Profile for H. Petre > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream
O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 28 Mar. 2015
This stuff works! I work in a nursery with children who love water play, and need their nappies changing. After six weeks of this regime in winter, my hands were deeply cracked, with fingers really hurting at night. I got this cream, applied and hey presto! No more cracks! Fingers felt better after a couple of days. Ordered a pot for my colleague, too. We keep it by the sink. I think we need another in the bathroom. I have some at home, too.
I noticed that, after another five weeks of nappies and water play, the cracks were back again, despite my using the product at night. I've now upped my daily usage at work, and am going to apply it religiously at night, using gloves as well, on my left hand, the cracked one. Started last night and the pain has lessened already.
It does have an odd waxy feeling, but it it works, who cares? I should add that I tried lots of other things, but this is THE one for people who have wet or weather-exposed hands on a regular basis.

Kitchen Craft Deluxe Six Piece Measuring Spoon Set
Kitchen Craft Deluxe Six Piece Measuring Spoon Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, very chic, 28 Mar. 2015
I love them! They fit very well into jars, which so many measuring spoons don't. Attractive enough to hang up with my kitchen tools. Hard to separate, I put them on a ring, but that's not ideal. I might just take out the teaspoon and tablespoon measures, as these are the ones I use most often, and keep the rest in a drawer, so I don't end up washing them all every time I use one. No 10ml/dessert spoon measure, but the 5ml can be used twice....! Don't know how I managed without them, the previous set were plastic and the 15ml spoon had melted :(

chinkyboo 12 Pairs White General Purpose Gloves --- 100% Cotton --- Can Be Used For Mime, Fancy Dress, Snooker Referees, Coin Collecting, Librarians And Many Other Uses
Offered by chinkyboo

2.0 out of 5 stars Lumpy seams, 28 Mar. 2015
These gloves took ages to arrive (didn't realise they were coming from China, my fault). They have lumpy twisted seams, and don't fit the fingers well. They might be ok in a school show but aren't a good fit. I bought them for wearing as overnight gloves to keep moisturising cream sealed in. I do wear one overnight sometimes, and, to be fair, it does stay on all night.

Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul
Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul
by Melody Beattie

5.0 out of 5 stars Never preaches, never loses sight of our common humanity. Inspirational, in the best sense of the word, 28 Mar. 2015
I have this book by my bedside, and read it on a regular basis. I find it very useful for keeping my tendency to grumble in check, reminding me to focus on what's really important. I also like the descriptions of the author's road trip and visits to sacred places. I am familiar with the author;s work on co dependency, which I found helpful many years ago, and find this book a useful companion for everyday life.
I added the original copy of the book I bought to the library of teaching books I keep for the class of (aromatherapy) students who are recovering from drug and alcohol addictions. They are very drawn to the book, and will often seek it out. Some have commented that they find it better than One Day at a Time, which is the book of daily meditations used in the AA and NA recovery programmes. I have the One day.... from Al-Anon, and agree that this one is less preachy, more empathic. I have another Hazelden daily meditation publication, called The Promise of a New Day, but Journey to the Heart is undoubtedly my favourite. I've lost count of the number of copies I have purchased for my students over the years. They don't even mind paying full price for it!

Hanes Top T ZINC L
Hanes Top T ZINC L
Offered by Tomscabin

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for the price, 28 Mar. 2015
I bought this in a large size to wear as a night shirt. I am female. However, I didn't really like the colour and it was too large even for a sack! I gave it to my partner, who is big, and who likes the Hanes brand. He was delighted, and wears it regularly. One thing about these t-shirts is that we both find the neckline a little tight.

Disney Doc Mcstuffins Sticker Scenes
Disney Doc Mcstuffins Sticker Scenes
by Disney

5.0 out of 5 stars Went down well with recipient, 28 Mar. 2015
I bought this for a bright four year old girl in my nursery who likes the TV show. She was very pleased with it, and wanted to take it home.

