Profile for G. S. Philpott > Reviews

Content by G. S. Philpott

G. S. Philpott "Gray" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Jesus 12(of) 38mm (1.5 Inch) PRE-CUT Cake Toppers Edible Rice Paper Cupcake Decoration (film)
Offered by The Lazy Cow Printing Company Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Jesus on a cake., 4 Dec. 2013
I don't really know what else to say really, they're pictures of jesus on sugar-paper. Bought on a whim and have been used at church once. They were frowned upon. Luckily nobody choked on them otherwise I'd probably have been asked to leave.

The Confusion of Karen Carpenter
The Confusion of Karen Carpenter

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly there..., 4 Dec. 2013
As Amazon is a little quick with asking for a review, I've decided to write one from the perspective of someone only 62% of the way through the book.

I'm currently enjoying the book. It's good. The spelling and grammar are good too.

What more do you want from me Amazon? I'm only part way through.

As They Slept - Part 2
As They Slept - Part 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a commute!, 5 Jun. 2013
I've really enjoyed reading this book on the way to work. Well written. Just wish my commute was longer so that I could read more!

Carbs & Cals: A Visual Guide to Carbohydrate & Calorie Counting for People with Diabetes
by Chris Cheyette

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Aug. 2011
I've been a diabetic for 8 years now and this book has made carbohydrate counting so much easier. Recommended to everyone!

A Christmas Cornucopia
A Christmas Cornucopia

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional yet contemporary - as if that were possible!, 26 Jan. 2011
I have been a moderate fan of Annie Lennox for a number of years now (although, she will never, NEVER be forgiven for the atrocity that was a cover of Ash's 'Shining Light') and this is simply beautiful. Ms Lennox has the most suited voice for these traditional carols in a contemporary setting.

My favourite track is a version of the traditional 'Coventry Carol' which I really don't have many words to describe.

I spent Christmas day with my family this year and we opened our presents to this CD. I am not normally one for 'soppy Christmas moments', but I was a little overwhelmed whilst listening to this.

Buy this CD for a loved one, or even for yourself. What's more important is that Ms Lennox is donating a portion of the profits to charity.

Page: 1 | 2