Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer (London)

Hide Me Among the Graves
Hide Me Among the Graves

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 12 Nov. 2012
I thought this book was a decent follow-up to The Stress of Her Regard. The descriptions of Victorian London and its characters were great, and I loved the character of Michael Crawford.
I thought Powers painted Dante Gabriel Rossetti as a bit too sympathetic - I am a huge fan of the Pre-Raphaelites and, based on what I have read, Rossetti was one of the most selfish men who ever lived. Powers also never even mentions Jane Morris, with whom Rossetti was obsessed for the second half of his life, which I find a little strange given the nature of the Nephilim.
However, I really enjoyed the book, as ever with Tim Powers the inclusion of little historical and literary snippets make it all the more exciting, and I would recommend it.

Plane Scape Torment (PC DVD)
Plane Scape Torment (PC DVD)
Offered by NEENUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now!, 30 Mar. 2010
I have played, and enjoyed, many RPGs, but I think this one has to be my favourite. If I could play any of the games I have played as if it were the first time again, it would be this one. The story is compelling and the companion characters are entirely original, not falling into the usual stereotypes that are prevalent in RPGs (the love-interest knight, the feminist elven druid, the girly thief &c.). The setting is also fantastic, and though the graphics maybe a little off-putting, keep playing until the story starts to really grab you, I promise it is worth it.