Biz-E-Bee Exclusive 'Black Psychedelic Jumble' Pouch for NOKIA 106 (S) Neoprene Rubber Shock and Water Resistant Mobile Phone Case Cover
Offered by Biz-E-Bee

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and functional phone case, 28 Mar. 2015
I love it! Very quick delivery, lovely pattern. Easy to find phone in my bag because of bright colours. Seems waterproof but not put to the test. Four stars because I think the phone could slip out as it's not a totally snug fit. I would definitely recommend this product to others. I have a similar product for my kindle and it's perfect, not too bulky, but attractive.

Update: I have had the case a few weeks and the phone has not slipped out and the stitching is holding up, so five stars is the new rating.

A Vogel Menoforce - Sage Herb - 90 Tablets
A Vogel Menoforce - Sage Herb - 90 Tablets
Offered by Naturals Best

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for me, 28 Mar. 2015
I have been taking these tablets, one a day, for over 30 days. For the past three months I've had several soaking night sweats every night, some hot flushes, and am suffering from a lack of sleep and some memory lapses. ( I am 51 and perimenopausal, still having occasional periods. While I am very glad to no longer have exceptionally heavy periods every month, the sweats are a poor exchange!) I have tried varying the times I took these menoforce capsules, as recommended on the A Vogel website, but still they appear to have little to no effect on me. The sweats and sleeplessness are the same as before. I am now on the second bottle and am taking one in the morning, one in the evening. So far, nothing has altered. I wouldn't buy more. I might be tempted to try another brand, BUT
For my next approach, I am going to try soy isoflavones.
I already take starflower oil capsules. These used to work for me but are no longer enough to prevent night sweats. One product that HAS helped with the low mood I'd been experiencing of late is Confiance by Wassen. It contains vitamins and magnesium. This has certainly helped restore my energy levels, so it's not all doom and gloom. If anyone reading this can comment on what worked for them, I'd be very grateful.

Blood in the Cotswolds (Cotswolds Mystery 5)
Blood in the Cotswolds (Cotswolds Mystery 5)
by Rebecca Tope

2.0 out of 5 stars Cliches in the Cotswolds, 28 Mar. 2015
I've read about half of this book, having read the previous four over a lengthy time period. This one is very dull, and I am wondering if I can even be bothered to finish it. As other readers have warned, it contains "fattist" remarks that would be deemed offensive by many, if not all. The only part of the story that interests me so far is the relationship between Thea and Hollis. Personally, I am hoping Hollis will recover sufficiently from his slipped disc to contrive to feed Thea to the snake she is supposed to be looking after! She is an irritating character, critical of everything and everyone, with her prettiness as her one 'strength'.
What irks me most about this series is that I LIVE in the Cotswolds, (though not in a picture-perfect honey-coloured stone village full of manor houses and mansions) and it is not totally populated by eccentrics researching old saints and carrying out dawn rituals. Yes, there are a few, but what about the large and never-mentioned majority who just get up, go to work and live in bog standard houses? In my street in Stroud last year we had enough drama for at least one episode of East Enders, but the 'squeezed middle' and working class don't exist in these novels. Her characters and settings are drawn from a narrow set of cliches about the North Cotswolds. This perpetuates the myth that the villages are only affordable by 'weekenders' or locals with curious habits and ancient feuds.
I have all of the books, collected in a brief surge of enthusiasm, from charity shops and the like, but I may not get round to reading the whole series. I give the books away as soon as I'm finished, as I know I would never read them again or recommend to friends.

HDMI Digital AV Adapter for iPhone 4/4S And iPad 1/2/3. Connect To Your HD Device and Charge At The Same Time.
Offered by Alida Systems ®

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work for me, 28 Feb. 2015
Does not work for me with Amazon prime movies/Tv series. Loads of buffering, cannot watch more than a minute or two at a time. Does not work at all if the charging cable is plugged in.MY iPad is running iOS 7. I had hoped for better, cannot recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20