Profile for AmazonSurfer > Reviews

Content by AmazonSurfer

AmazonSurfer (Ghana)

Page: 1 | 2
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St. Mary's Book 1)
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St. Mary's Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars addicted, 16 Aug 2014
I am now on book 4. This is an excellent series - funny - at times laugh out loud funny, extremely interesting especially when the various historical destinations are described and also sad and thought provoking. Finally, i very quickly became attached to all the characters portrayed and this makes the books unputdownable. I will definately be sad to see the end of this series, so hoping that ms taylor keeps writing about max, leon and the gang at st marys.

Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set
Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 May 2014
This really is a great piece of kit - after asking a hairdresser for advice on the best make we purchased this and haven't looked back. Living overseas in countries that just don't have hairdressers that know how to deal with European hair or with hairdressers you don't want to risk using this has paid for itself many times over. The cable is long and it comes with a selection of the plastic clip on guides. Make sure you buy the Wahl oil as well because its a good idea to get in the habit of popping a few drops onto the blade after each use.

Earphone / Headphone Audio Jack Splitter - Works with All Apple iPod / iPad / iPhone models, Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, Hi Fi, DVD Player and other MP3 / MP4 Players - Audio 3.5mm Jack Y Shape Splitter - iCables®
Offered by Crazyprofit

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 6 May 2014
This just didn't work and as we are now overseas weren't able to return it. Once plugged in all you got was the musical score for the film with no dialogue - tried it on a few movies etc and same thing.

VonShef Premium Stainless Steel Electric Hot & Cold Milk Frother Latte Cappuccino Foamer
Offered by Designer Habitat

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy match for Nespresso, 6 May 2014
I bought this after doing some research online. The main reason I didn't go for the Nespresso option is because my sister in law has one and is on her 3rd after the previous 2 began to burn with the milk or 'catch' and eventually she just couldn't get them clean - this after diligently washing them between each usage. This one got good reviews and I have to say it really does the job well and probably - given cup size - would be able to heat up enough milk for 2 cups (the nespresso in my experience only manages one). It looks great on my worktop next to my Nespresso and always comes up clean and shiny. My only comment would be: the coil for frothy milk works so well at frothing the milk that that's all you have left when its done - froth! The other smaller attachment for heating milk does a great job and also gives enough froth to use for a cappuccino.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2014 8:06 AM BST

Deo-Go Deodorant & Antiperspirant Stain Remover Almond Scented 300ml.
Deo-Go Deodorant & Antiperspirant Stain Remover Almond Scented 300ml.
Offered by CaraselleDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin!, 6 May 2014
I actually bought DeoGo a few years ago after looking online for a solution to the ingrained deodorant stains on my husbands shirts. I have only really just given it a proper trial run and it works extremely well, just follow the instructions and as other people have said repeat if necessary although if you can start this process early on in the stains 'life' then it really is easy peasy. My only complaint is that the bottles I have are an old design and the spray no longer works so have to pour it onto the shirts but hey its no biggie and the new bottles look much more effective.

Austenland: A Novel (Austenland 1)
Austenland: A Novel (Austenland 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for light reading, 20 May 2013
Having watched the tv series Lost in Austen loads of times I thought I would give this a go - mmm not a bad read if you want something lightweight - there were a few laughs, the idea for the storyline is a good one but I don't think I shall bother to buy any follow ups as I feel they will be more of the same.

Jack Wolfe, Paranormal Investigator
Jack Wolfe, Paranormal Investigator

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly enjoyed this book, 20 May 2013
I got this as a kindle daily deal and was intrigued by the synopsis and it was cheap too so thought I would give it a go. Well I was pleasantly surprised as this turned out to be a really good read, good storyline with lots of action and quite a bit of gore too. I like the main character - it was definitely had that 1930s gumshoe novel feel to it but obviously with a lot more besides. Hopefully there will be more....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2013 10:53 AM BST

Crimes Against Magic (Hellequin Chronicles Book 1)
Crimes Against Magic (Hellequin Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 20 May 2013
This book was a great read, I enjoyed the way the author paralleled a similar situation that the lead character had gone thru previously with what was happening now and I warmed to Nate very much. There are enough insights into his past to keep you hooked throughout the book as well. There were a few grammatical errors on the kindle version but no where near as bad as some books I have downloaded so it didn't ruin my enjoyment at all. In fact I enjoyed this so much that as soon as I finished it I went online and downloaded the 2nd book in the series (born of hatred) which I have almost finished and I am now really hoping that Steve McHugh as a few more books about Nate planned as I don't want to let him go just yet!

TimeRiders: The Pirate Kings (Book 7)
TimeRiders: The Pirate Kings (Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book in the this series, 20 April 2013
Once again we are thrown back in to the world of time travel and what an enjoyable romp it is. We aren't really any closer to the mystery of Pandora in this book although I did enjoy the story and we get to know Rashim a lot better as he plays a major role in this particular time travel story. As you get towards the end of the book the story becomes quite poignant and I began to dread reading about Rashim and Liam's fate, I was that involved in their story. As I have said before in other reviews for Alex's books - I like his style and find his stories and characters very engaging.

Ellie Quin Episode 3: Beneath the Neon Sky (The Ellie Quin Series)
Ellie Quin Episode 3: Beneath the Neon Sky (The Ellie Quin Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Alex Scarrow and enjoyed this offering, 20 April 2013
I have read all the Ellie Quin books, stumbling on them when I did a search to see when the next Timeriders was out. I am a fully grown adult (!) but so enjoyed these books and read them one after the other so now have to wait for the next instalment in the series to find out what Ellie gets up to off world and what her role is in the future of mankind. I like Alex Scarrows writing style and don't have any complaints or criticisms on this so if you like this guy then you will enjoy this series as well.

Page: 1 | 2