it being more than an hour and a half of talking. It does flow very well though, and maybe it's because of this that I just felt hard done by when it finished so soon. It was the first and probably last audio book I will buy. Buy this for someone who hasn't got time to read or who is blind. I would probably of been happy to have received this as a present but feel my money would of been far better spent on getting another book and listening to the radio in the car. I just hope that any profits go towards some worthy cause...