Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Doro HandleEasy 321rc Universal Infrared Remote Control - White/Grey
Doro HandleEasy 321rc Universal Infrared Remote Control - White/Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars Not well thought out! Think again please Doro!, 7 Oct 2014
Tried to program this one countless times but it never would work.

Bosch Hexagonal Quick-Change Adaptor for Hole Saws
Bosch Hexagonal Quick-Change Adaptor for Hole Saws
Offered by UKToolCentre

5.0 out of 5 stars The best hole saw I can find - with a wide ..., 18 Sep 2014
The best hole saw I can find - with a wide range of sizes for the saws. It's easy to use, quick to fit and works well. Go for it!

Creative ZEN X-Fi3 8GB Touch MP3 Player with Bluetooth (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Product and customer service were dreadful, 17 Feb 2014
I was given this diminutive MP3 player for Christmas – my own choice. And it was bought in November, but not opened of course until Christmas Day! (See the other reviews about wrapping and instructions!)

It was awful.

• There’s no interface with iTunes.
• The SD card took an age to register with all its music every time I switched the device on. (Yes, I was using one of their “allowed” SD cards.)
• The Bluetooth was intermittent.
• The controls were fiddly (it’s too small for biggish fingers) and only partially touchscreen – a bit of a con
• And to cap it all, the player froze regularly and would only recover if I switched it off and on again.

So – I contacted Creative, and asked for a refund. (Unfortunately, I bought it directly through their website. I should have got it through Amazon, who have such a brilliant returns policy.) They said that because it had been bought over a month ago, there could be no refund. I checked online and downloaded the appropriate letter from the “Which” site which told me how to insist on my rights as a customer, stating that the product had only been unwrapped on Dec 25th, and they could see themselves that the guarantee was only registered a couple of days later.

Eventually, after my email going through various departments, they agreed to give a refund, if I returned the product to them “registered” post at my own cost AND accepted the cost of the refund by international bank transfer myself. Despairingly, I accepted. That was on the 6th January 2014. I had to keep on and on emailing them to remind them of what they had promised.

The refund didn’t come through until February 15th!!!!!

Don’t touch the product. And don’t attempt to deal with Creative. They’re ponderous and slow – and what they don’t know about good customer relations would be well worth learning.

The Second Amendment #1 (Crime, legal thriller (action, political))
The Second Amendment #1 (Crime, legal thriller (action, political))

1.0 out of 5 stars I got as far as the third page ........, 16 Dec 2013
I thought that this one looked like a good read. Many of the reviews were good, so I downloaded it! But ... I only got as far as the third page (or was it the second?) when I gave up. The English style and sentence structure were so bad that I couldn't bring myself to read any further. You have been warned!!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2013 9:56 AM GMT

The Sunlit Summit: The Life of W. H. Murray
The Sunlit Summit: The Life of W. H. Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!!!!, 18 Oct 2013
I bought this book for reading when I had a few days with a lot of travelling by air and on ferries! It couldn't have been a better choice. I have long been a great admirer of W H Murray. It was his two classics "Mountaineering in Scotland" and "Undiscovered Scotland" that inspired me into mountaineering and rock-climbing years ago!

This biography is a brilliant culmination of much research and that research has been amply repaid. The book is detailed, highly readable, carefully researched, and a wonderful companion to Murray's own autobiography. The notes at the end of each chapter, the appendices (in the book and online) make almost as good reading!

Thank you, Robin Lloyd-Jones and Sandstone Press, for such a worthy addition to the field of mountaineering literature.

Get it and read it!

Highlander Banff Waterproof Gloves - Black, X-Large
Highlander Banff Waterproof Gloves - Black, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves, 18 Jan 2013
These are great gloves at a very reasonable price. I wanted a pair for cold weather walking and climbing and these are just the job. Go for the XL size - as another reviewer said. Thanks for the advice!

Duronic RCD025W Portable White CD Player with AM/FM Radio - Connect & play from MP3 Player/Ipod/Iphone

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy and poor sound quality, 10 Aug 2012
Very noisy motor for the CD drive, poor reception and even poorer sound quality! I sent it straight back to Amazon - no problems there -immediate refund!

Red Kite Baby Bounce Bugs  (Multicoloured)
Red Kite Baby Bounce Bugs (Multicoloured)

3.0 out of 5 stars Better and clearer instructions please, 17 Feb 2012
Good product - but what a palaver to put together. The instructions are almost useless - the pictures certainly are! Come on, Red Kite, you can do better than this!

Simply Baby: 20 Special Handknits for Baby's First Two Years
Simply Baby: 20 Special Handknits for Baby's First Two Years
by Debbie Bliss

2.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book - but, 26 Dec 2011
This beautiful book of patterns uses Debbie Bliss's range of baby wools - which are very expensive. OK - but she doesn't give alternative wools! What a pity!

BitDefender Anti-Virus 2011, 3 Users, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
BitDefender Anti-Virus 2011, 3 Users, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Offered by XSonly

5.0 out of 5 stars Best and simplest antivirus software, 15 Feb 2011
Despite what others say, I've found this to be the best, easiest to install, and least intrusive antivirus software. It certainly gets the best reviews elsewhere and in my opinion it stands up to those reviews - easily!

As long as you follow the instructions, installation is simple. It defends your system - up to three computers for one year - brilliant for the price, and updates are going on all the time in the background - no problem!

Customer service is excellent as well.

Thanks Bitdefender!