Profile for Neil A. Chambers > Reviews

Content by Neil A. Chambers

Neil A. Chambers "nchambers10" (Plymouth, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Testament
The Testament
by Eric Lustbader
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars What has happened to Lustbader?, 21 July 2014
I have read all of Lustbader's early works (The Ninja, Black Heart, etc.) and enjoyed both the style and the quality of the books.

I must admit I haven't read any of his Bourne series, but I can only imagine Robert Ludlum's turgid style has rubbed off on him.

This book is tedious, totally improbable and deeply disappointing. None of the characters have any depth and the storyline is ridiculous. I can only say to Mr Lustbader - go back and read your decent work and have a long think about what has gone wrong lately!

Save yourself a disappointing read and give this a miss.

Canon IXUS 240 HS Digital Camera - Black (16.1 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.2 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 Jun 2014
I own a few Canon cameras (SLR and compact) and love them all.

Not this one...

This has been something of a disappointment (I've owned it a year now). The quality is not appreciably better than my old 7MP Ixus and the functionality is a pain in the ****!

The touchscreen is temperamental, the menu never seems the same twice (hard to quickly access the necessary section) and the battery life is atrocious.

It also has wi-fi capability but this has never worked. I followed the instructions to set it up (using a web download as the set up CD wasn't included and canon won't provide a replacement) but it will not recognise any wi-fi network at all.

Overall, I would not recommend this at any price over about £20 and even then I'd think twice. In my opinion this is the worst Canon I've ever owned.

Pure... '80S Soul Grooves
Pure... '80S Soul Grooves

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school memories, 6 Jun 2014
What can I say? This is like a time machine for me - taking me back to the days when no Saturday was complete without purchasing a few 12" singles to try and be the only one in our group to have them.

Great tunes and great memories - if you were an eighties clubber and loved all,the club charts this is the CD set for you.

PS Buy the disc set and get the MP3 download for free. When I purchased it the CD set cost less than just the download!

As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start, 6 Jun 2014
I got this a while back but only read it this week.

I thoroughly enjoyed the character Nick Dixon and I will definitely read the other two books in the series.

My only complaint is the short length of the book - just as I started to get into it, it ended! Hopefully later books will be a little longer as I tend to devour short novels.

If you enjoy Dick Francis style books then the Nick Dixon series may be for you.

HL® Clip ON Book Reading Bright Light Booklight in Good Packing for Amazon Kindle/ Kindle Touch KOBO e Reader Books Laptops Notebook and Maps

2.0 out of 5 stars Fails to light the whole page., 12 May 2014
Disappointly this is only useful if you want to read just the top half of the pages. It fails to reach the bottom of the page and is, therefore no real use for night-time reading.

I've since upgraded and purchased a Kandle by Ozeri II and the difference is amazing.

Kandle by Ozeri II in Black -- Designed for the Amazon Kindle (fits latest generation Kindle and all models), and other eBook readers
Offered by Ozeri UK

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant (literally!), 12 May 2014
I own a Kobo and purchased a small clip on lamp to enable me to read it bed. It was almost useless and I was resigned to using a bedside lamp until I heard of this light. The three LED lights produce a brilliant light (with two settings) and illuminates the whole page - not just the top half - perfectly.

I cannot recommend this highly enough. This is definitely worth every penny of the price.

If you have an e-reader and need a light, look no further. Buy today!

FoneM8® - New Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch Pro Book Leather Case Cover - Black
FoneM8® - New Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch Pro Book Leather Case Cover - Black
Offered by FoneM8store

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the money, 11 Oct 2013
I bought this to go with my Kobo Touch asa cheap protection on holiday.

Was I mistaken! This is not cheap, just inexpensive. It looks and feels like quality and certainly is as good as the more expensive cases. I bought a second case, in a smaller size for my wifes Kobo mini and she was also delighted.

The little pocket inside seems pointless, but I just store my Kobo card inside for convenience.

Thoroughly recommended and fast delivery too.

Kingavon BB-PG150 Portable Gas Cabinet Heater
Kingavon BB-PG150 Portable Gas Cabinet Heater
Offered by product mania

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Dec 2012
We needed a heater fairly quickly and received this within days (don't order next day over a weekend).

It is an efficient heater that seems to use less gas than our previous one. It does the job, what more can I say?

Utter Folly
Utter Folly

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Utter Folly (Kindle Edition)
I must admit I bought this with very limited expectations. I'd never heard of this author, nor his book.

I loved it!

My wife was actually woken up at one point by my laughter - I can't give higher praise.

Thoroughly recommended.

Proper Job
Proper Job

4.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: Proper Job (Kindle Edition)
I haven't laughed out loud this much at a book in ages.

It was a highly enjoyable read, but I don't recommend it in bed if your partner is trying to sleep - my wife was disturbed by my laughter.

I will definitely look out for more from this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3