Profile for Fordy136 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Diary A5 Day to a Page Black 2013
Diary A5 Day to a Page Black 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 18 Dec 2013
Just needed this diary to make a copy of this years planning. It did what I needed for hardly any price.

The Name of The Wind: The Kingkiller Chonicle: Book 1 (Kingkiller Chonicles)
The Name of The Wind: The Kingkiller Chonicle: Book 1 (Kingkiller Chonicles)
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for book 3, 18 Dec 2013
(General review for books 1 and 2)
These books keep you thinking even when you put it down. Patrick Rothfuss has become one of my favorite authors and I can't wait for book 3.
The main character is built up from being a child and every step of the way your routing for him.
But of course its not as simple as that. The book is written as told by the teller which in this case is Kvoth the king killer. Even though he constantly reminds the reader he has a good memory, the story can be left open for interpretation.
Is he lying about that?
Why tell something that makes him look so bad?
Why mention Devi if she is a friend and the information provided to the chronicler could incarcerate her?
Why can he not open his chest that he made?
Why when telling the story is he nothing like the man/boy he is talking about?
Why in the tavern, does it seem as though he has lost his 'skills'?

So many questions unanswered. Some authors I've read, I would have simply thought I was looking to deep into the book but no..... I think not. Mr Rothfuss is an extremely intelligent writer. In fact I have no doubt of the time and effort he has put into these books. I had to buy a dictionary just so I could follow his extensive vocabulary and information he passes through to the reader. I would recommend this to anyone who likes to get to know the main characters from the beginning.

The Blade Itself: The First Law: Book One
The Blade Itself: The First Law: Book One
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting...., 18 Dec 2013
Well, its a very dark book for my liking. The main 3 characters to start of with, you can give or take.
Logen 9 fingers is by far the most interesting, soon followed the inquisitor. The 3rd character made me want to skip over his chapters and I think that's why I found it a difficult read for half the book. . .

It got interesting as the story progressed, building and adding mystery to the way it's interpreted. After finishing this book, I decided to download the next two books of the series in audiobook form. I would recommend that to anyone who found it as difficult as me to get into and of course can enjoy to listen as much as to read.

Steelheart (Reckoners 1)
Steelheart (Reckoners 1)
Price: 5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Brandon Sanderson does it again, 18 Dec 2013
I was very happy with this read. Such an original idea for a book. It wasn't an overly dark book and it had plenty of twists and turns in it. In general I would recommend this to any young reader as it makes you laugh once in a while and sparks the imagination. Good buy.

Collins English Dictionary & Thesaurus
Collins English Dictionary & Thesaurus
Price: 10.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great with my Kindle Paperlight, 18 Dec 2013
I bought this when reading an author who is far more intelligent than me. He used words that sent me searching for words I just had to look up so I could continually understand the book. This dictionary allowed me to simply click the word I had no idea of and gave me all the information I needed. It even surprised me by describing a medieval instrument that was mentioned in passing. . .

Blood Song: Book 1 of Raven's Shadow
Blood Song: Book 1 of Raven's Shadow
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars 2-in-the-morning, still can't put down book., 18 Dec 2013
When I first began reading this book, I found it difficult to get my head round how its written by the author. Basically, Anothony Ryan is writing about a chronicler who is in turn writing about another guy. As the story developed it became clear that it slipped out of this instructional text and into the actual story of the main character. Soon enough I got into it and I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of 'The King Killer Chronicles' in how the book is first set up. The main character is someone you begin to feel for and understand. The story is built on a strong foundation and there is a lot of wondering into different time frames. Its a very descriptive book with plenty of action.

Just a little something I kept picking up, there where a lot of mistakes in sentence structures est... With a book this big its not surprising but I think the author needs to find a better proof reader.

Beautiful Mess
Beautiful Mess
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special., 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Mess (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the read to a point. But I don't think it's my kind of book. But for free book you can't really complain.

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a writer, what a book., 5 Nov 2013
This is one of the most in-depth book I have ever read. I just couldn't put my kindle down. I read the two books in less than 2 weeks which is very unlike me. The characters of the book a life like, well thought of and built on a solid base. The story line is fun to read and it has everything you need to keep glued. I love the writers way of trying to put the laws a physics to magic... Very different in my opinion but it works.

As a reader I like to get a fee for the characters before the exciting parts start happening. The main character is built up from young lad. You get to know him and his family. You get to feel his pain and happiness. The author shows a great understanding in my opinion of the human mind, how it reacts to tragedy and how it recovers.

Everything in this book just builds up to be a much loved favorite of mine, Its just a shame I have to wait until August 2015 for the next book :-(

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Cold Equations: The Persistence of Memory: Book One
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fordy136, 21 Oct 2013
I enjoyed reading this series of books. Couldn't put it down sometimes =)

I would recommend to anyone who wants Data to come back into the Star Trek Series after his death.

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Cold Equations: Silent Weapons: Book Two
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Cold Equations: Silent Weapons: Book Two
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fordy136, 21 Oct 2013
I enjoyed reading this series of books. Couldn't put it down sometimes =)

Page: 1 | 2